Continuum Health Partners

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Continuum Health Partners.

Interview Details – Referred to by an outside recruiter. Interview first with Group Manager, then the Director and later the Sr. Director. Followed by background check.

Interview Question – They are very objective and nothing is unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR dictates the ceiling of what they could offer.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Continuum Health Partners

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively painless. I interviewed with the 2 people I would report to. My past experience helped out a lot. As far as the hiring process that was a bit more tedious since it is a hospital. A blood test and drug screening is required along with 2 TB tests that you have to get read each time which is a bit of a pain. Other than that its a breeze

Senior Tech Lead - Consultant Interview

Secaucus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Continuum Health Partners in September 2009.

Interview Details – Easy & Quick

Negotiation Details – Offered the position same day

Staff RN Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Continuum Health Partners in October 2011.

Interview Details – In 2011, Continuum offered weekly open interviews for registered nurses in their corporate building. For the most part, new graduates were interviewed in a group setting, whereas experienced ones were interviewed 1:1. I have been turned away politely several times as an LPN, as a newly graduate Associate's degree RN, and finally, with great luck, I was ushered in solo to meet the recruiter for Beth Israel (For some odd reason, there was no other new grads with me at that perfect time). Ms. Veronica Lopez, senior recruiter at the time, took a chance with my 3 month experience in an ambulatory surgery center and forwarded it to the Director of Peri-operative Services. She did not promise me anything. Just that she would forward my resume and hope for the best that the Director would respond back. Which she did after 3 days. I was interviewed a week later by the Director and Assistant Director of Peri-operative Services and got the job!

Interview Question – How would you handle uncooperative/insubordinate staff members?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a new RN graduate with no prior work experience in a hospital setting, I felt I was in no position to negotiate salaries. However, as I was pursuing my BSN at the time, I had asked if it was possible to accommodate my school schedule and thankfully, management agreed.

Financial Representative Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Continuum Health Partners in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position internally. I filled out a transfer form and faxed it, along with my resume, to HR. I was contacted by the recruiter within one week. She set up an interview with two members of the management team and went over the change in pay rate. The actual interview was pretty run-of-the-mill. It consisted of general questions about my previous healthcare experience. Oddly, it took close to 2 months to hear back from HR about the position. But, I got it.

Interview Question – If there is a problem or something you don't know how to do, do you keep it to yourself or do you ask for help?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a union position. So, the pay rate is already written in stone. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The rate is higher than almost every other hospital in the region. I've only found one hospital that pays more, about 1k more per year.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Continuum Health Partners.

Interview Details – Corporate human resources welcomes applicants to stop by on tuesdays to view current job postings and submit resumes every tuesday. If you are a health professional it is helpful if you have an internal referral from a current employee. If you are looking for an administrative/business/finance position it is highly reccomended that you are referred by a current employee, as open positions are typically not posted. Recruitment for entry level corporate or administrative positions is primarily done through college and graduate school alumni career relationships. The interview process for corporate positions may involve interview questions and or tests on the applicants technical abilities involving MS excel or outlook, as proficiency with these applications is a must. The interview process may involve several on sight interviews. If you are brought in to interview, it is because your skill set on your resume is a match for the position that is being filled and you have been narrowed down as a prime prospect. The interview is key to recieving an offer. While you have to verbally demonstrate your knowledge and competancy technicaly, your interpersonal skills are primarily being looked at during the interview. During the interview most applicants that have been called will on paper have the same level of technical skills, it is important to convey how you have applied these skills and in what capacity. This holds about 30-40 percent weight on if you recieve an offer. Your personality is the major factor in recieving an offer about 60-70 percent, as team dynamics are key.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is to rate yourself on some competancy or skill that you have highlighted on your resume. It is. Way for the interviewer to determine how accurately you have portrayed yourself on your resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate to a certain extent. But the offers usually fall at the midpoint of the salary range unless you ace the interview. A job offer should be wihin a week of the interview. The earlier the offer the more interested they are. Use this as a guide in your salary request (ie. if you get an offer before a week is up bump up your reuest if an offer is made two weeks later aim for the mid point.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Continuum Health Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Continuum Health Partners interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Continuum Health Partners employees and interview candidates.