Continuum

3.1

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Continuum in October 2014.

Not coordinated very well. The process took two months and from the beginning not coordinated well. Talked to initial contact there first who then suggested I speak to more folks and then after that talked to recruiter, etc. It seems they don't know what they want long-term. I think the firm needs to coordinate better with each other and be more transparent about feedback.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, just general interview over the phone.   Answer Question

Pay too low and title too low to see upward mobility

Marketing Guru Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continuum in October 2014.

They connected with me within a week of applying and scheduled an interview right away, which was refreshing. I could tell they knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate from the questions they asked, which was also refreshing. It felt more like a conversation than an interview in a very positive way.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Three examples of recent industry marketing campaigns that I was impressed by.
      I thought this was a great question that gave me a chance to talk about my favorites and the reasons why I was impressed while demonstrating my ability to stay current on what's happening in the industry.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Continuum.

Had two interviews, one on phone and one on skype since I was relocating to Boston. Phone interview was with one person and skype interview was with larger group / team. Both times I took them through my work and it was generally pretty straight forward. I never felt stressed throughout the process. Asked a lot about my experience and interest in certain aspects of the job (doing research, more strategy, etc). Really kind people and seemed genuinely interested on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Are you also interested in strategy and research or mainly just the actual designing process?   Answer Question

Design Strategist Interview

Ask me to describe my portfolio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Continuum.

online submission, extremely long between submitting and hearing from HR, phone interview, several panel interviews

Snr Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continuum.

It was great! A wonderful group of people that asked in-depth, smart Qs about my background. I got a sense that they really wanted to make sure there would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • They really pressed me on specific examples of my past work, which I respect.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Newton, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Continuum in May 2012.

There was an initial phone screen interview (30 min) and possibly another interview after that. I was then asked to complete a project which would then be presented to about 6-8 people. They gave me about 1.5 weeks to do it and they said to only spend only 4-8 hours on it however it was very clear they didn't care I spent much more. After that was presented there was another interview that involved the same people who heard my presentation however this was only 3 people. It seemed a bit silly to me to have me interview with the same people again, but they told me very directly they are interviewing other people and want to find the best person.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, but it was very mentally draining. Essentially, they dragged out the process and interviews which can become very frustrating. To me, great interviews feel like a conversation as opposed to an interrogation. This was very much them trying to get you to crack.   Answer Question

Envisioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Continuum in April 2009.

Continuum was very prepared and straightforward in what they were looking for and how they approached the interview. They initially asked to see my portfolio, and asked for more examples as a follow up, so the more tangible proof of your value you have, the better! The conversation felt very natural, and my interviewers were not intimidating at all.

Design Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continuum in October 2010.

Hiring managers were nice, professional and cordial. I currently work for one of their competitors and was not sure if I was contacted for an interview so that they could lean more about my company's processes and clients, or if they were genuinely interested in me as a candidate for the job.

I was asked a lot of questions about process, for example: if we work with external vendors, how I currently conduct research analysis, how my department deals with consumer information, how research findings filter through the company etc… Interviewers did not seem very interested in other topics. I had the same experiences with IDEO once and this leads me to wonder if consultancies regularly conduct interviews NOT to hire prospective candidates, but to learn about competitor's methodologies?

After the interview I sent a follow up and a thank you letter and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult but a lot of questions about process and methodologies   Answer Question