Control Risks

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Control Risks in May 2011.

First a phone interview, followed up two more rounds of 1:1, then salary negotiations

Interview Questions
    • If we asked your best friend why we should not hire you, what would he say?   Answer Question
    Pretty good, kept me in the loop, good communication

Head of Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Control Risks.

1) Submission of CV and cover letter,
    2) one hour telephone interview to assess if suitable candidate,
    3) 4-hour written exam (editing, analysis, drafting and summarise information, reading comprehension)
    4) in case of invitation after written test there was to be a prepared analytical presentation and panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate understanding of political context on macro-economic instability and growth.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Control Risks in August 2014.

The organisation do a lot of direct hirings from telephone interview to face to face internationally, across all the countries they are looking after.
    Professional, friendly and experienced interview panel.
    The interview time can take from 1week to 2 weeks and feedback after interview are given within sufficient time. Induction in a big part of the organisation and people understand the company values before starting working with Control Risks

Consultant Interview

Friendly HR team, but not very reactive. Need to push for an interview. Company has a culture of discretion. Self confidence and ability to adapt to interviewers' varied backgrounds (military, financial, legal) key to job process. Expect a full background check.

Interview Questions
    • how do you find your way home if you're lost in the forest?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Control Risks.

Lengthy process with multiple interviews, writing tasks, and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but tasks require a lot of research.   Answer Question

Business Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Control Risks in February 2012.

applied via website, very slow to respond (3 weeks) then requested an online test before inviting me in

Interview Questions
    • asked about the legal hurdles and restrictions to accessing some UK public records and documents   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Control Risks in April 2010.

Years ago, I applied for a job at CR. Got asked to answer three questions by email in thirty minutes. Radio silence after that. A 'we have received your answers' would have been polite, as maybe a quick reply when I enquired about it a couple of weeks later. One can learn from one's mistakes and it would have been nice if CR had taken the two minutes to give a quick assessment, or at least clarify if they ever received the answers at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out, although the questions were quite challenging for me at the time.   Answer Question

Consultant – Security, Risk and Investigations Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Control Risks in June 2009.

It is a small consulting firm in world-wide basis. Get prepared for how to conduct investigation of supplier fraud and how to handle difficult situation like you are facing a dilemma. Client portfolio is diverse ranging from investment bank, government and multi-national corporation. Previous investigation experience is preferred. Work culture should not be as exhaustive as Big4.

Interview Questions
    • How do you respond with anonymous email of whistle blowing?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Control Risks in August 2008.

Initial communication was with country-head level leader for whom I had previously been an intern (years prior). Additional follow-up interview with practice-leader head who ran the project team that I would be a part of. Written tests on Chinese language skills (essential for the role) as well as English writing skills (ability to write in a professional, sophisticated, and polished manner is also essential to being successful in the role). Third round of interviews with would-be peers, HR, etc. Salary negotiations with HR and hiring manager, pretty straightforward. Start to finish one month.

Interview Questions
    • Chinese language reading and writing test is a doozy for some.   Answer Question
    It was my first job in China at the time, I made a salary request, they immediately accepted, meaning I probably could've gotten more. Still a pretty fair salary, and higher than they paid others who followed in my footsteps. You will work very hard in this job, so make sure you're making enough to be satisfied for real, for at least a year, otherwise you will burn out.