Control4 Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2014
Updated May 2, 2014

3.2

Senior Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Control4 in June 2013.

I was phone interviewed by HR. I also had applied for another position there.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a ballpark salary estimate.   View Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Control4 in October 2012.

Employee referral in to mobile engineering position. Some confusion on when and who I would be interviewing with. Initial phone screen was fine with a combination of general problem solving and then tech knowledge on iOS. Discussed several facets of iOS apps that I have worked on and especially interested in more complex architecture application and not things like gaming. So this included XML parsing, web services integration, threading, model views, layout of designs, databases, upgrade methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would want to use ARC.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Control4 in June 2012.

1. Got email from recruiter
    2. Talk to the recruiter for 20 min over phone
    3. Talk to hiring manager for 20 min over phone
    4. On-site for 1.5 hour

Went for interview 5 months ago. The product doesn't sound exciting after the introduction from hiring manager. Hiring manager asked me technical question while typing the email.

The 2nd engineer came and asked me to evaluate myself. The googling is treated as 0 level from his opinion. Then he asked me one technical question about traverse tree in Pre-order without using recursion. I don't think I answer it well. Then he told me how come I cannot answer such an easy question. Then I was kicked out.

After 4 weeks, got email from HR and told me it is a tough decision that I am not selected. For me, it is a pretty easy decision though.

Engineering Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Control4 in June 2011.

A phone Screen with the head of the engineering department for about an hour with some minor technical questions about background. FUll-day interview started with a panel interview by 3 Senior Engineers who explored background, asked questions of hands-on experience. 1:1 interviews followed with peers, marketing, and then the head of the engineering department.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last project you personally programmed for?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Control4 in May 2011.

After applying through their website I received a call that consisted in questions about why applied and some questions about my resume. The next day I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. The interview consisted in two sessions the same day. One with the manager the group I would be working with and the other with the manager's manager. Questions were behavioral, networking, linux and more questions about my resume.