ConvaTec

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ConvaTec.

Interview Details – Process varies from person to person. Depending on whether you are friends with the CEO, a family member, or going through a recruiter.

Interview Question – I didn't find the interview very difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Senior Project Coordinator
Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in January 2010.

Interview Details – Found the job through Indeed.com. Interview process was pleasant. I met with multiple management team members who asked a series of behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – One of the managers asked me what book I was currently reading. Wasn't expecting that one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was frowned upon. I was able to negotiate vacation time, but not salary.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager - Ostomy Interview

Marketing Manager - Ostomy
Skillman, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at ConvaTec in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process started when a ConvaTec Recruiter called me having just received my resume. Usual phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with three people (hiring manager, director and HR person). About a week later I had another interview with one of the VP's, followed by another in-person with the Sr.VP. It all seemed to be going great, until they literally dropped off the face of earth... despite several attempts to gain some feedback from HR in regards to where they were in the process, NOTHING. Not a "thank you but we've chosen someone else" email, nothing... THANK GOD, as this just went to confirm everything I've read elsewhere about this company. It would have been a horrible move to go there - so there... THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!!!

Interview Question – No difficult questions, it was all normal stuff - 'walk me through your resume and experience' type of questions. Actually it was nice! very sweet people. Too bad they are all stuck in that disfunctional place....   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. i was contacted about 3 days later to interview in NJ. The interview was with the RSM, VP, and HR, it was about 3 hours long. Some tough questions, but good experience overall.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Skillman, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in February 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through their system and followed up via phone. I had one phone interview with HR and two rounds of on-site interviews each round consisting of 4 one-on-one interviews. The interviewers consisted of the hiring manager, the hiring manager's manager, an internal stakeholder and a couple in HR. Everyone was very polite, professional and not intimidating. Interviews consisted of interviewees talking about the requirements of the job and questions that helped me communicate how I was suitable for the job. I was also allowed to ask questions in a relaxed manner. There were some questions to gauge how I'd fit into the culture and if I had the personality and know-how to get the job done. Over all, I was very happy with the interview process and felt it was right to match me to my position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a member on your team was not accomplishing what was asked of him/her and what did you do to handle that situation.   Answer Question
  • What have you learned about (the company)? (Towards the end of the interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but thought the offer was fair.

Global Manager Interview

Global Manager
Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple and straightforward process: phone screen with HR, followed by phone screen with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later they brought me in to do soem 1 on 1 interviewing. This lasted about 1/2 day. They then called the next day to let me know of their interest, and I received their formal written offer a couple of weeks later. Pretty impressive and streamlined. I can sense talented people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate some additional vacation time and a personal day off that I needed just after hiring. They were very flexible.

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then 2 one on one interviews with the hiring manager. Next steps would have been a field ride and another interview with two other managers/executives. seems like a good company looking towards the future. Money was okay-they will negotiate based on experience. Relationship based sale.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConvaTec in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to job posting via workopolis. Followed up with company. Received call from HR director 3 weeks later. Scheduled phone interview. No follow-up for over a month. Reached out again to company. Heard back from sales manager who takes weeks to respond to an email after a face to face interview. Sales manager is horrible at following up and managing the hiring process.

Interview Question – Their were no difficult or unexpected questions. I did allll my research on the company, products and competition.   Answer Question

Regulatory Associate Interview

Regulatory Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in October 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview with 4 people asking questions about my background and experience. These questions seemed kind of canned or preprogrammed like "tell me about a time when you missed a deadline" things like that. Also asked about "behaviors" that might have been related to company culture and performance expectations. Leadership and collaboration characteristics were of interest.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you missed a deadline   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ConvaTec in January 2011.

Interview Details – had first interviews. Waiting for 2nd

Interview Questions

Worked for ConvaTec? Contribute to the Community!