ConvaTec Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec.

Contacted through a recruiter. Telephone preliminary interview. About 2 weeks later had a face to face with the Regional Manager. About 2 weeks later a face to face with the Director of Saes. Both very pleasant and had both been with the company for a long time. This fact alone made me think this was a good company as the people were: not right out of school, and enjoyed their careers enough to stay on board.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Normal stuff. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What drives you? Not all that creative, but more of a conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ConvaTec.

Process varies from person to person. Depending on whether you are friends with the CEO, a family member, or going through a recruiter.

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in January 2010.

Found the job through Indeed.com. Interview process was pleasant. I met with multiple management team members who asked a series of behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • One of the managers asked me what book I was currently reading. Wasn't expecting that one.   View Answer
    Negotiation was frowned upon. I was able to negotiate vacation time, but not salary.

Marketing Manager - Ostomy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at ConvaTec in September 2013.

The process started when a ConvaTec Recruiter called me having just received my resume. Usual phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with three people (hiring manager, director and HR person). About a week later I had another interview with one of the VP's, followed by another in-person with the Sr.VP. It all seemed to be going great, until they literally dropped off the face of earth... despite several attempts to gain some feedback from HR in regards to where they were in the process, NOTHING. Not a "thank you but we've chosen someone else" email, nothing... THANK GOD, as this just went to confirm everything I've read elsewhere about this company. It would have been a horrible move to go there - so there... THANKS BUT NO THANKS!!!!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, it was all normal stuff - 'walk me through your resume and experience' type of questions. Actually it was nice! very sweet people. Too bad they are all stuck in that disfunctional place....   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2013.

Phone interview with HR. i was contacted about 3 days later to interview in NJ. The interview was with the RSM, VP, and HR, it was about 3 hours long. Some tough questions, but good experience overall.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in February 2010.

Submitted resume through their system and followed up via phone. I had one phone interview with HR and two rounds of on-site interviews each round consisting of 4 one-on-one interviews. The interviewers consisted of the hiring manager, the hiring manager's manager, an internal stakeholder and a couple in HR. Everyone was very polite, professional and not intimidating. Interviews consisted of interviewees talking about the requirements of the job and questions that helped me communicate how I was suitable for the job. I was also allowed to ask questions in a relaxed manner. There were some questions to gauge how I'd fit into the culture and if I had the personality and know-how to get the job done. Over all, I was very happy with the interview process and felt it was right to match me to my position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a member on your team was not accomplishing what was asked of him/her and what did you do to handle that situation.   Answer Question
    • What have you learned about (the company)? (Towards the end of the interview)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but thought the offer was fair.

Global Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2010.

Very simple and straightforward process: phone screen with HR, followed by phone screen with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later they brought me in to do soem 1 on 1 interviewing. This lasted about 1/2 day. They then called the next day to let me know of their interest, and I received their formal written offer a couple of weeks later. Pretty impressive and streamlined. I can sense talented people.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the method you would use to quickly learn the business we are in?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate some additional vacation time and a personal day off that I needed just after hiring. They were very flexible.

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in March 2009.

Had a phone interview and then 2 one on one interviews with the hiring manager. Next steps would have been a field ride and another interview with two other managers/executives. seems like a good company looking towards the future. Money was okay-they will negotiate based on experience. Relationship based sale.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ConvaTec in December 2013.

Applied to job posting via workopolis. Followed up with company. Received call from HR director 3 weeks later. Scheduled phone interview. No follow-up for over a month. Reached out again to company. Heard back from sales manager who takes weeks to respond to an email after a face to face interview. Sales manager is horrible at following up and managing the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Their were no difficult or unexpected questions. I did allll my research on the company, products and competition.   Answer Question

Regulatory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ConvaTec in October 2011.

Straightforward interview with 4 people asking questions about my background and experience. These questions seemed kind of canned or preprogrammed like "tell me about a time when you missed a deadline" things like that. Also asked about "behaviors" that might have been related to company culture and performance expectations. Leadership and collaboration characteristics were of interest.

Interview Questions

Worked for ConvaTec? Contribute to the Community!