ConvergEx Interview Questions

Accounts Payable Interview

the interview was very general and i do not know how they can select a candidate from this process.

Interview Questions
    • They just ask stuff that was on your resume nothing too much   Answer Question

Intern, Program Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx.

First step is a phone screen by an HR rep. Next I had an on-site interview with that same HR rep. After about a half hour, I met with the Managing Director one-on-one. Then I met with another employee that worked on the Trade Desk. Then I met with another Managing Director one-on-one. Lastly, I went out to lunch with the two Managing Directors. The whole process lasted about 4 hours. The questions were mostly behavioral, though there were some basic technical questions that had to do with statistics and economics.

No negotiations

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx in August 2013.

HR Generalist first communication--10 minute phone conversation. 1st Interview--Met with HR Generalist for 20 mins then MD from department that was hiring for 5 mins(had a meeting). 2nd Interview--Met with 3 MD's from dept. for 1.5 hours.

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConvergEx in November 2011.

The interview wasn't bad. The were several 1-1 interviews and it seemed very disorganized. The people interviewing were completely random and all the questions were very repetitive. They asked a few logic questions but were pretty simple and you could probably find them all online beforehand. My best advice is to be confident and don't get stumped by any of their questions. The culture of the company is very young so it's pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • If the lights were turned off and you had to reach into a drawer that had 10 white socks and 10 black socks how many would you have to pull out to guarantee that you had a matching pair?   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx in May 2011.

I met with several people at the company, starting with a 1:1 interview with HR, and then 1:1 interviews with the members of the group. Finally, I was asked back for a writing sample test and given 6-7 questions about relevant topics in the market. I was given 90 minutes to answer as many as I wanted, in as little or as much detail as I preferred. I was told that I would hear back in several days, as I had another offer on the table, but I was never contacted again, even though I reached out to HR via phone and email. The interview process was quite positive until this point.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ConvergEx in January 2010.

First interview was in November and got a call back about a month later to come to the headquarters in New York. Went to New York a few weeks later and interviewed with 5 employees, 3 traders, 1 human resources, 1 sales.

QA Analyst Interview

It was very standard. Technical questions around implementation process.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConvergEx.

I was referred by a staffing agency, they contact me for a resume and set up the interview. Four people was at the interview, they asked the basic behavioral question and talked about my experience. Research what the company does before hand and be prepared for question on this topic. This company handle transaction world wide, so you may be asked to work on US holiday, the day after Thanksgiving, Easter...They staff people from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time to accommodate world stock exchanges, so you will also be asked to work early or late shift.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourselves in 10 years   View Answer

Worked for ConvergEx? Contribute to the Community!