ConvergEx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable

Interviewed at ConvergEx

Interview Details – the interview was very general and i do not know how they can select a candidate from this process.

Interview Question – They just ask stuff that was on your resume nothing too much   Answer Question

Intern, Program Trading Interview

Intern, Program Trading
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx.

Interview Details – First step is a phone screen by an HR rep. Next I had an on-site interview with that same HR rep. After about a half hour, I met with the Managing Director one-on-one. Then I met with another employee that worked on the Trade Desk. Then I met with another Managing Director one-on-one. Lastly, I went out to lunch with the two Managing Directors. The whole process lasted about 4 hours. The questions were mostly behavioral, though there were some basic technical questions that had to do with statistics and economics.

Interview Question – What is a standard line?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx in August 2013.

Interview Details – HR Generalist first communication--10 minute phone conversation. 1st Interview--Met with HR Generalist for 20 mins then MD from department that was hiring for 5 mins(had a meeting). 2nd Interview--Met with 3 MD's from dept. for 1.5 hours.

Interview Question – Nothing bad--more of a conversation   Answer Question

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Connectivity Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConvergEx in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't bad. The were several 1-1 interviews and it seemed very disorganized. The people interviewing were completely random and all the questions were very repetitive. They asked a few logic questions but were pretty simple and you could probably find them all online beforehand. My best advice is to be confident and don't get stumped by any of their questions. The culture of the company is very young so it's pretty relaxed.

Interview Question – If the lights were turned off and you had to reach into a drawer that had 10 white socks and 10 black socks how many would you have to pull out to guarantee that you had a matching pair?   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConvergEx in May 2011.

Interview Details – I met with several people at the company, starting with a 1:1 interview with HR, and then 1:1 interviews with the members of the group. Finally, I was asked back for a writing sample test and given 6-7 questions about relevant topics in the market. I was given 90 minutes to answer as many as I wanted, in as little or as much detail as I preferred. I was told that I would hear back in several days, as I had another offer on the table, but I was never contacted again, even though I reached out to HR via phone and email. The interview process was quite positive until this point.

Interview Questions

Sales and Trading Interview

Sales and Trading
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConvergEx in January 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was in November and got a call back about a month later to come to the headquarters in New York. Went to New York a few weeks later and interviewed with 5 employees, 3 traders, 1 human resources, 1 sales.

Interview Question – If you were to sell me anything, what would it be?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

Interviewed at ConvergEx

Interview Details – It was very standard. Technical questions around implementation process.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions]   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConvergEx.

Interview Details – I was referred by a staffing agency, they contact me for a resume and set up the interview. Four people was at the interview, they asked the basic behavioral question and talked about my experience. Research what the company does before hand and be prepared for question on this topic. This company handle transaction world wide, so you may be asked to work on US holiday, the day after Thanksgiving, Easter...They staff people from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time to accommodate world stock exchanges, so you will also be asked to work early or late shift.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourselves in 10 years   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ConvergEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConvergEx interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by ConvergEx employees and interview candidates.