Convergence Marketing

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergence Marketing in December 2011.

Interview Details – Easiest interview ever. Give them your experience (be brief, they probably aren't even listening) and sound like you have some sense. The seasonal work makes Convergence reach high turnaround before every season, so if you're getting an interview, they are probably already desperate for people.

Interview Question – They ask if you can read a planogram..... if you've ever done more in a retail store than be a cashier, you should be okay.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Reset Merchandiser Interview

Cosmetic Reset Merchandiser
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergence Marketing in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on All Retail Jobs and it took over a month to hear anything back from them. After a month I got an email to get pm a conference call to discuss job openings in my area. After that took place it took another three months to hear from them.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They hire and throw you into the storm with no direction whatsoever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonnegotaible

Merchandising Team Leader Interview

Merchandising Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergence Marketing.

Interview Details – Applied via Internet, got a call within 48 hours, asked a few questions, was told they only pay $11/hr even though I've done this job for over 8 years, sent email with my log in info, started working

Interview Question – None, all generic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, was told they only paid $11/hr no matter what

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergence Marketing in September 2013.

Interview Details – it's over the phone as they're based in MD, They asked if I had set up displays in retail before and if I had transportation. I was told most jobs would be 1 day to 1 week restting store.

Negotiation Details – they offered me 10.00 then 11.50 an hour. I was misled by the interview because once I got in contact with their cosmetics manager, she sent me endless one hour jobs (they call Blitz work) to my email. The jobs were 50 miles one way from my home for 10.00 an hour before taxes and no mileage. I told her many times I would not be able to take those jobs and she kept sending them. The training (all online) states that the employee is who looks for blitz work in their area and can take it if desired. The only work that was to be assigned was resets in stores that ranged from 8 hours to one week. That never happened.

Texarkana, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergence Marketing in October 2010.

Interview Details – Convergence contacted me via an online job site from a resume' I had posted. A phone interview was done, confirming things like an insured car, a digital camera, internet access, cell phone. All those things are needed in your work but you have to provide them the company does not. After achieving interest via the phone interview a new hire packet is mailed to you, application, tax papers, company info etc. Complete all of that return it and you get a rep number so you can log into the company site and begin to accept work. I never met a supervisor face to face all work has been done via the company site, email and cell phone. I have worked with other reps in stores many times and also alone many times.

Interview Question – I don't recall them playing a 'gotcha' tactic. They were very straightforward and ethical in the interview/hiring process. One of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terms were outlined as boilerplate, work offered was optional at any time, you pick the gigs. So there was no negotiation.

Merchandising Team Leader Interview

Merchandising Team Leader

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergence Marketing in December 2011.

Interview Details – submitted my resume and recieved email same day. I was interviewed with a few key questions and was offered the team lead position which I recieved via email the same day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Convergence Marketing? Contribute to the Community!