Convergys

2.0

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

it was a good and easy interview and a good hiring feeling as well, I am a very spunky person as is, so this was not a hard task for me at all.

Do you think this a place for you to work? And I simply answered yes!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Filled out application..got the job the same day

Interview Questions
    • How to you make sure that you provide customers with the best service possible   Answer Question

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in June 2013.

I went into HR and sat for a few minutes while waiting for the next available interviewer. Looking around, I noticed the different "rooms" were actually "cubed" off, so they had the movable walls in place to give each representative a cubicle to work in so it wouldn't disturb anyone else. She pulled me into her cubicle and began asking about my work history and availability. She proceeded to tell me about the position, what I would be doing, the base pay, and the shifts available. Afterwards, I had to fill out forms answering questions such as criminal history, places I've lived at in the past 10 years, amongst other things. Afterwards, I was told to go to security (on the opposite side of the building) to get my security badge made. I went over to the security spot and was informed how I would be getting into work and everything else like that for my first day, as well as where to pick up my security badge on my first day.

Interview Questions
    • Which shift would I be available to work.   View Answer
    The woman I spoke with told me the hourly wage and the expected shift times for the position I applied for. The only negotiation on this was for second or first shift position. Naturally, I went for first shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

The process starts by applying online and completing several tests including typing tests and math tests. A human resources adviser will call to arrange an interview. If you have received this call, you've passed your tests and are pretty much hired. Once you get there, they'll ask about 5 personality questions and start discussing dates for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with a flexible schedule that can change at any time?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Base pay is always the same, you earn bonuses for extra pay.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

My husband worked here to get us through a tight spot, and now it is my turn. They asked very easy questions, like, "name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and what were the results?"
    I went to HR and filled out the application and did a simple typing and math skills test. I passed both, and the clerk said that a recruiter would call me within one or two days. She called to set up a phone interview the next day. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, and she offered me the job.

None whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

If you have had customer service or job experience you will find the interview process easy. The usual questions were asked like describe a difficult call you previously had. I liked the fact that I never had to dress up to go to an interview; they chose me by phone voice only.

There was no negotiation for this position. All reps get paid the same $10 per hour. Before I came, it used to be $9 and hour, and they raised it $1 for everyone new and old.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in May 2011.

The interview consisted of an application obviously, but after that I was contacted by email describing how I fit their needs for the position. Afterwards I was asked to take a few assessments to see if I could actually do what was going to be asked of me on the job. There was a personality test which is easy to manipulate, following was a typing test to see how fast you could type which could be difficult to some but for most is pretty easy. The final assessment proved to be rather difficult. It was a math test, at first it was very simple math, then progressively advanced in difficulty. It proceeded with basic algebra but the final ten to fifteen questions were pattern problems, what number comes next kind of questions. Failure can easily be avoided by simple copy-paste into search engine tactics. The next day I was contacted via phone and I could easily tell after about a min or two I was called because they were offering me the job, even though it was vaguely masked as a 'phone interview' in which there is a possibility you might not succeed. I guess it is a possibility but all that was asked was, how have I handled (a certain situation like unhappy customer, or showing up to work late) previously. And that was it. The only negative was there was no face to face with a recruiter, and a big thing for me was not being able to see the day to day operations. At that time it wouldn't have changed my mind on taking the job because I needed the money, but if you currently have a job in which you are happy and just looking for a switch or have the resources to continue you job search without any negative financial impact, I would highly consider looking else where.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation as far as pay goes, the only negotiation was start date. The great thing about working at a call center is there are tens if not close to a hundred people with the same job so if you start tomorrow or start in three weeks it won't matter ultimately to the company.

Internal Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in November 2010.

The interview process for Team Leader is very simple for Convergys. Once you apply, you are sent an email with an interview date. Show up with several copies of your resume, as they will never have copies already printed out. The interview will consist of the HR Director and one or two Operations Managers. The first question will be to describe your background, the second will be for you to define a coach/supervisor. After that, the remaining questions will be situational, such as what would you do if you hear that a peer is showing favoritism towards an agent. The interview is fairly simple, I was contacted about a week later and given an offer letter, and started 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what method you would use to coach and agent who was not meeting a specific metric.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. You either accept or decline the salary offered to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in May 2010.

Basically, you have a couple of options: You can go in person to the convergys and sit in a little corner with the testing computers and test to see if you can get in, OR you can go online and fill out an application and hope they contact you back. I felt very insecure when I walked in, like they were already assessing me, but lost interest right away. The questions on the test are logic based, some call center questions like how you would handle individuals on the phone, etc. They don't really give you much more information and send you on your way once you are done. The people in the office seem a bit stressed, unhappy about being there, and bored with their dull environments. It seems very cubicle-ish, and unhappy. That was just in HR though. My husband actually worked there when he got hired on the second time he applied, and they try to keep the turnover rate high on purpose. People were always stressed with the job and always wanted out of there asap. I also had three friends who worked there, and all of them also ran for the hills and all remained employed less than a year. The average time employed for most employees is actually only a couple of weeks, which is the training period.

Interview Questions
    • The math part was hardest for me, but I would expect most people to have trouble with the questions asking how you would handle a call. Most of the answers look slightly similar, so just keep your eyes open and pick the best answer if you must work here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in September 2009.

this was an easy job to get ,looks like they are hire all the time .

Interview Questions
    It is what it is,no room for negotiation