Convergys

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Smooth Interview and Hiring Process. Sadly the recruiter did not give all the information needed to understand everything about your position. Recruiter was professional, and did answer emails promptly, she did give a detail outline of basic information

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as the hourly was already set, and might I say very little for what you have to deal with on a daily basis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in December 2013.

Interviewer was very nice; interview was relaxed but it seemed the questions were from a script.

Interview Questions
    • None really, we mainly went over previous experience and how I handled different situations. Schedules and pay were discussed.   Answer Question
    Salaries were cut and dried, take it or leave it. Hopefully there will be pay increases after training and a certain amount of time working the phones. Commissions are possible depending on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in September 2012.

Applied for the position through the Convergys website and about a week later I received an e-mail and then a phone call from their recruiting department. Went in the next day and completed an assessment to determine if my skills were what they wanted. Basic computer knowledge and typing skills was what got tested. After completing all that which took about an hour a member from the recruiting department comes out and takes you to an office and tells you what the pay is, what the position entails and then you're pretty much hired all that's left is to get your start date and complete a drug test. Overall the employees were nice.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating the pay, it's either take or leave it

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in August 2012.

The process was pretty simple. You feel out the application online after answering a series of questions to build your profile on their website and preference choices. When selected, then you took a couple of test like typing speed, speech quality as well as knowledge in basic window programs. From there once everything has passed as well as your computer that you will be using passes all of their checks. You should receive an email to set up for a one on one interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

This hiring and interview process was nothing more then a cattle call. If you could type, you had a job!

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer
    no such thing as a negotiation phase with Convergys

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

The hiring process was relatively painless, but the interview took forever, as did the testing. There was just a lot of waiting.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't any negotiation.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in January 2012.

Phone interview with the recruiter followed by phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in person interview where the questions were technical pretty much to see if you'd be able to do the job. Questions like, what type of statical analyses and packages are you comfortable using. Sometimes more of a conversation in how different statistical applications work and how they are applied.
    However, thought they were unprofessional since they didn't get back to me to tell me the outcome of the interview. Although, I called and left a message.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you working with SAS? Describe a situation where you had to write a programme in SAS to conduct a specific statistical analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

I was advised about this position through a former co-worker of mine who'd been hired on here. She told me about the position as they were trying to recruit people for a new project they were starting. It sounded good, so I submitted an application. I spoke with a recruiter, who gave me details about the job and the scheduling requirements as well as the training schedules and so on. She asked questions about how I would handle certain issues, the length of my experience, etc. However, she did not explain that we would be expected to work mandatory overtime at any time during the interview. I was forced to find out about the mandatory overtime via a trainer who let it slip towards the end of our training phase.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me how I would handle a given situation as a representative and/or if I had any experiences that were particularly challenging.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

B2B Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys in September 2010.

Interviewed by a recruiter on the telephone, very pleasant woman. However admitted that she did not know a lot about the contract details for the client that they were working with so the questions posed to me were very typical of their usual call center questions rather than qualifiers for the position for which I had submitted my resume.

Interview Questions
    The position was entirely misrepresented as a "new endeavor" on behalf of Convergys - the face to face interview was held by the operations manager who described the position as entry level with a fast-track (3 months) to promotion and travel. This could not have been further from the truth, and over a year later this same operations director admitted that overqualified professionals were hired for the start of this contract in order to "make a good impression" upon the client. Promises werent kept to those hired, employee turn-over became high, and the operations manager began hiring people on government assistance that could not even write a professional email let alone manage sales accounts. Basically a bait-and-switch to the client.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Convergys in July 2010.

I applied for the position via the Companies website after seeing a posting on Lindedin. I applied for several positions once on the companies website and was contacted by an associate HR 5 days later. I have interviewed people myself that have worked there previously due to most of them being laid off by the company. Most of these individuals I interviewed had been with the company for quite sometime (10-20+ years). So that was not a good sign but I applied anyway. I have also been stationed at a career fair next to there recruiters and got to learn a little about the company then. That recruiter had told me how they promote from within and the majority of there positions available to external canidates are entry level. However that wasn't the case with the position I interviewed for. The 1st question asked was the typical go over your resume with me question. After that it was what sort of salary do you need? At that point my answer was to high and I believe that she lost interest. This position pays in the upper $20's to low $30's. If that is all it pays it seems pretty entry level to me. I feel sorry for the 15 people that will report to this person they must get paid well below poverty level. I told the recruiter that I still may have some interest depending on promotion opportunities. She then asked why I felt I was a good fit for the position. After my answer she said well I think thats all I have for you do you have any questions for me. As always I had 8-10 questions lined up but after the 2nd of two questions she couldn't answer I said I will hold the remainder of my questions for our next interview if it comes down to that. Very frustrating!!!!!!!