Convergys

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative II

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was easy.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about it   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in September 2012.

Interview Details – My interview and hiring process was quick and painless. I was contacted, interviewed and hired all in one to two days. My interviewer was a great person to work with as well. She made me feel very comfortable during the process. I can not remember if I actually applied to this online or if the recruiter found my resume online, but it was one or the other.

Interview Question – Sales???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any real negotiation. As a CSRII they have set offers and you either agree or don't accept the position.

Customer Service Representative II

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in July 2012.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was fast and easy and the interview was just a few basic questions. I knew what to expect on my first day.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email from a recruiter within 3-4 days asking for more information on my sales experience, then invited to face to face interview. The interview consisted of 4 computer tests which were very easy. Afterward if you passed you received your one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Behavioral questions which I hate, but none were unexpected.   View Answer
  • Just wanted to add after being offered a position I was told to show up 30 minutes early my first day because they purposely overfill the new hire class and if I show up on time, I might not have a job. I have NEVER had a company do this to me. Really unprofessional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay rate is not competitive.

Moore, OK

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent an online testing site. I was called in for an interview maybe an hour later for the next day. Interview was short and was made offer then. They made me wait almost a month to start their next training class. It was easy. No hard questions. They hire people here to fit their numbers and don't really care at all about anything else. They can't keep their employees as fast as they get rid of them...literally.

Interview Question – Are you available to work any hour any day of the week. It was a requirement.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very vague on benefits but pushed how great they are.

Customer Service Representative II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – 1. Applied online
2. Got a call from HR rep and she sent me an email with a link to some skills test: included math, typing and customer service type questions
3. Got anoter call soon after completing the test for an in person interview.

Interview Question – Customary interview questions like:
Describe a time when -blank- happened, and what did you do?
  View Answer

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in December 2009.

Interview Details – Typical question - What's your strength and weaknesses..Blah Blah - possible letter writing test

Hickory, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

Interview Details – Basically you apply online and get an email a couple days later asking to take a test. You take the test and if you pass and have enough customer service exp (think Mcdonalds, Walmart etc) they call for an interview.
At the interview you dress business casual. Tell them what they want to hear. They tell you and promise you what you want to hear. They set you and 21 other people up for training classes.

Interview Question – None, they were all typical questions like describe your best customer service experience, worst, how did you handle it etc etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You either took the job or you did not. They have another 250 yahoos behind you willing to be their monkey.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online. Then I was invited to complete an online assessment test at home. Afterwards I was contacted by a recruiter and completed a phone interview. it was very easy.

Interview Question – I was asked a question about customer service.   View Answers (2)

Longview, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

Interview Details – So my interview with Convergys was strange (because it obviously is a strange place to work.) I was on the phone the entire time with a woman who was too cheerful and had a much to high pitched voice. I was on the phone about 3 times talking with the recruiter and the conversation consisted of questions some what like these questions: 1. Find something in the room and sale it to me. 2. Are you able to look at more than one web page at a time? 3. Do you have a clean background? Ect ect.. I was asked more than 3 times at least if I was looking into any other jobs other than this one and I said repeatedly no, no and no. My perception of the people are they are putting on a show that makes the environment seem happy and cheerful, and it is until you get on the production floor. Please do not fall into their game. After the phone interview I went into the center to have a orientation and that is where they offer you the job and you sign the papers and officially ruin your life (hopefully only briefly). They wil hire anybody who is not a felon and can type 20 wpm. It was a negative experience because it all turned out to be just a show for new comers.

Interview Question – Sale something to me in the room.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. they simply make you the offer, you can accept or decine. You have no say in your schedule, pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys Customer Service Representative II interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.