Convergys

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Convergys in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy if you know about tech support and basic computer information you will be fine. They reach out to you through e-mail and then you are scheduled to go to the office and take computer test.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was the computer test you are not fully aware of what they are looking for so you are kind of blind going in. Some of the staff present themselves as being a little unprofessional the office is nice but staff seem to be all over the place as far as who you are if they have spoken to you and all your pre-contact information that they should have sometimes gets lost.   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – it was pretty simple doing a few computer assesments and phone interview. all in all the assessments where about two hours long and kinda a pain but once you get thru with the entire process the interview appointment wasnt that long a few standard questions.

Interview Question – what can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Interview Details – Process was quick and easy. I was called for an opportunity that I had not applied for. I would not have hired me but was coached to give the 'correct' answers by the recruiter for the specific job.

Interview Question – Standard questions- 'how do you feel about sales on a scale from 0-3?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None- hired in at standard entry level wage.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in July 2012.

Interview Details – They will honestly hire anyone. It was very easy, i applied one day, got a phone call the next day with an over the phone interview, went in for an interview the day after and even got the job offered that exact day.

Interview Question – There really was no difficult part, its your standard interview.   Answer Question

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Question – All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2010.

Interview Details – fairly easy, just went in took an assessment test and went through a back ground test and then sent to take a drug test

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Brownsville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. They interviewed me to see if I had any experience on customer service. I did a computer test

Interview Question – What to do when a customer is disrespectful   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is done strictly over the phone. have never met one person from convergys in person. Was told my primary duty was service for their client and it turned out that in fact, sales was more important that service.

Interview Question – n/a. all were fairly easy if you are computer and customer service savvy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inquire if sales are a huge part of position.

Pharr, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call he same day I put in the application, we did a phone interview. Then went in for an appointment, did some computer skills tests, did drug test then got hired.

Interview Question – They asked me a lot of questions on how to handle situations, like what to do when a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts off at the same wage here in Pharr, TX.

Columbia, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in October 2012.

Interview Details – It is based on who you know and their hiring needs. The interview was very generic over the phone. They have staffed recruiters that call and ask if you have all the equipment needed to work, then a few basic questions about customer service. A few days later you will get a call or email inviting you to onboard with them.

Interview Question – There wasn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told you what starting pay was.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.