Convergys Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in March 2012.

Called on phone asked my interests, experience, and best qualities. The phone interviewer was nice and spoke well. I liked the phone interview because then I did not have to travel and waste gas on a maybe position. They asked if I wanted the job on-the-spot. They gave me detailed instructions of what the process would be.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Convergys in February 2014.

The interview process was pretty easy if you know about tech support and basic computer information you will be fine. They reach out to you through e-mail and then you are scheduled to go to the office and take computer test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the computer test you are not fully aware of what they are looking for so you are kind of blind going in. Some of the staff present themselves as being a little unprofessional the office is nice but staff seem to be all over the place as far as who you are if they have spoken to you and all your pre-contact information that they should have sometimes gets lost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys.

it was pretty simple doing a few computer assesments and phone interview. all in all the assessments where about two hours long and kinda a pain but once you get thru with the entire process the interview appointment wasnt that long a few standard questions.

there was none

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

Process was quick and easy. I was called for an opportunity that I had not applied for. I would not have hired me but was coached to give the 'correct' answers by the recruiter for the specific job.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions- 'how do you feel about sales on a scale from 0-3?'   View Answer
    None- hired in at standard entry level wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in July 2012.

They will honestly hire anyone. It was very easy, i applied one day, got a phone call the next day with an over the phone interview, went in for an interview the day after and even got the job offered that exact day.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult part, its your standard interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys.

All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2010.

fairly easy, just went in took an assessment test and went through a back ground test and then sent to take a drug test

not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brownsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

The hiring process was very easy. They interviewed me to see if I had any experience on customer service. I did a computer test

Interview Questions
    • What to do when a customer is disrespectful   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in November 2013.

Hiring and interview process is done strictly over the phone. have never met one person from convergys in person. Was told my primary duty was service for their client and it turned out that in fact, sales was more important that service.

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all were fairly easy if you are computer and customer service savvy.   Answer Question
    Inquire if sales are a huge part of position.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!