Convergys

Updated Jan 31, 2015
Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

I was called in for an interview only to find out that I was not going to be talking to anyone, but simply doing testing. It consisted of a typing test, personality test, and a couple of "pop quiz" items on the company they do work for- Charter. The next day I was called to schedule an interview. I told them I could not make the time slot they wanted me to come in because of other things on my schedule. I called them back twice and still couldn't get an interview set for later in the day. It seems like a high turnover place, where you will prob be just a number, I took another position that paid a little better.

Interview Questions
  • No unexpected questions, I was told my 50 wpm typing score was average haha.   View Answer

Offer from a better company.

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

The process and professional experience exceeded my high expectations. All steps were clearly laid out, great communication. Most of the process is online and via email. Their process was more through that I expected for a CSR role, however, it made me understand that this is not just entry level, more of a career working from home.

Interview Questions
    • Managing through their hardware needs can be difficult for a non tech person   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Convergys.

Good experience, easy process no hard questions just be comforable and confident with yourself. Answer all questions with assurance. Dress appropriately and sound like you know what you are talking about. Be honest with what you can bring to the table and what you can't.

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

I been interviewed at Convergys, Lake Mary during their hiring event. After filling application there I been interviewed by team leader. She just followed my application and asked the same questions as in application form. Also she put some notes next to my answer, but mostly rephrased my answer.
    Nothing dificilt, simple question about my background, education, knowledge, what I know about company. After this she described the work I was applying for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

it was pretty simple doing a few computer assesments and phone interview. all in all the assessments where about two hours long and kinda a pain but once you get thru with the entire process the interview appointment wasnt that long a few standard questions.

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

The hiring process was very easy. They interviewed me to see if I had any experience on customer service. I did a computer test

Interview Questions
    • What to do when a customer is disrespectful   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Convergys in February 2014.

The interview process was pretty easy if you know about tech support and basic computer information you will be fine. They reach out to you through e-mail and then you are scheduled to go to the office and take computer test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the computer test you are not fully aware of what they are looking for so you are kind of blind going in. Some of the staff present themselves as being a little unprofessional the office is nice but staff seem to be all over the place as far as who you are if they have spoken to you and all your pre-contact information that they should have sometimes gets lost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in January 2014.

I got a call he same day I put in the application, we did a phone interview. Then went in for an appointment, did some computer skills tests, did drug test then got hired.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot of questions on how to handle situations, like what to do when a customer is upset.   Answer Question
    Everyone starts off at the same wage here in Pharr, TX.