Convergys

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.2

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Convergys.

Good experience, easy process no hard questions just be comforable and confident with yourself. Answer all questions with assurance. Dress appropriately and sound like you know what you are talking about. Be honest with what you can bring to the table and what you can't.

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

it was pretty simple doing a few computer assesments and phone interview. all in all the assessments where about two hours long and kinda a pain but once you get thru with the entire process the interview appointment wasnt that long a few standard questions.

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

The hiring process was very easy. They interviewed me to see if I had any experience on customer service. I did a computer test

Interview Questions
    • What to do when a customer is disrespectful   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Convergys in February 2014.

The interview process was pretty easy if you know about tech support and basic computer information you will be fine. They reach out to you through e-mail and then you are scheduled to go to the office and take computer test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the computer test you are not fully aware of what they are looking for so you are kind of blind going in. Some of the staff present themselves as being a little unprofessional the office is nice but staff seem to be all over the place as far as who you are if they have spoken to you and all your pre-contact information that they should have sometimes gets lost.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in January 2014.

I got a call he same day I put in the application, we did a phone interview. Then went in for an appointment, did some computer skills tests, did drug test then got hired.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot of questions on how to handle situations, like what to do when a customer is upset.   Answer Question
    Everyone starts off at the same wage here in Pharr, TX.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in December 2013.

Interviewer was very nice; interview was relaxed but it seemed the questions were from a script.

Interview Questions
    • None really, we mainly went over previous experience and how I handled different situations. Schedules and pay were discussed.   Answer Question
    Salaries were cut and dried, take it or leave it. Hopefully there will be pay increases after training and a certain amount of time working the phones. Commissions are possible depending on performance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in November 2013.

Hiring and interview process is done strictly over the phone. have never met one person from convergys in person. Was told my primary duty was service for their client and it turned out that in fact, sales was more important that service.

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all were fairly easy if you are computer and customer service savvy.   Answer Question
    Inquire if sales are a huge part of position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

You apply online, then do some short tests. If they call you for an 'interview,' then you pretty much already have the job. They just ask what you can do to know what type of service to place you in.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you gave great customer service.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It's a small, hourly pay job.