Convergys

Getting the Interview

72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Question – All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in October 2010.

Interview Details – fairly easy, just went in took an assessment test and went through a back ground test and then sent to take a drug test

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Brownsville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. They interviewed me to see if I had any experience on customer service. I did a computer test

Interview Question – What to do when a customer is disrespectful   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is done strictly over the phone. have never met one person from convergys in person. Was told my primary duty was service for their client and it turned out that in fact, sales was more important that service.

Interview Question – n/a. all were fairly easy if you are computer and customer service savvy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inquire if sales are a huge part of position.

Pharr, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call he same day I put in the application, we did a phone interview. Then went in for an appointment, did some computer skills tests, did drug test then got hired.

Interview Question – They asked me a lot of questions on how to handle situations, like what to do when a customer is upset.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts off at the same wage here in Pharr, TX.

Columbia, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in October 2012.

Interview Details – It is based on who you know and their hiring needs. The interview was very generic over the phone. They have staffed recruiters that call and ask if you have all the equipment needed to work, then a few basic questions about customer service. A few days later you will get a call or email inviting you to onboard with them.

Interview Question – There wasn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told you what starting pay was.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very nice; interview was relaxed but it seemed the questions were from a script.

Interview Question – None really, we mainly went over previous experience and how I handled different situations. Schedules and pay were discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries were cut and dried, take it or leave it. Hopefully there will be pay increases after training and a certain amount of time working the phones. Commissions are possible depending on performance.

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was inhouse here in Jax...pretty easy. They hired a bunch of us at one time. Nice people. Explained the process in detail. Easy.

Interview Question – No real hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Straight $10 per hour

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in March 2011.

Interview Details – Assessment, Email to schedule phone interview, Phone Interview about past history & how you handle situations. The only thing that put me off is that the lady interviewing me could not describe what my position would entail. The little information she did give me turned out to be incorrect, but not that big of a deal. It was a new department they were hiring for, so I would assume that's why she didn't know anything.

Negotiation Details – The pay was non-negotiable.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in July 2013.

Interview Details – HR called and emailed for initial interview. They were a pleasure to work with. Also follow up emails from the woman who interviewed me.

Interview Question – There were not any really difficult questions, as I have been in the customer service industry for years, and nothing is unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I was told what the pay was and that was all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.