Convergys
2.9 of 5 1,068 reviews
www.convergys.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Convergys Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2014

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2013.

Interview Details – I went into HR and sat for a few minutes while waiting for the next available interviewer. Looking around, I noticed the different "rooms" were actually "cubed" off, so they had the movable walls in place to give each representative a cubicle to work in so it wouldn't disturb anyone else. She pulled me into her cubicle and began asking about my work history and availability. She proceeded to tell me about the position, what I would be doing, the base pay, and the shifts available. Afterwards, I had to fill out forms answering questions such as criminal history, places I've lived at in the past 10 years, amongst other things. Afterwards, I was told to go to security (on the opposite side of the building) to get my security badge made. I went over to the security spot and was informed how I would be getting into work and everything else like that for my first day, as well as where to pick up my security badge on my first day.

Interview Question – Which shift would I be available to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The woman I spoke with told me the hourly wage and the expected shift times for the position I applied for. The only negotiation on this was for second or first shift position. Naturally, I went for first shift.

Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – An application must be completed online. Upon completion of the application, a Recruiting staff member will contact you to set up an assessment of your computer skills and have you complete employment paperwork, upon completion you will either pass or fail, if you pass, you'll be eligible for an interview, during which you will likely take a mock call having been given information and brief preparation time. At that point you may or may not be offered the position and would start training shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – The interview process itself did not pose any particular differentiations from any other customer service related position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be up front about any potential scheduling conflicts, as they will likely be inflexible after you complete your training period.

Livingston, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Convergys in January 2013.

Interview Details – Done by Recruiting Department. They make it seem better than it is. They are very anxious to hire you if you are disabled due to the fact that the company gets Federal Tax Credits

Interview Question – They are very behind technologically. I wasn't informed that I couldn't use my most up to date computer with 3.0 usb. Everything is done from a thumbdrive which they also don't tell you will damage your computer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation and they don't consider years and years of experience, they start everyone at entry level in Customer Service.

Tooele, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was good computer test and flash drive requirements.

Interview Question – Basic technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Interviewed at Convergys

Interview Details – Basic phone interview based on history of employment. not very complicated.

Interview Question – simple interview looking for cogs in machine really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on salary. they do offer pay for performance.
I took this job only to help make it thru a rough patch not being able to find work in my small town...

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Convergys in March 2012.

Interview Details – Done over the phone; relatively easy to get job.

Interview Question – Interviewer unwilling to consider interviewing someone who lived out of state.   View Answer

Racine, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in September 2012.

Interview Details – It took about a month for everything to be complete, very professional and courteous.. My interview and hiring process was all conducted via telephone

Negotiation Details – none,I liked what I was offered

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview told me I had the job before she even asked me any questions, it was crazy.

Interview Question – Interviewer barely asked me any interview questions, she only asked about my past experience. This was the easiest interview I have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They tell you how much you will be making, and you can either accept it or not.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys in April 2012.

Interview Details – They ask specific questions about your history of employment in the particular field. They give you a few customer scenarios pertaining to customer service. They ask a few mor questions about your skills and what you know about the company. There is a drug test and background check. You are offered the position at theend of the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in X years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotation of th epay or the hours. You are given 40 hours a week full time only. There is no part time. pay is already set.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group assesment test. I passed and was called back for a 1:1 interview the same day. I was offered the position on the spot. Did a drug and background test and I will start on wednesday. The entire process took two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non negotiatiable 10 start pay pay difference after 7pm after training. Bonus incentive programs and sales bonuses.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.