Convergys Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail after I submitted my application online to come and attend a job fair. I went the the job fair on Tuesday and took a map assessment and typing test. I passed and an interview was scheduled for that Friday. Asked a few questions and listened to a call. I was hired on the spot and start the following Monday

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Shore, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys (South Shore, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 Interviews. First 1 was Automated Voice Audition. Then spoke with someone who asked me my experience with the different job descriptions. Billing, Tech Support and Sales. Last same person called me back told me about Hours, Training Times and Dates, et and offered me the Position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had to deal with an Angry Customer and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for at Home Agent. I was contacted thru email the same day by a recruiter to test my computer to ensure it met requirements of the job. I was also sent a series of behavioral questions, a typing test and an activity to walk you through the day in the life of a CSR. Once I completed the all the tasks, - I was emailed to interview 2 days later. I was hired after a 60 min phone conversation/interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer?
      Describe good customer service?
      How do you handle a situation when you are going to be late for work?
      Mock sales / role playing scenario - I was nervous about this but it was fun

1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Interview

I took 2 tests online then was invited for an interview. After an interview with HR personnel, I met with a supervisor. He asked me several questions about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Questions were either about past job history or customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in March 2014.

Interview

The questions were general interview questions, tell me about yourself, what qualities in your last job made your stand out, etc. Once you're selected for an interview, there's a short typing assessment and questions.

Interview Questions

• There were targeted questions about what to do when the phone doesn't have internet or can't send messages. Those were the most difficult, but if you know your way around troubleshooting it shouldn't be a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't bother negotiating without certification or a specialized degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys (Clarksville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and the testing also. The interviewer was pleasant. I had previously worked for the company and they were pleased that I came back to be hired as a rehire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was given. The pay was a flat rate. No consideration for previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Greenville, NC).

Interview

An application must be completed online. Upon completion of the application, a Recruiting staff member will contact you to set up an assessment of your computer skills and have you complete employment paperwork, upon completion you will either pass or fail, if you pass, you'll be eligible for an interview, during which you will likely take a mock call having been given information and brief preparation time. At that point you may or may not be offered the position and would start training shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• The interview process itself did not pose any particular differentiations from any other customer service related position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be up front about any potential scheduling conflicts, as they will likely be inflexible after you complete your training period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

I went into HR and sat for a few minutes while waiting for the next available interviewer. Looking around, I noticed the different "rooms" were actually "cubed" off, so they had the movable walls in place to give each representative a cubicle to work in so it wouldn't disturb anyone else. She pulled me into her cubicle and began asking about my work history and availability. She proceeded to tell me about the position, what I would be doing, the base pay, and the shifts available. Afterwards, I had to fill out forms answering questions such as criminal history, places I've lived at in the past 10 years, amongst other things. Afterwards, I was told to go to security (on the opposite side of the building) to get my security badge made. I went over to the security spot and was informed how I would be getting into work and everything else like that for my first day, as well as where to pick up my security badge on my first day.

Interview Questions

• Which shift would I be available to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The woman I spoke with told me the hourly wage and the expected shift times for the position I applied for. The only negotiation on this was for second or first shift position. Naturally, I went for first shift.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview based on history of employment. not very complicated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary. they do offer pay for performance.
    I took this job only to help make it thru a rough patch not being able to find work in my small town...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys (Livingston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Done by Recruiting Department. They make it seem better than it is. They are very anxious to hire you if you are disabled due to the fact that the company gets Federal Tax Credits

Interview Questions

• They are very behind technologically. I wasn't informed that I couldn't use my most up to date computer with 3.0 usb. Everything is done from a thumbdrive which they also don't tell you will damage your computer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation and they don't consider years and years of experience, they start everyone at entry level in Customer Service.