Convergys

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Director Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Convergys in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial discussion on phone was not too detailed.
The Panel interview consisted of 3 people, one Vice President, one Delivery Director, HR Manager. They asked about my experience in delivery and were quite thorough. After that I also had a 1:1 interview with the Head of the group I would be joining.
Inspite of both the interviews going very well, and telling me clearly that they were satisfied, I did not get the offer as they filled the position internally.

Interview Question – In case of an escalation from the client regarding a poor delivery, how would you rectify the position and turn it to your advantage.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

SSE Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in October 2010.

Interview Details – The first round was telephonic and was a detailed screening by who I came to know was the PL/PM. It was a very positive experience and the questions were almost all technical.
Then they called me for a F2F second round at Hyd where the same person along with a very senior manager were the panelists.

I had experience (from the past) similar to what they were working on, so I could easily have been an asset to them. The F2F interview was grilling and was centred on the comparable experience that I had had in the past. Technically, I answered almost all of their questions but functionally, I could not remember a few things (my experience was in the past) while I answered most of their questions. There were more functional questions in the F2F round than technical ones. So, the interview experience was on the positive side, although I did not like their guest house facility at all. I also disliked the city immensely.

The few faces seen at their facility were a mixture of satisfaction and dissatisfaction. The salary I was asking for was the minimum of the range that can be seen on this and other sites. Yet, the HR was trying to offer a salary 1 lakh less than that and mentioned that that, too, was very high. I came to know later from a source that the panelists were not sure if I would join quickly enough as they had a resource crunch. I feel that things could have worked out except for the HR who messed it up by trying to "manage" the salary offered when I was already quoting the lower end of their spectrum. That, unfortunately, created a negative impression about the company in my mind.

Thankfully, they reimbursed the travel expenses to Hyd after a bit of following up.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys interview questions and advice in Hyderabad, India. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.