Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.3

PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Convergys (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume,I placed a phone call, I setup an I interview, additional inquiries about training for the position and pay options while in training commuting and average reimbursement for travel I went through testing, screening, drug testing, Overall, much better than Convergys. I was hired and given my start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in June 2015.

Interview

The call lasted 40 minutes. The recruiter sounds pleasant, very professional. She informed me about the pay, company, training schedule, incentives, etc. She probably is the nicest interviewer I have spoken to.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell her a time when i had successfully closed a sale despite the customer being mad.
      2. 2 things i can do on a control panel
      3. what do i do to provide good customer service

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, on a Wednesday. Got an email the next day. The following Tuesday I went in for what I thought would be an interview, but wasn't. I took a typing test and a map test. After I was done, I was set up to do an interview the next day. The next day I came in for my interview. It was very laid back and casual. It was more of a conversation, than an interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous jobs relate to this one?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions regarding general supervision over employee's in a high stress call center, as well as team changes every 3 months. You also get interviewed by a panel if applying for a position internally. If applying externally, you will go through 3 interviews all together. One with a recruiter from the corporate office, one with the Recruiting Manager, and lastly, one with a panel of upper management, who ultimately make the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have been coaching an employee for several weeks now, and they are still not improving with your current plan, and explain what you would do differently.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you have been in a highly stressful environment and unsure if you can complete your assigned tasks on time.   1 Answer
    • Explain a time that you had to make a judgement call that was not written in policy, and you had to make it immediately   1 Answer
    • Tell me an example of when you would have to tell an agent no, without any consideration.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

The response was very quick and I received a phone interview the following week. The lady who called me was very polite and asked simple questions. She asked me about my work experience and why I feel that it would be a great fit for me.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Orem, UT).

Interview

Apply online then come in for a face-to-face interview, usually with 2 people. They interview is not difficult or long but they like to think they are selective ... they are not. Basically as long as you have a heart beat, can speak in complete sentences and are not stoned at the time of the interview they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation phase, you either accept their offer or you don't

ACE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Very short and simple. Theres loads of information they don't tell you about actual job like attendance and mandatory overtime and tricky compensation. The recruiter makes it seem like a breeze and when you actually get into the job, you find out the reality of commission at end of month long training. By that time its too late to back out. Typical day scenario- Customer calls in to lower bill, they have all movie channels on their lineup but can't afford them. You look for discounts for them but none are avail.It comes down to them just not being able to afford them and not being home enough to use them anyways. The movie channels ALONE are 50 dollars. Overtime you remove a movie channel, its a dollar each. You take over a 100 calls a day and every other call is this way. There are 4 main movie channels: HBO STARZ SHOWTIME AND CINEMAX. Each call is 4 bucks out of YOUR commission because customer can't afford them and you need to remove them. DO THE MATH AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOB.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Convergys (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Went in to job fair which consisted of 2 test. 1 map test..study the states ..knw where nc is ,the southern states in the u.s. and now how to give directions on a map. 2 nd is typing test. Interview Monday

Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Mesa, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

They were fun and friendly. HR seemed very nice. We met for a group interview, sat in the lobby for a half an hour to an hour. HR finally came out, really friendly. We went back and took a skills test, I passed. For those of us who got passed that mini boss, we went on to an interview with HR. I told them about my previous experience after they asked me. They then presented the job offer, I took it because they seemed nice enough at first....

Interview Questions

• am i flexible to work various schedules.   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Typing test, short test on some general technology, then the interview.
    This was the worst interview I have ever done in my life! They asked the most ridiculous questions so that by the time I got to anything meaningful I could no longer think and my mind went blank. What made it difficult was the wording of the questions. It was like each question was missing the actual point of the question. I want a redo. I was so excited to get this interview. I prepared for it for hours. By the end of it I was disappointed and confused. How did an interview I should have landed on the spot go so wrong... It's not the fact that I didn't get the job I can handle that. But the fact that makes me feel like I was set up to fail was that anytime I wanted to talk about what clients have said to me in the past or