Convergys

2.3

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in October 2007.

The interview process was discouraging. The person who gave me the technical interview did not speak English as their first language, so communication was difficult to say the least. Doing some followup networking I found that they have a very low morale level and all of the people that I talked to that worked for Convergys or had a spouse or friend who worked there stated that they wanted to find a new job as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Had great difficulty understanding the person asking the interview questions over the phone.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Convergys in June 2009.

I showed up for the interview early and had prepared myself as well as I could. You can imagine my surprise when the members of the panel seemed disinterested in carry out a proper interview. They would ask a question and then visibly lose interest and not listen to the answer. In addition, I could tell that the interview panel was disinterested as they were working on email during the interview.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in December 2010.

first,its a panel interview,introducing themselves to tell more about themselves,2nd,online examination,written examination,language assestment over the phone and final interview which is personal,one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • i entered call center industry,so normally they asked me if i could create a scenario that has customer problem,solution to their problem,and asked me how did i handle the call.   View Answers (3)
    i signed a probasionary contract...take the offer because the salary is good

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in December 2010.

Miscommunication. i had applied for on job training and entry level position.
    She was expecting an expoerienced person and only one track mind.
    I saw employees not appropriately dressed , and was not decent enough with the pants hanging down.
    The enviornment was not condusive for enthusiastic new entrance.
    overall a very discouraging experience which left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a Conflicting situation very vaguely   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Convergys in April 2008.

Prepare well what ever you have mention in CV

Good pay master.Need to know salary ranges before you negotiate

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

Initial interview was done together with some written and actual hands on testing that includes phone simulation and comprehension capability, then the final interview.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Convergys in March 2010.

The interview was extensive. It involved numerous metings salary negotiation, and flexibility. The percerption of the company was rewarding, the office was clean and the people seem great. However the workculture was very alarming 2 days in to the position.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary by being fleible and making the recruiter make there offer first.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2010.

The entire process consisted of three stages:
    1. Written Test
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Interviews

The written test consisted of basic aptitude and OOP concepts along with some logical reasoning questions. They did quite a lot of filtering based on the written test. The shortlisted candidates were called for the Interviews on the next day. The technical interviews were very detailed with emphasis on c/c++/dbms/java depending on your strengths.. Your major project can also be discussed.

After that, the HR interview consisted of usual questions like long term goals/vision, interests, strenghths, weaknesses, motivations, areas of improvement, expectations from the company etc

Interview Questions
    • Questions tested RDBMS concepts in detail   View Answer

Technical Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2012.

The first step is to articulate the need for a hire. This should be done through the strategic planning process to ensure the new hire supports organizational objectives. This is done by writing an employee job description, which should be written to support departmental or organizational goals. The job description should accurately reflect specific job duties, responsibilities and performance expectations. Employee goals should be outlined with the job description so the new employee has a good understanding of what is expected of them and how it will affect their performance appraisal.
    Identify possible candidates

Despite the fact that there is high unemployment, finding the right person to fill a specific job can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. So what to do? There are many ways to find the right person.

Word of mouth – get the word out and ask around if anyone knows someone with the skill set you’re looking for.
        Social networking – use your social networking tools to help with this. LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are all good resources to help find job candidates.
        Craigslist – use advertising websites.
        Online recruitment sites such as Monster, Careerbuilder, Jobs.com, etc.
        Old fashioned newspaper ads – this is a dated way to find job candidates but there is a certain demographic that stills goes to the newspaper to look for jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Why would You want to work with Convergys   View Answer
    • Where Do you see your three years down the Line with CVG?   View Answer
    The negotiating a union contract is a stressful time, and it will drain us mentally and physically. Following these stages will help you to overcome the obstacle on your way and reduce the time dedicated to the process. Usually the negotiation process has four phases:

A) Pre-Negotiation

B) Conceptualization

C) Settling the Details

D) Follow-up

The first thing to determine is whether there is actually any reason to negotiate at all. Secondly, we need to be clear on the specifics we want to negotiate about. Then its time to establish some form of agenda before beginning our talks and identify the correct people who will be involved in the talks and their levels of responsibility and authority.

If possible, obtain as much information about these people and their company or organization. Intelligence gathering is crucial in obtaining a picture of the other side, so we can assess their needs, motivations, and goals with respect to our own.

Next, set the time, date and location where the process will be held. We can begin by building some kind of rapport, and set out the agenda, through a variety of means such as phone calls, faxes, e-mails, and even an informal personal get together beforehand.

Conceptualization
    Develop the foundation of the agreement by framing the issues, without becoming bogged down in the minuscule details. The building blocks need to be put together to understand the basic concept of the agreement we are seeking. We are attempting to formulate principles upon which we can both agree, such as who will provide financing or the licensing aspects, for example.

Define each other's goals and objectives through fact finding and by establishing some measure of compatibility. Consider creative options and discuss concessions to get an agreement. We advance proposals and counter-proposals, back and forth, until some manner of tentative agreement is reached.

The terms of the partnership are re-framed until they reach the level, where both parties are as satisfied, within the various parameters of what they bring to the table.

3. Settling the Details
    This phase sees the completion of the agreement. Here, we use our external specialists to complete the details of the venture, that we are about to mutually embark upon. Discuss the problems of implementing the partnership realistically, so that it is both, viable and workable. We also hammer out the details as they relate to production, scheduling, handling delays, task responsibility and authority. We will use our own technical and management people to streamline the process so it works smoothly, and meets our standards and requirements.

The final portion of this process is then left to our respective legal experts, to put our agreement into a written form of documentation, and to describe the contractual obligations to which both parties have agreed.

This is not the 'walk in the park' like it sounds. Settling the details correctly and meticulously is extremely important. Many negotiations have collapsed because the parties failed to devote the necessary time and work to address the details efficiently. Until these are properly ironed out, we can't celebrate our success.

Just because we've signed on the dotted line doesn't mean that it ends there. We cannot toss the contract into our files and forget about it. It seldom ends there as problems always arise. Any aspect of any contract may need to be re-negotiated, or the details altered to counter a broad variety of changing circumstances. Expensive and embittered legal battles can be skipped simply by keeping the lines of communication open with our counterparts. We should be experienced enough by now to understand, that nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Fresher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in December 2008.

it was a technical followed by HR