Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.3

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swords (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swords (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in May 2014.

Very simple process. They replied to my resume with an email setting an interview. The day after the interview they told me I was in. At first I had an English test and a skill test based on computer related questions, after these two tests I had the 1:1 interview.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Convergys in September 2011.

I would come in prepared for the interview. I would have copies of my resume, cover letter and proof that I have had 14 years at Convergys. I would keep the interview professional. I expect the the interviewer would want to ask me about my personal life. I would answer, but I would be brief. After I'm hired I will then gift full details about my life.

Interview Questions
    • What is your level of knowledge concerning a call center.   View Answer
    • Was there anything special that you handled while at Convergys?   View Answer
    The interview went over requirements that the job would en tale. Benefits were discussed. And the human resources people would go over all the papers and tests would be needed prior to my start date.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2015.

Job Fair, On-line testing, telephone interview and face to face interview, all staff are encountered were friendly, welcoming and informative. I filled out a two page application. I did a computer literacy test and a typing test. They asked for my resume and two employer references. They explained the salary, bonuses, the duties, their expectations, benefits, training very well so I that I didn't have too many questions. Also, asked if I was planning to return to school and when. How did I handle difficult customers in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any sales experience? Were you ever convicted of a criminal offence for which you have not been pardoned. Asked about transportation. They explained the salary, bonuses, the duties, their expectations, benefits, training very well so I that I didn't have any questions. Also, asked if I was planning to return to school and when.   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

The actual interview process was frustrating, and I was very unhappy with it. I understand one needs an up to date computer, of which mine is. But the date was not as current as they needed employees to have, even though each year the components within it are updated by my husband who does all our tech stuff. It successfully passed all the tests, except the age one. I really came away with the "ideology" that they were more interested in my computer than me.

Interview Questions
    • When could you upgrade your computer or do you have another one you can work from?   View Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

If your a current employee going for a promotion during your shift you will meet with the operations managers, another manager from the floor and of course someone from HR. They will take turns asking your a question in which you answer to the best of your abilities while they take notes. The questions are very generic, because that's what they are hoping to trick you into giving is generic answers. They want specific details. Which agents you have worked with, what behaviors you have coached, how you coached them and what they results were before and after. The better you answer these questions the more likely you will be to get the position or be a serious contender.

Most of the time its a lot of ladies in the room. They want to see your personality as well. This is someone they will all have to work closely with in the future and they want to make sure that you are going to fit in with there view of what a work place should be. Show your personality, but be conservative as they do not reward out there personalities no matter how talented.

Good Luck

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to use an example of an agent that I helped develop on the floor and how I coached. They also wanted to know the before and after results.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys.

It was long had to take two tests they were easy some questions had nothing to do with the job. The test was long you had to past with a 70. I had to do a mock call it was easy.

Interview Questions
    Pay was not negotiable because I had no experience.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2015.

I received an e-mail after I submitted my application online to come and attend a job fair. I went the the job fair on Tuesday and took a map assessment and typing test. I passed and an interview was scheduled for that Friday. Asked a few questions and listened to a call. I was hired on the spot and start the following Monday

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

You wait in the front until someone comes and grabs you to go with an HR Rep to be interviewed. I forgot the name of the lady handling me, but she made is very personable and it caused the interview to go by much quicker. She did however get interrupted a few times by other employees, and I thought that was just inappropriate, but she handled the situation well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Convergys?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience within the same type of environment?   Answer Question
    • How long would you consider staying with the company if offered an opportunity for employment   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

They gave me 2 Interviews about simple management processes. not a very hard interview but now I know why they have such a turnover rate when they hire people because they don't treat their employees with respect.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

After the application process, interview was scheduled within 3 days. Interview process was very quick. Interview was a one time multiple manager process. They interviewed and made a decision within a couple days. Didn't drag it out for weeks like other companies.