Convergys Interview Questions

2.3

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

I submitted an interview online and got a email the same day to call to schedule an assessment…i went to the site for an assessnebt. The assessment was nothing but a role play for a customer service rep. After the assessment I stayed and did an interview. It was all senaro based questions nothing hard. Friendly staff… really nice… It took maybe a hour and a half. I was sent home and told someone would call me, a few hours later they called and I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • senaro questions… what would I do in certain situations… like angry customers and etc…   Answer Question
    No negotiation but the pay is pretty nice.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within 3 days for an interview. Call lasted 10 minutes. Was asked about experience, discussed salary, went over job description and was asked if I was interested. Scheduled another interview the next day which lasted about 40 minutes. Tech questions were asked, situational questions were asked. At the end of the interview, I was told that they were definitely interested in hiring me and if I was willing to accept, which I did. I was then told to expect multiple emails and to complete the tasks right away. Everything went smoothly and the recruiter kept in constant contact with me and was very helpful. Got all of the tasks completed within two days and am waiting my start date.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle being told that you avoid conflict?   Answer Question
    None, salary is set.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

The process and professional experience exceeded my high expectations. All steps were clearly laid out, great communication. Most of the process is online and via email. Their process was more through that I expected for a CSR role, however, it made me understand that this is not just entry level, more of a career working from home.

Interview Questions
    • Managing through their hardware needs can be difficult for a non tech person   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I did a questionnaire then had the official in person interview. The questionnaire gave them questions to ask me like if i am a logical or intuitive person, give an example of when i had a conflict with another employee at a job and what did i do to resolve it.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in December 2014.

The actual interview process was frustrating, and I was very unhappy with it. I understand one needs an up to date computer, of which mine is. But the date was not as current as they needed employees to have, even though each year the components within it are updated by my husband who does all our tech stuff. It successfully passed all the tests, except the age one. I really came away with the "ideology" that they were more interested in my computer than me.

Interview Questions
    • When could you upgrade your computer or do you have another one you can work from?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Convergys.

Good experience, easy process no hard questions just be comforable and confident with yourself. Answer all questions with assurance. Dress appropriately and sound like you know what you are talking about. Be honest with what you can bring to the table and what you can't.

No negotiations

Welcome Call Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

The hiring process took a week. That included application and interview. Upon application review I was contacted and interview time and date were set. Upon arrival you're given a basic maps test then an interview is conducted. After successful completion you're taken to listen to calls with a representative. If interested you are asked to complete welcome package for background check and given info for drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • How important do you think sounding confident is for this position?   Answer Question
    There was none. I was told a starting pay of 10.75 and how I would be getting a pay increase of a dollar over a 121 day period.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

I applied online. Afterwards, Convergys contacted me with an email invite to take personality/IQ-like questionnaire followed by an email with link for equipment testing. Have a 17" monitor with Windows or don't apply. Afterwards, there was a short phone call describing the job program available, then a scheduled phone interview DURING which there was a typing test (all the same day as first phone call). Score at least 25 wpm for this. The job offer was extended at time of interview, then a flood of paperwork for the HireRight background check, required equipment, proof of identity, and drug testing was sent.

I was officially welcomed to the company and given further instructions RIGHT before the training date, as was everyone else. It was nerve wracking not having an answer until the last minute so I continued to apply other places and got another job during that time. Overall, this was one of the most supportive interview experiences ever. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Look at ALL of the Glassdoor questions posted from people and have answers for additional typical interview questions on hand.

Interview Questions
    • Name three things you can do in the Control Panel.   View Answer
    • What is the difference between a router and modem?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to troubleshoot.   View Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

I had accepted another definite job offer before Convergys got back to me.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

If your a current employee going for a promotion during your shift you will meet with the operations managers, another manager from the floor and of course someone from HR. They will take turns asking your a question in which you answer to the best of your abilities while they take notes. The questions are very generic, because that's what they are hoping to trick you into giving is generic answers. They want specific details. Which agents you have worked with, what behaviors you have coached, how you coached them and what they results were before and after. The better you answer these questions the more likely you will be to get the position or be a serious contender.

Most of the time its a lot of ladies in the room. They want to see your personality as well. This is someone they will all have to work closely with in the future and they want to make sure that you are going to fit in with there view of what a work place should be. Show your personality, but be conservative as they do not reward out there personalities no matter how talented.

Good Luck

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to use an example of an agent that I helped develop on the floor and how I coached. They also wanted to know the before and after results.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in November 2014.

I been interviewed at Convergys, Lake Mary during their hiring event. After filling application there I been interviewed by team leader. She just followed my application and asked the same questions as in application form. Also she put some notes next to my answer, but mostly rephrased my answer.
    Nothing dificilt, simple question about my background, education, knowledge, what I know about company. After this she described the work I was applying for.