Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.3

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Shore, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys (South Shore, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 Interviews. First 1 was Automated Voice Audition. Then spoke with someone who asked me my experience with the different job descriptions. Billing, Tech Support and Sales. Last same person called me back told me about Hours, Training Times and Dates, et and offered me the Position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had to deal with an Angry Customer and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Extremely detailed. Technical interviews should not be given over the phone but rather in person where the candidate and others can collaborate on the best practices and methods. The hiring manager was the one giving the questions and should of been open to further technical ways to improve the way methods or procedures are met. He was very closed minded with a lot of attitude.

Interview Questions

• Too many to cover, however, make sure you do your homework on protocols both on the layer 2-3. Lots of technical questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Once I filled out the application online and completed a brief test and internet check I was contacted a couple of days later. On the phone interview, I was asked a couple of questions; they also explained the details of the job that I would be doing. I then set up an interview at their office. Not long after I arrived to the interview I was escorted to a computer room and took a 1 minute typing test. After that I waited to speak with my interviewer and was asked various questions about customer service and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a professional experience when I had demonstrated excellent customer service by solving a problem for a customer?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

Interview

The recruiter called to do a phone interview since this was a work from home position. She gave a brief, and I do mean a very brief, description of the job I would be doing and gave incorrect information to me in regards to certain job metrics that were required to be met. After that quick interview of asking me if I could work from home, which is basically the only requirement to be hired, I was hired. The only tests they did prior to employment was a typing test and you had to perform 3 tests on your computer set up at home.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel like you can work from home every day with little to no contact   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Convergys Work From Home Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

Very pleasant and enthusiastic woman called to conduct a phone interview with me. She made me feel at ease so I answered the questions almost as if I was talking with a friend. It helped me that I was able to clarify the questions before I answered them so that I could focus on what she really wanted to know. She listened really well because she would acknowledged my response, then summarized her point of the question. It helps to refresh your memory with your past jobs and the ones that you excelled in, why you excelled. And think about how you want to come across about how you deal with management and coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Think of time you really excelled at a job. What is it that you think helped you excel or why did so well?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond if you were told by your manager to spend less time assisting your coworkers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in February 2015.

Interview

Completed pc test via link from email they sent as well as virtual job tryout and personality type test. Recruiter sent an email to set up a time for a phone interview. Recruiter called right on time as scheduled, was very pleasant. General questions asked about work experience and resume, as well as equipment I had. Asked if I had a modem/router etc. Recruiter indicated possible project coming up and would call back if had a position that met my skills. Did not receive call back or job offer as of today.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work there as an at home rep.   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple. Got called by a Hiring manager. We had a good laugh he asked me your general questions. I was hired on the spot. They sent me drug test paper work, background check, offer letter, required materials in order to do the job, pay schedule.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really unexpected. I guess the hardest question to answer was how I felt about dealing with angry customers.   1 Answer

Advanced Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview describing pay rate, hour expectations, possible benefits, and general probing questions to see where you might fit. It was about 5 minutes 1 on 1, 10 minute computer test on site, and1 hour online test before in person interview. They offer you a position and set up a shift schedule for the 6 week training program. Then give you a start date and employee package to be brought back on start date.

Interview Questions

• can you work any hours at all including all weekends, holidays, overnights, and overtime. All manditory to even be considered.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

You go in looking literally however you want. They'll ask you really basic questions and then you also listen to a sample call. They basically ask if you know how to use a phone and then they hire you. Seriously, they hire everyone. If you can't get hired here, you probably failed the drug test or you're a felon.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about any phone operating systems?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys (Pueblo, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, applied online (this took forever) then got an email the next day for ANOTHER assessment, then got a call for an inter view, this was simple. They asked basic questions and hired me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center before?   1 Answer