Convergys Interview Questions

2.3

Sales and Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in April 2014.

hiring process was fast, applied on a Tuesday got called for a pre screening which rep just asked about previous experience and me having a open schedule made a apt for face to face interview the following day. in the interview consist of two interview the intal one then one directly after with management ( if you pass the first interview along with typing test as well as knowledge about basic computer use test ) then offered position on spot .

Interview Questions
    no negotiation what so ever its either a yes or no

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

All Hiring is done online/over the phone! Such an easy position to get, they hire just about everybody. Apply through external sites or through their direct site; doesn't matter. You will complete an assessment and go through "virtual call center training" which although its a lengthy process its worth it. From there I was scheduled to complete a phone interview; super easy questions. They play a recorded phone call and you have to answer questions about it like "was the rep polite, did they do a good job" etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Mostly about past jobs; past experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; pay usually starts at $10 but it depends on where they put you. (what company they are contracted with)

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Phone interview and hired over the phone.

Account Manager - Incoming Calls Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

I only had one phone interview. It was extremely easy! There were several behavioral questions - both hypothetical and about my past experiences. The HR representative that spoke with me was really nice and made me feel like they really wanted me to work for them (not sure if that was genuine or if that was a tactic).

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict in the workplace, how you handled it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    It was an hourly position. I didn't negotiate salary.

WAH Customer Care/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2014.

The interview was conducted over the phone. The interviewer read directly from a script of questions in a mechanical voice (maybe it was the particular interviewer I had). The questions were about my experience in customer service, which can be considered any contact with the public while being employed by a company. You worked at WalMart and made a customer happy -- that was a positive customer service rep position experience! Based on criteria like that, it is no wonder that Convergys doesn't get the best of the best people working in customer service. Then, again, they way Convergys goes through customer care/service reps, the bar cannot be set too high, or they'd run out of people to fill the positions. Virtual warm bodies to fill those virtual work stations.

Interview Questions
    • First, none of the questions were difficult. They were all standard customer call center questions. The one question that was unexpected was, "what is your personal philosophy in handling people?" I must have answered it correctly, because the next day, I got an email offering me the job. If you say "yes," prepare for the paperwork barrage that will be need to be faxed back to Convergys. The other unexpected question comes from the I-9 Form documentation from the HR WAH contact. "Is this the only birth certificate you have?" Why? Do I get more money for multiple birth certificates?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Here is what we are offering. You want it? Sure, why not. It beats $7.25/hour at the local grocery store as a cashier.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in March 2014.

The questions were general interview questions, tell me about yourself, what qualities in your last job made your stand out, etc. Once you're selected for an interview, there's a short typing assessment and questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were targeted questions about what to do when the phone doesn't have internet or can't send messages. Those were the most difficult, but if you know your way around troubleshooting it shouldn't be a problem.   View Answer
    Don't bother negotiating without certification or a specialized degree.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at Convergys in March 2014.

This was my first "interview" with the company. There was no interview as such but rather just four assessments including basic computer skills, english, typing and memory test. The english test consisted of 20 multiple choice questions and computer skills about 40 questions. For testing memory they gave a passage to read and then question sheet with space to write answers.

Interview Questions
    • There was some additional paperwork to be completed after the assessments which included writing the steps to make a peanut butter jelly sandwich.   Answer Question

Advanced Android Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arnold, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arnold, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in March 2014.

I was interviewed for a Retention Specialist job initially , but got sick and had to move my start date back. The class I was originally supposed to be in was cancelled, so they offered me the other job "because they needed to fill the class."

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to be an Advanced Android Tech Support Specialist?   View Answer
    They DO NOT negotiate!!

OnStar Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Well I took two assessment tests. Once I passed them, I had an immediate interview. I met with a cheerful and relatable interviewer who seemed to like her job and was very nice and informative. First, she gave me a detailed description of the job I was applying for and some background for the company. Afterward she asked me some standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name one thing you didn't like about your former employer of job.   View Answer

Inbound Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

Interview process was seemless as was the hiring process. Was brought back in a group and let known what the job paid and when I was to start.

Interview Questions
    • Was not advised that the hours were not set. Three hour starting and ending window that I was not advised of prior to become employed. No set days off. There was no assigned desk you came in and found a desk and hoped not to have to move throughout the day.   Answer Question

They are not willing to work with the schedule even though they sent people home early on a daily basis due to over staffing. As a result they where left short staffed at the end of the day