Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Support Interview

Group interview, process was swift,, I was notified of a decision right on the spot. Interviewer poised difficult questions. No chance for negotiating. Standard pay rAte is across the board. The most difficult question was to describe handling a difficult customer service experience. I had a angry person to deal with.

None.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in August 2014.

Applied online. Received response 2-3 days later which included several online links, tests, assessments, etc. Invited for a phone interview but had to complete additional internet tests and personal assessments first. Completed additional tests and contacted the same day for an interview later that afternoon. The entire process from the submission of application to interview and offer took about 5 days and that includes a 2 day lag due to delaying online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to up sell or persuade a difficult customer to buy/purchase something.   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

It was mainly a few basic internet knowledge questions, and about if my equipment could passed the tests to run their software. I do not remember which questions she asked, sorry. I was time efficient, didn't take long or interfere with anything else i had to do that day. I had little running around over those few days and had to reschedule, so they were flexible and never denied my a job offer or chance to interview.

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

I took 2 tests online then was invited for an interview. After an interview with HR personnel, I met with a supervisor. He asked me several questions about customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were either about past job history or customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

I was already an employee and management is usually hired from within. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation about anything I wanted, as long as I was teaching something. Then there was a 15 min question/answer interview portion. There could be a couple of different ways the interview/presentation is done, as a one-on-one or with a panel of people, dependent on availability

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard to any other interview I have been in   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on the base pay I was making at the time of the offer. I do, however, know others that were not able to negotiate based on the same. The others were promoted several years after I was.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Questions
    • Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Senior Customer Experience Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

4 interviews, all pretty straight forward. All focused on experience and how I would leverage it in this environment. Everyone was professional and positive during the interviews themselves, and did a great job addressing questions and concerns that I had.

1 initial phone screen with recruiter, then one with the hiring manager. Both of them were professional, asked relevant questions and probed into my experience. After that, an onsite with a manager and a consultant, who provided a business case assessment to be completed within 3 days.

The assessment consisted of a set of business data in a workbook and a narrative regarding a hypothetical situation that business was facing. I was expected to analyze the data in the workbook provided, form some conclusions regarding the data, and generate solutions on how to improve the business. They asked me to send back the workbook with my work shown, and email the conclusions however I wanted. I did so and chose to summarize my conclusions in a PowerPoint deck, as that is what they provide their clients. I spent approximately 6 hours on the exercise, and felt that it adequately represented my technical and problem solving skills. Where I felt the exercise was lacking, was the fact that it had to be emailed back to them and not physically presented. Presentation skills are of utmost importance in client-facing roles, and I would have appreciated the opportunity to demonstrate mine.

Apparently my work on the case assessment was up to their standards as I was invited back for a fourth and supposedly final interview a few weeks later, where I met with 2 managers. There wasn't any acknowledgement or feedback provided from the case assessment, and only when I asked did they mention that it "looked good", and that I wouldn't have been invited back for that final interview if it didn't meet their standards. As a potential employee, it would have been great to have heard some objective feedback and criticism on my work. I left the interview with the message that I would hear back soon.

It took 6 weeks for me to hear back, with phone calls and emails unreturned. When I finally got into contact with the recruiter, I was told that they had made some strategic changes and wanted me to work over 1000 miles away. From a professional standpoint, I felt mislead. From a personal (and customer of their hiring process) perspective, this was disconcerting. To that offer, I said, "No, thank you."

Interview Questions
    • After 4 interviews and a business case assessment completed for a particular position in a specific location: Do you want to come work for us 1000+ miles away from where we interviewed you?   View Answer

For a consulting practice that specializes in Customer Experience, there was a lack of Customer Service. Low transparency, 6 weeks waiting for an offer, emails and phone calls not returned nor acknowledged, and in the end a bait and switch regarding the position. Add to this that I had to follow up numerous times in order to even get an answer on the status of my application.

Customer Sales & Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

Applied online and was called the next day by a hiring rep. who set up an appointment for testing a few days later. Showed up alongside a group of 10-15 people to do simple computer testing and scheduled an interview after for the same day. Was hired on the spot. Drug text was required within 48 hours of interview. Three other people I know got interviews on different dates and 2 were not hired but promised "call backs" that they never received and the other was also hired on the spot. Dress nice and look professional, make sure you really push any history of sales and customer service you've had in the past even if it is just food service because that is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions "tell me about yourself" "how did you overcome xx issue in a previous job"   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Smooth Interview and Hiring Process. Sadly the recruiter did not give all the information needed to understand everything about your position. Recruiter was professional, and did answer emails promptly, she did give a detail outline of basic information

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as the hourly was already set, and might I say very little for what you have to deal with on a daily basis

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

it was pretty simple doing a few computer assesments and phone interview. all in all the assessments where about two hours long and kinda a pain but once you get thru with the entire process the interview appointment wasnt that long a few standard questions.

there was none