Convergys Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Tier I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Once I built a job profile on the Convergys website and applied I received email instructions within 2 weeks to take a test online that had 3 parts. The 1st. part was multiple choice English questions to see your command of the English language. The 2nd part was questions about BASIC computer knowledge and the use of the internet browser, e.g. which of the three symbols in the upper right hand corner of the internet browser minimizes the window and the 3rd part was a typing test.

The whole test lasted close to an hour, once the test was completed it was UNCLEAR how I had done, but it was indicated that an adminstrator would contact me with the test results.

The next day, I received a teleph call from a HR associate to schedule a telephone interview later in the afternoon and also was given a date to come in and complete new hire paper work. I found this unusual because I had not even been given an opportunity to accept or any part of the job had been discussed.

I showed up as instructed, the complex was sprawling with very little signage or building numbers to guide me. Finally, ten other applicants and I were taken to a boardroom and asked to introduce ourselves and given sheets that explained this was a 24/7 operation and that following our 2 week training, our shift would begin between 10:30 and 12:30 P.M. lasting for 8-1/2 hours. We were told briefly about the position that it involved involving taking calls mostly from elderly account holders needing assistance.

The only indication that this was a CALL CENTER OPERATION based on production was when the HR Associate mentioned something about going to the PRODUCTION FLOOR after our 2 weeks of training.

We were then logged onto workstations where we received emailed links to complete various forms provide information to begin background check (IF YOU HAVE LIVED AT MULTIPLE ADDRESSES COME PREPARED TO PROVIDE PREVIOUS ADDRESSES)

It became clearer what this job entailed when I happen to log onto my Convergys job profile that indicated that this was a Customer Service and Problem Res 1 position with a laundry list of responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things that you do at the same time with your computer. How do you close a sale? How do you handle an irate customer   Answer Question

First off, I didnt appreciate how the position that I applied for suddenly was unvavailable and without any notification, I was assigned another position. The other thing that changed my mind was reading all the similiarly written NEGATIVE COMMENTS on the Glassdoor website. I wish I had discovered the Glassdoor website sooner.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Cedar City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

They first call your phone and talk to you for about 15-20 minutes, go in and take a 3 part assessment questioning your computer skills, words per minute and telemarketing skills, when you are done, Convergy's will determine whether or not you passed the assessment and that determines if you get the interview. The interview is usually scheduled for the next day. Right before your scheduled interview, the Convergy's employee at the recruiting office will have you listen to a sample phone call to see if you are still interested in the job, sample phone call lasts approximately 10-15 minutes, (it is best to listen to the details of the sample call, because the interviewer is highly likely going to ask you questions about what was discussed within the call). You then sign a release form and hand it to the employee at the recruiting office and wait for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Any questions regarding the sample phone call.   1 Answer
    • In your opinion, what is the most important piece of technology and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Think out your answer before you speak, it'll make you seem confident. I got the job offer at the end of my interview.

Customer Service Support Interview

Interview

Group interview, process was swift,, I was notified of a decision right on the spot. Interviewer poised difficult questions. No chance for negotiating. Standard pay rAte is across the board. The most difficult question was to describe handling a difficult customer service experience. I had a angry person to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person are you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received response 2-3 days later which included several online links, tests, assessments, etc. Invited for a phone interview but had to complete additional internet tests and personal assessments first. Completed additional tests and contacted the same day for an interview later that afternoon. The entire process from the submission of application to interview and offer took about 5 days and that includes a 2 day lag due to delaying online tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to up sell or persuade a difficult customer to buy/purchase something.   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

Interview

It was mainly a few basic internet knowledge questions, and about if my equipment could passed the tests to run their software. I do not remember which questions she asked, sorry. I was time efficient, didn't take long or interfere with anything else i had to do that day. I had little running around over those few days and had to reschedule, so they were flexible and never denied my a job offer or chance to interview.

Interview

I took 2 tests online then was invited for an interview. After an interview with HR personnel, I met with a supervisor. He asked me several questions about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Questions were either about past job history or customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I was already an employee and management is usually hired from within. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation about anything I wanted, as long as I was teaching something. Then there was a 15 min question/answer interview portion. There could be a couple of different ways the interview/presentation is done, as a one-on-one or with a panel of people, dependent on availability

Interview Questions

• The questions were very standard to any other interview I have been in   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary based on the base pay I was making at the time of the offer. I do, however, know others that were not able to negotiate based on the same. The others were promoted several years after I was.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys (Laredo, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Questions

• Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Senior Customer Experience Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

Interview

4 interviews, all pretty straight forward. All focused on experience and how I would leverage it in this environment. Everyone was professional and positive during the interviews themselves, and did a great job addressing questions and concerns that I had.

1 initial phone screen with recruiter, then one with the hiring manager. Both of them were professional, asked relevant questions and probed into my experience. After that, an onsite with a manager and a consultant, who provided a business case assessment to be completed within 3 days.

The assessment consisted of a set of business data in a workbook and a narrative regarding a hypothetical situation that business was facing. I was expected to analyze the data in the workbook provided, form some conclusions regarding the data, and generate solutions on how to improve the business. They asked me to send back the workbook with my work shown, and email the conclusions however I wanted. I did so and chose to summarize my conclusions in a PowerPoint deck, as that is what they provide their clients. I spent approximately 6 hours on the exercise, and felt that it adequately represented my technical and problem solving skills. Where I felt the exercise was lacking, was the fact that it had to be emailed back to them and not physically presented. Presentation skills are of utmost importance in client-facing roles, and I would have appreciated the opportunity to demonstrate mine.

Apparently my work on the case assessment was up to their standards as I was invited back for a fourth and supposedly final interview a few weeks later, where I met with 2 managers. There wasn't any acknowledgement or feedback provided from the case assessment, and only when I asked did they mention that it "looked good", and that I wouldn't have been invited back for that final interview if it didn't meet their standards. As a potential employee, it would have been great to have heard some objective feedback and criticism on my work. I left the interview with the message that I would hear back soon.

It took 6 weeks for me to hear back, with phone calls and emails unreturned. When I finally got into contact with the recruiter, I was told that they had made some strategic changes and wanted me to work over 1000 miles away. From a professional standpoint, I felt mislead. From a personal (and customer of their hiring process) perspective, this was disconcerting. To that offer, I said, "No, thank you."

Interview Questions

• After 4 interviews and a business case assessment completed for a particular position in a specific location: Do you want to come work for us 1000+ miles away from where we interviewed you?   1 Answer

For a consulting practice that specializes in Customer Experience, there was a lack of Customer Service. Low transparency, 6 weeks waiting for an offer, emails and phone calls not returned nor acknowledged, and in the end a bait and switch regarding the position. Add to this that I had to follow up numerous times in order to even get an answer on the status of my application.