Convergys

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lake Mary, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was already part of the company, so no background check needed. They asked me questions about how I would handle certain situations that are typical for a team leader. Also asked about extraordinary situations I may have been in and how I resolved it.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you have come across in managing a team and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Base offer.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Convergys in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via the Companies website after seeing a posting on Lindedin. I applied for several positions once on the companies website and was contacted by an associate HR 5 days later. I have interviewed people myself that have worked there previously due to most of them being laid off by the company. Most of these individuals I interviewed had been with the company for quite sometime (10-20+ years). So that was not a good sign but I applied anyway. I have also been stationed at a career fair next to there recruiters and got to learn a little about the company then. That recruiter had told me how they promote from within and the majority of there positions available to external canidates are entry level. However that wasn't the case with the position I interviewed for. The 1st question asked was the typical go over your resume with me question. After that it was what sort of salary do you need? At that point my answer was to high and I believe that she lost interest. This position pays in the upper $20's to low $30's. If that is all it pays it seems pretty entry level to me. I feel sorry for the 15 people that will report to this person they must get paid well below poverty level. I told the recruiter that I still may have some interest depending on promotion opportunities. She then asked why I felt I was a good fit for the position. After my answer she said well I think thats all I have for you do you have any questions for me. As always I had 8-10 questions lined up but after the 2nd of two questions she couldn't answer I said I will hold the remainder of my questions for our next interview if it comes down to that. Very frustrating!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Convergys

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was fine, although you would have to go to a different city to have the contract signing, the whole process is fast and reasonable.

Interview Question – What's your weakness and what's your action plan to improve.   Answer Question

Alabang (Philippines)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in November 2011.

Interview Details – - Was referred by another applicant
- Initial HR phone interview
- Operations Validation / Operations Manager's Interview
- Senior Operations Manager's Interview
- Job Offer

*The whole process was fairly easy and sort of lucky for me. I did not have to undergo any exams or long waits. I got endorsed for an interview with the hiring manager/s right away and it was pretty easy from there.

Interview Question – Since I was applying for a sales account, the Operations Managers asked me to sell them something. I found it pretty easy since I have alot of experience in sales, they were very impressed with my overall interview so they endorsed me for the Senior Operations Manager interview straight away - right then and there. I was interviewed by the Senior Operations Manager 5-10 minutes after my Operations Managers' interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not as high as I had asked for. I attempted to get a higher offer but the recruiter was firm and said that the offer was already final and that it was the highest they could go. I asked for time to think about the job offer, the recruiter allowed me some time to reconsider but did not change the offer. I came back after 2 days to sign the contract though since it is Convergys.

Team Leader Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in February 2012.

Interview Details – Great culture and amazing ppl. i am pleased with everything in this organization. friendly staff and the work isn't bad at all. i love love love love love love love love love love love love love love everyone and everything about convergys. nothing bad to say. keep up the good work.

Interview Question – what is the name of your favorite childhood pet?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was ask what changes do I need to do if hired in that position. How I will deal with co workers that very much close to me when it comes to making disciplinary actions. Will I be patient enough to do administrative work. They give me scenarios on diffulties in facing situations. How would I react in certain situations. They ask how is my mood or how I will discipline employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to someone who has been turn down from a position to which I applied for and accepted, knowing that they got more training than I am but lack seniority?   View Answers (4)
  • Having worked for a long time in a sales position how would you adjust and balance your work from admistrative and sales.   View Answers (2)

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in November 2008.

Interview Details – Lots of STAR questions.
Situation // Task // Action // Result.
Try to imagine yourself in a bunch situations and break them down, into those 4 categories. Divide your answer into 4 and be sure the interviewer knows when the situation ends, and the task begins.. when the task ends and the action begins... so forth.

Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict.

Tell us about a time when you coached for performance ... and how you followed up to ensure results.

Tell us about a time when you had to coach different people toward the same goal, but used different methods for each.

Tell us about a time when you were faced with multiple tasks at the same time and how you handled it.

Tell us about a time when you didnt agree with a task that your boss instructed you to do and how did you handle it.

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any.. They made an offer which wasnt negotiable, and either you accept or deny it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Convergys employees and interview candidates.