Convergys

www.convergys.com
Employer Engaged

Convergys Technical Support Officer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in June 2013.

I went to a job consultancy to gave the interview. The Company's HR was very friendly and they guided and cooperated during the interview. However, the interview was not very tough. The HR wants to test basic communication skills and fluency in English. I must say convergys provide good career platform for freshers who wants to start their career in international bpo.

Interview Questions
  • It was not a difficult interview, The HR test your communication skills .No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question
The salary is based on qualification and total experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Technical Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

First round was a interview taken along with a group of 15 members, where they asked to introduced our-selves and asked few questions where they check the thought process and flow of speech as it is a voice process.

Interview Questions
    If you can prove your communication skills and few technical skills there is chance of grabbing the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in March 2012.

The first step is to articulate the need for a hire. This should be done through the strategic planning process to ensure the new hire supports organizational objectives. This is done by writing an employee job description, which should be written to support departmental or organizational goals. The job description should accurately reflect specific job duties, responsibilities and performance expectations. Employee goals should be outlined with the job description so the new employee has a good understanding of what is expected of them and how it will affect their performance appraisal.
    Identify possible candidates

Despite the fact that there is high unemployment, finding the right person to fill a specific job can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. So what to do? There are many ways to find the right person.

Word of mouth – get the word out and ask around if anyone knows someone with the skill set you’re looking for.
        Social networking – use your social networking tools to help with this. LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are all good resources to help find job candidates.
        Craigslist – use advertising websites.
        Online recruitment sites such as Monster, Careerbuilder, Jobs.com, etc.
        Old fashioned newspaper ads – this is a dated way to find job candidates but there is a certain demographic that stills goes to the newspaper to look for jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Why would You want to work with Convergys   View Answer
    • Where Do you see your three years down the Line with CVG?   View Answer
    The negotiating a union contract is a stressful time, and it will drain us mentally and physically. Following these stages will help you to overcome the obstacle on your way and reduce the time dedicated to the process. Usually the negotiation process has four phases:

A) Pre-Negotiation

B) Conceptualization

C) Settling the Details

D) Follow-up

The first thing to determine is whether there is actually any reason to negotiate at all. Secondly, we need to be clear on the specifics we want to negotiate about. Then its time to establish some form of agenda before beginning our talks and identify the correct people who will be involved in the talks and their levels of responsibility and authority.

If possible, obtain as much information about these people and their company or organization. Intelligence gathering is crucial in obtaining a picture of the other side, so we can assess their needs, motivations, and goals with respect to our own.

Next, set the time, date and location where the process will be held. We can begin by building some kind of rapport, and set out the agenda, through a variety of means such as phone calls, faxes, e-mails, and even an informal personal get together beforehand.

Conceptualization
    Develop the foundation of the agreement by framing the issues, without becoming bogged down in the minuscule details. The building blocks need to be put together to understand the basic concept of the agreement we are seeking. We are attempting to formulate principles upon which we can both agree, such as who will provide financing or the licensing aspects, for example.

Define each other's goals and objectives through fact finding and by establishing some measure of compatibility. Consider creative options and discuss concessions to get an agreement. We advance proposals and counter-proposals, back and forth, until some manner of tentative agreement is reached.

The terms of the partnership are re-framed until they reach the level, where both parties are as satisfied, within the various parameters of what they bring to the table.

3. Settling the Details
    This phase sees the completion of the agreement. Here, we use our external specialists to complete the details of the venture, that we are about to mutually embark upon. Discuss the problems of implementing the partnership realistically, so that it is both, viable and workable. We also hammer out the details as they relate to production, scheduling, handling delays, task responsibility and authority. We will use our own technical and management people to streamline the process so it works smoothly, and meets our standards and requirements.

The final portion of this process is then left to our respective legal experts, to put our agreement into a written form of documentation, and to describe the contractual obligations to which both parties have agreed.

This is not the 'walk in the park' like it sounds. Settling the details correctly and meticulously is extremely important. Many negotiations have collapsed because the parties failed to devote the necessary time and work to address the details efficiently. Until these are properly ironed out, we can't celebrate our success.

Just because we've signed on the dotted line doesn't mean that it ends there. We cannot toss the contract into our files and forget about it. It seldom ends there as problems always arise. Any aspect of any contract may need to be re-negotiated, or the details altered to counter a broad variety of changing circumstances. Expensive and embittered legal battles can be skipped simply by keeping the lines of communication open with our counterparts. We should be experienced enough by now to understand, that nothing is ever as simple as it seems.