Convergys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Agent I Interview

Sales Agent I
Clarksville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

Interview Details – They have you answer some basic questions to make sure you not a crazy person, then they have you take a timed typing test to see your speed and accuracy. After that you got into a back office where the recruiter asks a few more questions and then most likely you are hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I had to sell her one of her pens   View Answer

Clarksville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in January 2013.

Interview Details – In depth process with facilitation observations

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2013.

Interview Details – I went into HR and sat for a few minutes while waiting for the next available interviewer. Looking around, I noticed the different "rooms" were actually "cubed" off, so they had the movable walls in place to give each representative a cubicle to work in so it wouldn't disturb anyone else. She pulled me into her cubicle and began asking about my work history and availability. She proceeded to tell me about the position, what I would be doing, the base pay, and the shifts available. Afterwards, I had to fill out forms answering questions such as criminal history, places I've lived at in the past 10 years, amongst other things. Afterwards, I was told to go to security (on the opposite side of the building) to get my security badge made. I went over to the security spot and was informed how I would be getting into work and everything else like that for my first day, as well as where to pick up my security badge on my first day.

Interview Question – Which shift would I be available to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The woman I spoke with told me the hourly wage and the expected shift times for the position I applied for. The only negotiation on this was for second or first shift position. Naturally, I went for first shift.

Clarksville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – Plan on a phone interview as well as a face to face. Hiring is generally locked in at the phone interview. Usual 20 questions from hell that every other company uses. If you are familiar with them, no problems. What was the best...? The worst...? What are your weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time when....

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your received negative feedback from a supervisor.   View Answer

Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – Filled out application..got the job the same day

Interview Question – How to you make sure that you provide customers with the best service possible   Answer Question

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process starts by applying online and completing several tests including typing tests and math tests. A human resources adviser will call to arrange an interview. If you have received this call, you've passed your tests and are pretty much hired. Once you get there, they'll ask about 5 personality questions and start discussing dates for training classes.

Interview Question – Are you ok with a flexible schedule that can change at any time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Base pay is always the same, you earn bonuses for extra pay.

Clarksville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Convergys.

Interview Details – 1st interview - Over the Phone. 2nd Interview - In person with a skills demonstration, a presentation based on a topic assigned a few days earlier, and questions from a hiring panel. Panel included Senior Manager, Operations Manager, and a Trainer. There were approximately 15 questions with follow ups for some.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty much as expected but they always throw one in that is specific to the reason that they released the last person who was in that same position. Or is relevant to a current concern of the business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A base amount was stated, both over the phone with a corporate representative and via email. 24 hours were given to respond although that time could be extended. There is some room to negotiate based on current job performance and experience.

Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in May 2010.

Interview Details – Basically, you have a couple of options: You can go in person to the convergys and sit in a little corner with the testing computers and test to see if you can get in, OR you can go online and fill out an application and hope they contact you back. I felt very insecure when I walked in, like they were already assessing me, but lost interest right away. The questions on the test are logic based, some call center questions like how you would handle individuals on the phone, etc. They don't really give you much more information and send you on your way once you are done. The people in the office seem a bit stressed, unhappy about being there, and bored with their dull environments. It seems very cubicle-ish, and unhappy. That was just in HR though. My husband actually worked there when he got hired on the second time he applied, and they try to keep the turnover rate high on purpose. People were always stressed with the job and always wanted out of there asap. I also had three friends who worked there, and all of them also ran for the hills and all remained employed less than a year. The average time employed for most employees is actually only a couple of weeks, which is the training period.

Interview Question – The math part was hardest for me, but I would expect most people to have trouble with the questions asking how you would handle a call. Most of the answers look slightly similar, so just keep your eyes open and pick the best answer if you must work here.   Answer Question

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

Interview Details – If you have had customer service or job experience you will find the interview process easy. The usual questions were asked like describe a difficult call you previously had. I liked the fact that I never had to dress up to go to an interview; they chose me by phone voice only.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for this position. All reps get paid the same $10 per hour. Before I came, it used to be $9 and hour, and they raised it $1 for everyone new and old.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Chattanooga, TN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of an application obviously, but after that I was contacted by email describing how I fit their needs for the position. Afterwards I was asked to take a few assessments to see if I could actually do what was going to be asked of me on the job. There was a personality test which is easy to manipulate, following was a typing test to see how fast you could type which could be difficult to some but for most is pretty easy. The final assessment proved to be rather difficult. It was a math test, at first it was very simple math, then progressively advanced in difficulty. It proceeded with basic algebra but the final ten to fifteen questions were pattern problems, what number comes next kind of questions. Failure can easily be avoided by simple copy-paste into search engine tactics. The next day I was contacted via phone and I could easily tell after about a min or two I was called because they were offering me the job, even though it was vaguely masked as a 'phone interview' in which there is a possibility you might not succeed. I guess it is a possibility but all that was asked was, how have I handled (a certain situation like unhappy customer, or showing up to work late) previously. And that was it. The only negative was there was no face to face with a recruiter, and a big thing for me was not being able to see the day to day operations. At that time it wouldn't have changed my mind on taking the job because I needed the money, but if you currently have a job in which you are happy and just looking for a switch or have the resources to continue you job search without any negative financial impact, I would highly consider looking else where.

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation as far as pay goes, the only negotiation was start date. The great thing about working at a call center is there are tens if not close to a hundred people with the same job so if you start tomorrow or start in three weeks it won't matter ultimately to the company.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!