Convergys

2.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

it was a good and easy interview and a good hiring feeling as well, I am a very spunky person as is, so this was not a hard task for me at all.

Do you think this a place for you to work? And I simply answered yes!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Plan on a phone interview as well as a face to face. Hiring is generally locked in at the phone interview. Usual 20 questions from hell that every other company uses. If you are familiar with them, no problems. What was the best...? The worst...? What are your weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time when....

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your received negative feedback from a supervisor.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

Filled out application..got the job the same day

Interview Questions
    • How to you make sure that you provide customers with the best service possible   Answer Question

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in June 2013.

I went into HR and sat for a few minutes while waiting for the next available interviewer. Looking around, I noticed the different "rooms" were actually "cubed" off, so they had the movable walls in place to give each representative a cubicle to work in so it wouldn't disturb anyone else. She pulled me into her cubicle and began asking about my work history and availability. She proceeded to tell me about the position, what I would be doing, the base pay, and the shifts available. Afterwards, I had to fill out forms answering questions such as criminal history, places I've lived at in the past 10 years, amongst other things. Afterwards, I was told to go to security (on the opposite side of the building) to get my security badge made. I went over to the security spot and was informed how I would be getting into work and everything else like that for my first day, as well as where to pick up my security badge on my first day.

Interview Questions
    • Which shift would I be available to work.   View Answer
    The woman I spoke with told me the hourly wage and the expected shift times for the position I applied for. The only negotiation on this was for second or first shift position. Naturally, I went for first shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

1st interview - Over the Phone. 2nd Interview - In person with a skills demonstration, a presentation based on a topic assigned a few days earlier, and questions from a hiring panel. Panel included Senior Manager, Operations Manager, and a Trainer. There were approximately 15 questions with follow ups for some.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty much as expected but they always throw one in that is specific to the reason that they released the last person who was in that same position. Or is relevant to a current concern of the business.   Answer Question
    A base amount was stated, both over the phone with a corporate representative and via email. 24 hours were given to respond although that time could be extended. There is some room to negotiate based on current job performance and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in January 2013.

In depth process with facilitation observations

Sales Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

They have you answer some basic questions to make sure you not a crazy person, then they have you take a timed typing test to see your speed and accuracy. After that you got into a back office where the recruiter asks a few more questions and then most likely you are hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in May 2012.

The process starts by applying online and completing several tests including typing tests and math tests. A human resources adviser will call to arrange an interview. If you have received this call, you've passed your tests and are pretty much hired. Once you get there, they'll ask about 5 personality questions and start discussing dates for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with a flexible schedule that can change at any time?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Base pay is always the same, you earn bonuses for extra pay.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys in October 2011.

My husband worked here to get us through a tight spot, and now it is my turn. They asked very easy questions, like, "name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and what were the results?"
    I went to HR and filled out the application and did a simple typing and math skills test. I passed both, and the clerk said that a recruiter would call me within one or two days. She called to set up a phone interview the next day. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, and she offered me the job.

None whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Convergys in August 2011.

If you have had customer service or job experience you will find the interview process easy. The usual questions were asked like describe a difficult call you previously had. I liked the fact that I never had to dress up to go to an interview; they chose me by phone voice only.

There was no negotiation for this position. All reps get paid the same $10 per hour. Before I came, it used to be $9 and hour, and they raised it $1 for everyone new and old.