Convergys Tier I Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly easy. The recruiter, Shawn, was friendly, professional, and funny. He gave me all of his attention, a tour around the company, and asked several times if I would be comfortable working in a call center, and in cubicles with several agents all speaking at once to the customers and business owners.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest pet peeve in a call center??   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Convergys

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys.

Interview

My friend got hired here for the same position and gave me the recruiters card. I contacted the recruiter. He offered interview next day. I show up to interview and took tests on a computer for about 30 mins. Interview questions involved basic technical questions and scenarios. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Gave scenarios with problems people may have, asked how I would solve them, and asked basic interview questions like how you would deal with a difficult customer and asks questions about past experience. Pretty casual interview nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

I was contacted within a week of submitting my job application online. The interview process it self was fairly easy. It consisted of 3 miniature tests on basic computer knowledge, a simulator of calls and your typing speed.

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed. It is in a one on one environment. They have a typing test followed by a series of questions. The interview can take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours and they let you listen to a call before doing a role playing exercise. Once the interview is done you are told whether you are hired or not and they take the information they need on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is the role playing at the end, it is not hard questions nor is it related to the line of business necessarily, but it is very important to provide good customer services at that stage.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

The company does job fairs in which everyone is interviewed in a line style, with placement determined if you have computer experience or not. You are interviewed by call center staff most times, and not by someone in HR. Most will mention that they liked or disliked someone solely off of body language and words spoken (simple or complex)

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with computers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys (Hazelwood, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

You apply for the job online, if they are interested they will send you an email in return with some assesments to take. If you pass the assesments they will call you to schedule a phone interview. My interview was 100% over the phone and was offered the job on the spot and told to go to convergys building to file out my w4 forms and take a drug test

Interview Questions

• They don't ask anything that I don't think you would hear in any other interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

I excepted the offer it was a full time job paying more then i have ever had before and is full time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and skills test online i e typing and simple math

Interview Questions

• What consumer electronics do you own?   1 Answer
    • How did you react too an angry customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys (Erlanger, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

One on one, nice office, relaxed atmosphere, fun people, basics questions with no real surprises. Interviewer asked about previous customer service experiences looking for stories of desire to help customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

it was over the phone interview. They asked very basic technical question.

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Convergys (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2013.

Interview

The application process took 1 day with an initial interview and 2 interviews with a team lead and a manager. There are 2 sets of exam for communication and technical topics. Last part of the process is mock call, simulating a customer service interaction on how to resolve a customer's problem(depending on the account the you are offered).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was great. The HR personnels are approachable and very nice.