Convertro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014

4.0

Senior OPerations Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convertro in October 2013.

My background is a strange mix: mechanical engineering, signal processing, and data analysis and software.

I was contacted by a recruiter who pointed me to the job listing on Convertro's website. We had a few back and forth phone calls and then it was decided I should have a video chat with several people from Convertro. When the time came no one was there in the chat room! I sent a text to the recruiter who then called Convertro and had to remind them of this video chat session.

There was a single person on the other side of the video chat and it sort of looked like was talking to me from a utility closet. Right away he jump into asking me curiously-detailed questions about basic image analysis and signal processing.

Next he described a scenario where one might wish to detect some type of spike event on a timeline. The was obviously related to Convertro's focus area of cross-device attribution modeling. I asked for clarification on this question. I indicated that, while I had never before worked on this specific topic, I was somewhat familiar with the general concepts. His response to me was very vague.

During the next few minutes of discussion I could clearly observe my interviewer looking offscreen and listening to what someone else was saying. I could not see that other person, and from that moment onward I felt awkward and began to feel more anxious.

The interview ended and overall I felt I performed rather poorly. I never heard back from anyone at Convertro. But the recruiter did call me a month later, but it turns out my resume had simply gotten caught again in his screen. This final conversation was very short.

Interview Questions
    • I was described a scenario where one might wish to detect some type of spike event on a timeline.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convertro in April 2012.

This company wasted my time making me write essays and a critique of their UI, in addition to phone interviews. I was invited up to meet with the founder/CEO. After driving 90 minutes I spent 4 minutes in his office and then he kicked me out without even offering to reimburse me for parking. He asked me crazy physics questions that had absolutely zero relevance to the position I was applying for, then told me I had no technical ability or business acumen, and could see myself out. It was the most humiliating interview experience of my life.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a cord attached to the surface of the earth, then one meter up, it was attached to a cord the length of the circumference of the earth, and one meter above that, another cord, what would the circumference of that cord be?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raanana (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raanana (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convertro in October 2012.

The questions asked during the interview show that the company is looking for very strong candidates in Big Data field and already have people who meet this criteria.
    The people are great and the office is very nice!