Cook Children's Health Care System

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MEG Administrator Interview

MEG Administrator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in June 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with Phone Interviewer who gave brief background of the company and then proceeded to ask relatively simple questions about why I chose my particular degree, why I wanted to work at Cook Children's, and answered the small boatload of questions I had.

Was told that my resume would be forwarded to the department manager and that I should receive an interview, although my online application status stated that it had not been forwarded on from the recruiter.

After two weeks heard nothing, and was told that the manager would be getting back to me the following week. After another two weeks my application status was finally updated to reflect the fact that I had been passed over.

A few days later, the recruiter contacted me to inform me that the position had been temporarily inactivated.

Interview Question – How do you define patient care? (Not really hard, but unexpected coming from a purely non-clinical research background)   Answer Question

Anesthesia Manager Interview

Anesthesia Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in November 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview format of other nurse managers from Perioperative Services. I was flown day before interview. I was very impressed by the professionalism as well as the team-oriented leadership of Peri-operative Services. I interviewed with the Medical Director and was given a tour of the Medical Center. It was a great experience.

Interview Question – I did feel like being interviewed by a groups of over 10 managers sitting around the table reading questions from a script was unnerving. I can't think of any particular question that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Internship Interview

Graduate Nurse Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Interview Details – The process took a couple of months from the time I applied to the time I got an interview. Three people interviewed me with typical behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, etc.) They were nice, but also professional and direct. They first take you to a room where you wait with a few other nurses who are currently in the program and you can ask them questions about it. After the interview the current nurse residents gave me a tour and answered more of my questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in September 2012.

Interview Details – There is an immediate phone conversation for the recruiter to filter out who just does not meet any standards. The interviews themselves involve technical aspects but DEFINITELY need personality.

Interview Question – Can you provide a situation that you dealt with difficult people or managers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, I got a good/fair offer.

Communication Clerk Interview

Communication Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very personal and honest. Leadership and peers interview together, which is very nice. HR will try to low ball salary offer, but leadership will do what they can for you.

Director of Finance Interview

Director of Finance
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in June 2009.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. The HR department is not helpful, rather more of a roadblock.

Medical Technologist Interview

Medical Technologist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiters are really enthusiastic and seem to promote marketed culture

Interview Question – the want specific examples of accomplishments   Answer Question

LVN Interview

LVN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very quick, was given an overview of the job, spoke with the physicians for a couple of minutes each and that was it. I received a call later in the day offering me the position. That should have raised a flag, that they had not been able to fill the position or keep it filled.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just here is what we are offering. Take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions - 1) call with internal recruiter, 2)interview with Mgr then Director. Nothing new... same old questions

Negotiation Details – very llittle room to negotiate

Patient Care Specialist Interview

Patient Care Specialist
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview with department head, followed a few hours later by a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – simple

Worked for Cook Children's Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!