Cook Children's Health Care System

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.2

Graduate Nurse Residency Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

The website is very accurate. They are very timely and notify you of interviews very quickly. It was a panel interview with a nurse manager, a nurse educator and a current nurse resident. They had a list of questions that they said they asked everyone and jotted down notes. It was mostly behavioral and situational questions.

There was a case study and then an opportunity for me to ask questions. Afterward another nurse resident (not the one that was part of the interview) gave me a tour.

Everyone was professional and kind. They did not provide any HR information during the interview or job process.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study with several follow up questions. The patient got progressively worse and you had to say how you'd handle it.   Answer Question

MEG Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in June 2014.

Spoke with Phone Interviewer who gave brief background of the company and then proceeded to ask relatively simple questions about why I chose my particular degree, why I wanted to work at Cook Children's, and answered the small boatload of questions I had.

Was told that my resume would be forwarded to the department manager and that I should receive an interview, although my online application status stated that it had not been forwarded on from the recruiter.

After two weeks heard nothing, and was told that the manager would be getting back to me the following week. After another two weeks my application status was finally updated to reflect the fact that I had been passed over.

A few days later, the recruiter contacted me to inform me that the position had been temporarily inactivated.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define patient care? (Not really hard, but unexpected coming from a purely non-clinical research background)   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

The process took a couple of months from the time I applied to the time I got an interview. Three people interviewed me with typical behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, etc.) They were nice, but also professional and direct. They first take you to a room where you wait with a few other nurses who are currently in the program and you can ask them questions about it. After the interview the current nurse residents gave me a tour and answered more of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Typical interview questions - 1) call with internal recruiter, 2)interview with Mgr then Director. Nothing new... same old questions

very llittle room to negotiate

Anesthesia Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in November 2012.

Behavioral interview format of other nurse managers from Perioperative Services. I was flown day before interview. I was very impressed by the professionalism as well as the team-oriented leadership of Peri-operative Services. I interviewed with the Medical Director and was given a tour of the Medical Center. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • I did feel like being interviewed by a groups of over 10 managers sitting around the table reading questions from a script was unnerving. I can't think of any particular question that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in September 2012.

There is an immediate phone conversation for the recruiter to filter out who just does not meet any standards. The interviews themselves involve technical aspects but DEFINITELY need personality.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide a situation that you dealt with difficult people or managers?   View Answer
    I didnt negotiate, I got a good/fair offer.

LVN Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in May 2012.

The interview was very quick, was given an overview of the job, spoke with the physicians for a couple of minutes each and that was it. I received a call later in the day offering me the position. That should have raised a flag, that they had not been able to fill the position or keep it filled.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just here is what we are offering. Take it or leave it.

Communication Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in September 2010.

Interview process was very personal and honest. Leadership and peers interview together, which is very nice. HR will try to low ball salary offer, but leadership will do what they can for you.

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in March 2010.

Met with Clinical Engineering Staff and Technical (Non-medical) Support Staff

Medical Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in January 2010.

Recruiters are really enthusiastic and seem to promote marketed culture