Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cook County State's AttorneyMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.
Went in for a morning interview and interviewed with the ASA supervisor at 26th St. Formal interview, straight to the point. Be prepared to talk about why you are interested in criminal law and what you plan to do after law school. Typical interview questions, sharing something about yourself, strengths, etc.
- Why the State's Attorney's office? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
takes 6-8 months; several rounds of interviews with attorneys who do not want to be there; helps if you have a family member who works within the office
- questions are very generic and indicate the interviewers did not even look at your resume Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.
It was nice. The attorneys are very friendly and speak a lot about getting great experience. They make no qualms about how they work way too much and may not be paid enough but overall they were really great and enticing. It seemed like a great place to work and learn and I was very impressed by the attorneys.
- Why do you want to work at this office Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.
It was incredibly simple. I was clearly hired off of my resume and the phone call interview was to make sure I was real person and wanted the job enough to answer the interviewer's questions
- How did you pick this unit over the other options 1 Answer
I was not able to negotiate. There terms were final as an unpaid internship, but I was able to negotiate my hours throughout the summer as needed.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review