Cook Medical Inc

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Contacted, interviewed, then submitted application. Had a skype interview with the team and 2 managers. Was asked about resume, school, and project possibilities. Overall very laid back and low pressure interview. The questions were rather basic and do not test your knowledge very much, except that they ask about what you know about the company. Do your research!

Marketing-related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

There was an initial phone interview with a follow up with a marketing director. I had a meeting with marketing VPs that was very conversational. It did not feel like an interview. I was told by a director that Cook likes hire people based on chemistry and abilities. How well you may fit with a team is very important at Cook; it's about relationships.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very straight forward, but with a very conversational tone.   Answer Question
    Did not negotate

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Great communication. Emails and phone calls were prompt and to the point. They were flexible and understanding it could be hard to break away from a current job for phone calls. The position was in a different state and the timeframe to make it there by air made it an issue. Three days notice drastically altered the ticket price (of which they did not offer to pick up the tab). Bad taste in my mouth from that.

Interview Questions
    • If offered the position, what would you bring to the team that we currently don't have? While this seems like a softball, with out knowing the backgrounds of other clinical specialist, you just sound like a "me too". Maybe i over was over thinking it.   View Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

The first interview was held on campus. If you were chosen to continue, then you would travel to Bloomington and have interviews there. You will come across at least 4-5 interviewers throughout the day. The interview questions are fairly straightforward and ask about your resume. Some questions are leadership bases questions , such as "tell me a time when you took lead of a situation?"

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Phone screen and interview with manager and employee. Pretty straight forward. The only question that caught me off guard was the "sales book" question. Know as much as you can about the company, history and duties of position. Try and connect with someone within the company. Referral is key, although I didn't receive the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to write a book on sales success, what would chapter titles be   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Phone interview and then they flew me out for an all-day interview in Bloomington. After interview, they did not respond to my queries for 6 months until the rejection email came. The interview process itself was very pleasant and the day in Bloomington was a very enjoyable experience. I only wish that they were more proactive in responding to my questions weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • General experience questions and ask what you're expecting.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Standard questions

no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc in November 2013.

First, I attended the career fair and talked with an engineering representative. He asked for my resume then I received a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with the production engineering manager. After the phone interview, I received an on-site interview. The on-site process included 4 interviews, 3 of which had 2-4 engineers from each of the different subsets of production engineering, and the final one being with the manager again. Each interview lasted ~30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important part of manufacturing.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Choose Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

simple interview offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly simple and straight forward questions 'Explain a particular situation you went above and beyond your job title? How do you handle working with difficult co workers? etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting pay 8.90, benefits

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

open hiring. if you know someone , you will get a job easily. blood relations are all that matter.