Cook Medical Inc Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014
37 interviews

2.8

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Contacted, interviewed, then submitted application. Had a skype interview with the team and 2 managers. Was asked about resume, school, and project possibilities. Overall very laid back and low pressure interview. The questions were rather basic and do not test your knowledge very much, except that they ask about what you know about the company. Do your research!

Marketing-related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

There was an initial phone interview with a follow up with a marketing director. I had a meeting with marketing VPs that was very conversational. It did not feel like an interview. I was told by a director that Cook likes hire people based on chemistry and abilities. How well you may fit with a team is very important at Cook; it's about relationships.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very straight forward, but with a very conversational tone.   Answer Question
    Did not negotate

Sales Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc in February 2013.

Great People. The interview was laid back and they are just the nicest people over ther. I am very glad that I will be working there this summer. I did my interview on skype because I am from out of state.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Great communication. Emails and phone calls were prompt and to the point. They were flexible and understanding it could be hard to break away from a current job for phone calls. The position was in a different state and the timeframe to make it there by air made it an issue. Three days notice drastically altered the ticket price (of which they did not offer to pick up the tab). Bad taste in my mouth from that.

Interview Questions
    • If offered the position, what would you bring to the team that we currently don't have? While this seems like a softball, with out knowing the backgrounds of other clinical specialist, you just sound like a "me too". Maybe i over was over thinking it.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

interviewed at Cook Medical Inc in May 2012.

2 phone interviews, submission of resume through companies website and through college recruitment site, two on site interviews along with an on site lunch and tour. Submission of additional documentation to the human resources department.

Interview Questions
    • example of difficult customer situation, since I have never dealt directly with the end user I did not have an answer   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

The first interview was held on campus. If you were chosen to continue, then you would travel to Bloomington and have interviews there. You will come across at least 4-5 interviewers throughout the day. The interview questions are fairly straightforward and ask about your resume. Some questions are leadership bases questions , such as "tell me a time when you took lead of a situation?"

Regulatory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc in April 2010.

I submitted a resume and cover letter for the job to the Cook's website. Then I received a phone call from the company to schedule a 30-min phone interview with my future manager and HR. After the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I met about 5 people, including the managers at the department and a few future colleagues.

Not much to be able to negotiate.

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Phone screen and interview with manager and employee. Pretty straight forward. The only question that caught me off guard was the "sales book" question. Know as much as you can about the company, history and duties of position. Try and connect with someone within the company. Referral is key, although I didn't receive the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to write a book on sales success, what would chapter titles be   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Phone interview and then they flew me out for an all-day interview in Bloomington. After interview, they did not respond to my queries for 6 months until the rejection email came. The interview process itself was very pleasant and the day in Bloomington was a very enjoyable experience. I only wish that they were more proactive in responding to my questions weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • General experience questions and ask what you're expecting.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cook Medical Inc.

Standard questions

no negotiation

Worked for Cook Medical Inc? Contribute to the Community!