Cook Out General Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

1.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cook Out.

We were asked to sit down and fill out regular crew applications. Then the HR rep explained the companies history. After that we were given one-on-one interviews. At my one-on-one she asked me about my experience, why I'm looking for other employment, about the volume of store I was used to managing (that seemed very important). She also ask me for my best quality and worst. That sort of things. She was interested in my schooling as well as my thirst for advancement and loyalty to company. Then she told me to go online and fill out a background check and they would call me back for a second interview after that.
Instead of a second interview I got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why was breakfast a your current store poor preforming?   View Answer
There is little negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Cook Out

Anonymous Employee  in  Murray, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Murray, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cook Out in May 2014.

Walked into a conference room at a hotel. Given a presentation and then interviewed individually. During individual interview, I was asked to do a background check. After submitting background check, 2 days later I received a call with an offer. When I responded back to offer by leaving a message, another cook-out employee called me back and said we will notify you when we've made a management decision. They are clueless about what they are doing?

Interview Questions

Very disorganized. I asked about insurance for my family, recruiter didn't know. So I called their benefits department, $868 a month. Wow!!

General Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cook Out in February 2014.

Was contacted by phone after submitting a resume through a job board. Very prompt turnaround. Within a week of posting resume I had an interview. This is where I totally lost interest. Walked into a hotel conference room 15 minutes early, with the Cookout representativer and 2 other applicants already there. I stood in the doorway for a moment and was never acknowledged. I proceeded to chose a seat. Sat in dead silence for 18 minutes, save for Cookout guy busy on his tablet, then walking out of room on his phone. He still had not even looked my way or acknowledged I was even there, a simple "hello" or "welcome" any thing to at least let me know I was there would have been nice. At this point he walked around the room and handed the 6 of us an application,still in silence. Finally! He proved he wasn't incapable of speaking as he instructed us to "Fill these out". I, by this time had built a wall between us to rival China's. I don't think I heard much else he had today. Very cold an impersonal. I don't feel that this gentleman is a very good diplomat for the business. I declined the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • To the group after antiquated slide show "Any questions"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cook Out in May 2013.

Several of us were called, seemly at random, to interview for a Management position of which none of us had even applied (they saw resume online).
    Most were there were nicely dressed and waited at a hotel for the hiring person to show up.
    He arrived 15 minutes late and looked as if he parked his horse out in the back. We were subjected to a group interview then where details of the company were disclosed.
    After 30 minute unrehearsed presentation about the company we we interview for about five minutes each. I presented a very professional resume, followed by a thank you note only to see the job posted again a week later. I called it to there attention and the ad was pulled. I then contacted the EEOC since my qualification were well beyond advertised qualification and average age of managers for the company is under 35.

Interview Questions
    • None quickly looks over resume ask very few question and then ask if you have any. I had several but him seemed rushed so I asked a few and thanked him for his time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Cook Out in August 2009.

looked over resume..asked a few questions..come back thursday for foolow-up..hired

no neg..i told him what i wanted.. he came back with something close.. i accepted..actually was higher than most employees there

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cook Out in May 2012.

I applied online through a third party website. 5 days had passed and i hadnt heard anything from anyone so i decided to call and check on the status of my application. I was set up for an interview for the following week. The interview consisted of a group presentation(it was about 8 other candidates there also) that lasted for about 30 min. Then we were all called one by one to have an 1:1 interview by on of the HR reps(there were two of them and they were very nice and professional). They asked about my years experience in the field, they asked about my knowledge of Cook Out(if i had ever heard of them or eaten there before), they asked me what were my strengths and weaknesses and I believe that was it. The interview was pretty quick and to the point. I was told that they would call me for an second interview if they were interested(they never specified a time frame). I received a call about a week later for an second interview. I was offered a position.

Anonymous Employee  in  Gaffney, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cook Out in May 2012.

Mom and Pop operation and it showed. Two "interviews" 5 minutes each, two different HR Reps, both late for the appt with no apology, wearing jeans, loafers, no socks (not kidding!). After second "interview" was promised an offer within 7-10 days. 3 weeks later still no call. I called them after leaving 2 VM's requesting contact, was told that I would have received a call within a week if they were interested. Shoulda' know better; if HR doesn't have their stuff together, the company can't either. Amounted to a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cook Out in October 2011.

Company has no website info, called by a recruiter asked to interview at a nearby Starbucks the offer was good but they want your life in return, 52 hours minimum you will "manage fron the grill center" if you're really in need of employment and do not need a personal life and can cook a hamburger look into it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cook Out in October 2010.

its the worset interview i have ever seen in my past 20 years .....first of all the dm was late 20 minutes ..did not say sorry or any thing...we were 4 applicants ..we sat in this filthy filthy office, the dm even had the nerve to tell us how filthy his office is ?? then we sat for 40 minutes listtening to him talking about cookout...and at the end he tells us that we have 2 minutes per person ( 1on1)...really 2 minutes..

General Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cook Out.

Sent my resume to an ad on monster, called in for an interview, follow-up, then offered the job - typical interview process with no surprises. They make a whole bunch of promises with salary expectations and such, but have no ability to follow-up. They offered high 30's while in training with bonus and incentives. Don't be fooled.

Interview Questions

1. Pay which they say is 'good', comes out to be roughly $9.00/HR after taxes. Offered high 30's with additional bonuses (advertise 65k on website) and the bonuses are variable and split with nearly 5 other managers at one restaurant.

2. They hire you as a 'manager' but you are actually hired as a manager in training, and it could take upwards of a year to actually be a manager, co-manager, or assistant manager.

3. My first day there was 5 managers, including myself, all doing typical labor work (french fries, chicken, sandwiches, etc...) and I was to start making french fries and required to do a 12 hour shift first day. "managers" are nothing more than high paid laborers that have to work 75 hours a week - no payroll, no paperwork, no inventory, no P&L statements, etc...

4. The current manager actually talked to me about how many hours you need to work per week, and he said a typical week for him is 75 hours, and one of his shifts is saturday from 12pm-12am and then doubling back at 5am-5pm. Why would this ever be something anyone would want to do? Also, he said it took him 9 months AFTER finishing his training before he became a manager.

5. This would be good for people who can't do anything else and have no other options and no family life. There would be no work life balance because as a manager you would have to work 7-7, 9-9, 12-12, or even longer.

6. I am a christian, and they claim to be a christian company, but overwork their staff, underpay their staff, and make blatant lies about the job they are offering.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cook Out

Worked for Cook Out? Contribute to the Community!