Cook Out

Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cook Out

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cook Out in October 2014.

Standard process e- mail resume to HR followed by scheduling a meeting / interview there was the initial interview followed by a second in-depth interview questions range from how did you hear about us to why do you want to work for cook-out where do you see yourself in 3 years etc...

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cook Out.

We were asked to sit down and fill out regular crew applications. Then the HR rep explained the companies history. After that we were given one-on-one interviews. At my one-on-one she asked me about my experience, why I'm looking for other employment, about the volume of store I was used to managing (that seemed very important). She also ask me for my best quality and worst. That sort of things. She was interested in my schooling as well as my thirst for advancement and loyalty to company. Then she told me to go online and fill out a background check and they would call me back for a second interview after that.
    Instead of a second interview I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why was breakfast a your current store poor preforming?   View Answer
    There is little negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cook Out in May 2014.

Walked into a conference room at a hotel. Given a presentation and then interviewed individually. During individual interview, I was asked to do a background check. After submitting background check, 2 days later I received a call with an offer. When I responded back to offer by leaving a message, another cook-out employee called me back and said we will notify you when we've made a management decision. They are clueless about what they are doing?

Interview Questions

Very disorganized. I asked about insurance for my family, recruiter didn't know. So I called their benefits department, $868 a month. Wow!!

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cook Out in February 2014.

Was contacted by phone after submitting a resume through a job board. Very prompt turnaround. Within a week of posting resume I had an interview. This is where I totally lost interest. Walked into a hotel conference room 15 minutes early, with the Cookout representativer and 2 other applicants already there. I stood in the doorway for a moment and was never acknowledged. I proceeded to chose a seat. Sat in dead silence for 18 minutes, save for Cookout guy busy on his tablet, then walking out of room on his phone. He still had not even looked my way or acknowledged I was even there, a simple "hello" or "welcome" any thing to at least let me know I was there would have been nice. At this point he walked around the room and handed the 6 of us an application,still in silence. Finally! He proved he wasn't incapable of speaking as he instructed us to "Fill these out". I, by this time had built a wall between us to rival China's. I don't think I heard much else he had today. Very cold an impersonal. I don't feel that this gentleman is a very good diplomat for the business. I declined the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • To the group after antiquated slide show "Any questions"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cook Out in May 2013.

Several of us were called, seemly at random, to interview for a Management position of which none of us had even applied (they saw resume online).
    Most were there were nicely dressed and waited at a hotel for the hiring person to show up.
    He arrived 15 minutes late and looked as if he parked his horse out in the back. We were subjected to a group interview then where details of the company were disclosed.
    After 30 minute unrehearsed presentation about the company we we interview for about five minutes each. I presented a very professional resume, followed by a thank you note only to see the job posted again a week later. I called it to there attention and the ad was pulled. I then contacted the EEOC since my qualification were well beyond advertised qualification and average age of managers for the company is under 35.

Interview Questions
    • None quickly looks over resume ask very few question and then ask if you have any. I had several but him seemed rushed so I asked a few and thanked him for his time.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cook Out in November 2012.

One group interview followed by a second one on one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaffney, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaffney, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cook Out in May 2012.

Mom and Pop operation and it showed. Two "interviews" 5 minutes each, two different HR Reps, both late for the appt with no apology, wearing jeans, loafers, no socks (not kidding!). After second "interview" was promised an offer within 7-10 days. 3 weeks later still no call. I called them after leaving 2 VM's requesting contact, was told that I would have received a call within a week if they were interested. Shoulda' know better; if HR doesn't have their stuff together, the company can't either. Amounted to a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Out in May 2012.

I applied online through a third party website. 5 days had passed and i hadnt heard anything from anyone so i decided to call and check on the status of my application. I was set up for an interview for the following week. The interview consisted of a group presentation(it was about 8 other candidates there also) that lasted for about 30 min. Then we were all called one by one to have an 1:1 interview by on of the HR reps(there were two of them and they were very nice and professional). They asked about my years experience in the field, they asked about my knowledge of Cook Out(if i had ever heard of them or eaten there before), they asked me what were my strengths and weaknesses and I believe that was it. The interview was pretty quick and to the point. I was told that they would call me for an second interview if they were interested(they never specified a time frame). I received a call about a week later for an second interview. I was offered a position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cook Out in November 2011.

Myself and 5 others showed up on time the area manager did not!!! Had us sit in a room together put a slide show on did the presentation and was very cocky...Said I had the job just a few hurdles to jump. He said go get your background check done in downttown Raleigh and fax it over to me as soon as possible and we will get back to you in 3 or 4 days with an offer. The background check costs you 35 dollars..I have a clean history and am over qualified for position NEVER called back. Never doing my own BGC again out 35 bucks could have bought diapers for my kids instead of throwing it away

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind working till 6 in the morning 2 days a week   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cook Out in October 2011.

Company has no website info, called by a recruiter asked to interview at a nearby Starbucks the offer was good but they want your life in return, 52 hours minimum you will "manage fron the grill center" if you're really in need of employment and do not need a personal life and can cook a hamburger look into it.