Cook Pharmica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Scientist Interview

Assistant Scientist
Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cook Pharmica.

Interview Details – For distant applicants, process start with phone interview which may consist of up to 12 people on the phone with you at the same time. If they want to interview you further, they pay for your transportation and lodgings for an in person interview. In person interview lasted 4hours with short sessions with each manager from the hiring department and group sessions with the rest of the employees.

Interview Question – What turns you on about working in science and coming to work each day.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Manufacturing Associate
Bloomington, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cook Pharmica in August 2012.

Interview Details – basic interview, phone interview followed by in person interview with the hiring manager and HR. Simple questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Quality Control Chemistry Associate Interview

Quality Control Chemistry Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cook Pharmica.

Interview Details – The interviews are about an hour long. Usually there several people in the room and they are all manager from the QC group. There no chance to talk to the associates. Management doesn't know a lot about science so most of the questions are about compliance and GMP. It's not uncommon for people to have to leave for other meetings during the interview. It's also not uncommon for one or more people to be busy on their Iphones during the interview.

Interview Question – There really aren't any especially difficult questions asked. No STAR format questions. Just the basic "why are you leaving your current job" and 'where do you see yourself in X years".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't negotiate.

QC Chemist Interview

QC Chemist
Bloomington, IN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cook Pharmica in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview consists of situational questions to insure that you speak well and can handle yourself well. A week later I was called in for an on site interview with a single manager which lasted about 2 hr, including lunch. There was a very brief site tour as well. Ten days later I received an offer which was about 20% less than what Lilly and other pharma salaries pay. I asked for about 3% more but was denied - got the impression that negotiation is not done much here.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found a co-worker doing something unethical (like not following a SOP) etc etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't expect much from them - the best you can do is ask for a lump sum as they probably won't cave in on salary.

Technical Services, Assistant Scientist Interview

Technical Services, Assistant Scientist
Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cook Pharmica in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted immediately after applying online (with in 1 week). We set up a phone interview because I was coming from out of state. After one phone interview, with the HR rep they flew me out for a face to face (provided me with a place to stay, covered my meals). During the face to face I spent ~4 hours on site, and met ~ 8 people. I followed up a week later with HR, and then after that I didn't hear anything for about a month. They then contacted me and told me they were interested in me for a different position. After a second face to face interview (this time only meeting 3 new people), and another month I recieved an offer. After negotiating the offer (which they did negotiate, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped) I accepted the position.

Interview Question – There inquired about location specific terminology, instead of industry standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate however they did not come up as much as I would have liked. My original request was for 2K more than my final negotiated salary. They also offered me relocation. If you don' t need relocation consider asking for more salary, and stating "well there's 10K that you won't have to spend on relocation" or something to that fact.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Manufacturing Associate
Bloomington, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Cook Pharmica in May 2008.

Interview Details – It was a technical interview on the phone. They decided to bring me in for an interview. They said at the end that they were going to "see if they like me." After they said that I felt like saying I was definitely going to be taking a hard look at them as well. I guess they did not like me because they did not hire me. As a matter of fact they were not even professional enough to lie about why like most HR departments usually have the courtesy to do. I liked one guy that interviewed me. The rest of you know who you are and guess what. I do not like you either.

Interview Question – Do not remember. That was 2 years ago.   View Answer

Worked for Cook Pharmica? Contribute to the Community!