Cook Pharmica Interview Questions

2.5

Document Specialist Interview

Interview

I was recruited from within the company and did not have to answer any questions. I would receive requests from different departments to do some labor intensive task involving documents. Since I was efficient, I began to receive requests from several Managers and I never interviewed with any of them. My initial interview into Cook Pharmica was with a 4 person team. Each person asked me questions and I answered them in turn. I was then given an opportunity to ask my own questions. I received a phone call the same day with a time to report to work the following morning. I was pleased with the hiring team's efficiency.

Negotiation

There would be a bonus after an x amount of time.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

For distant applicants, process start with phone interview which may consist of up to 12 people on the phone with you at the same time. If they want to interview you further, they pay for your transportation and lodgings for an in person interview. In person interview lasted 4hours with short sessions with each manager from the hiring department and group sessions with the rest of the employees.

Interview Questions

• What turns you on about working in science and coming to work each day.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

Intern Open house - I strongly recommend you attend
    Interview set up via email about 3 months later
    Interview at Pharmica (no travel compensation)
    15-20 minute Interview with HR representative and Department Manager
    Offer 2 weeks later

Overall the process was easy. The interview was relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing I could negotiate was my finish date.

Quality Control Chemistry Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cook Pharmica.

Interview

The interviews are about an hour long. Usually there several people in the room and they are all manager from the QC group. There no chance to talk to the associates. Management doesn't know a lot about science so most of the questions are about compliance and GMP. It's not uncommon for people to have to leave for other meetings during the interview. It's also not uncommon for one or more people to be busy on their Iphones during the interview.

Interview Questions

• There really aren't any especially difficult questions asked. No STAR format questions. Just the basic "why are you leaving your current job" and 'where do you see yourself in X years".   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

basic interview, phone interview followed by in person interview with the hiring manager and HR. Simple questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Technical Services, Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted immediately after applying online (with in 1 week). We set up a phone interview because I was coming from out of state. After one phone interview, with the HR rep they flew me out for a face to face (provided me with a place to stay, covered my meals). During the face to face I spent ~4 hours on site, and met ~ 8 people. I followed up a week later with HR, and then after that I didn't hear anything for about a month. They then contacted me and told me they were interested in me for a different position. After a second face to face interview (this time only meeting 3 new people), and another month I recieved an offer. After negotiating the offer (which they did negotiate, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped) I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• There inquired about location specific terminology, instead of industry standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate however they did not come up as much as I would have liked. My original request was for 2K more than my final negotiated salary. They also offered me relocation. If you don' t need relocation consider asking for more salary, and stating "well there's 10K that you won't have to spend on relocation" or something to that fact.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview consists of situational questions to insure that you speak well and can handle yourself well. A week later I was called in for an on site interview with a single manager which lasted about 2 hr, including lunch. There was a very brief site tour as well. Ten days later I received an offer which was about 20% less than what Lilly and other pharma salaries pay. I asked for about 3% more but was denied - got the impression that negotiation is not done much here.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a co-worker doing something unethical (like not following a SOP) etc etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't expect much from them - the best you can do is ask for a lump sum as they probably won't cave in on salary.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cook Pharmica (Bloomington, IN) in May 2008.

Interview

It was a technical interview on the phone. They decided to bring me in for an interview. They said at the end that they were going to "see if they like me." After they said that I felt like saying I was definitely going to be taking a hard look at them as well. I guess they did not like me because they did not hire me. As a matter of fact they were not even professional enough to lie about why like most HR departments usually have the courtesy to do. I liked one guy that interviewed me. The rest of you know who you are and guess what. I do not like you either.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember. That was 2 years ago.   1 Answer