Cooley Godward Kronish

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish.

Interview Details – Got the interview through the summer OCI (on campus interviewing) process; process consists of a screening interview and then a callback interview. They were pretty quick with calling me back to tell me that I got a callback interview. My screening interviewer was a really nice guy, he definitely gave me a great impression of the firm. The interview was very conversational and there weren't any of those useless questions like, "what's your biggest weakness." The screening interview seemed to be more about making sure you were a normal person (you get lots of different types in law school lol). The callback interview was way more intensive and you definitely want to prep for that.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was to describe a legal project that you've completed before. It's a difficult question because your answer has to be well thought out, concise and show that you can describe a process in an intelligent and understandable manner.   Answer Question

Patent Technical Specialist Interview

Patent Technical Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two onsite interviews (probably because I are currently living quite close to their New York office)
First round with 6 people (2 associates, others are patent agents/technical advisors), all were very nice and friendly, no difficult questions
Second time with the two partners in the group, who were not so nice. They didn't prepare the interview at all. The first partner didn't have my CV and had no idea who I already talked to before; the second partner disappeared at the time when we were supposed to meet. It took about half an hour to find him...
They are looking for CS background (I'm in ME/Physics/Laser), but they didn't disclose this to me (nor did they put this in the job description) and interviewed me (dragged me to NYC twice) anyway. And they didn't want to cut me loose until one month after the interview...

Interview Question – 1, How did you live as a kid...?
2, What's your most recently technological reading?
  Answer Question

Case Assistant Interview

Case Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the paralegal manager that was set up by my recruitor. Then I had a phone interview with a partner of the practice group. Both of which lasted no more than 15 minutes. Then I came in for an in-person interview, round robin style with the practice team. They were 1:1 with 2 partners, 2 associates, and a paralegal specialist. Everyone was extremely friendly. People seemed happy to be there. Ultimately I was told there was an internal candidate therefore they were unable to extend an offer. All in all it was an excellent process!

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

Interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish

Interview Details – 3 hours, all I have to say

Interview Question – if you were a fruit what would you be?   Answer Question

PR Specialist Interview

PR Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call. three sit down interviews.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – A better choice came along

Attorney, 1st-Year Interview

Attorney, 1st-Year

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cooley Godward Kronish in September 2007.

Interview Details – Very fair and got to meet a lot of people you would be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Worked for Cooley Godward Kronish? Contribute to the Community!