Cooper Bussmann

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Sales Engineer Interview

District Sales Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Bussmann in December 2013.

Interview Details – This was a field position. First interview was face-to-face with hiring manager in the territory I would support. Second interview was a series of interviews at company headquarters with the 2nd level manager (VP), and 3 others, including representatives from Marketing and Customer Service.

Interview with hiring manager was good. He asked good, relevant questions and also did a good job explaining the opportunity.

Interviews at HQ went smoothly, too. HR rep was very accommodating, set me up in a conference room and the various interviewers stopped by at their appointed times and interviewed me.

A smooth process overall and all interviews were relevant to the job (no completely off-the-wall questions). Some of the questions were repetitive, as you might expect when you have 4 interviews back-to-back.

Interview Question – Two questions threw me a bit. One was to describe a goal that you set for yourself, how you went about achieving it, and the results. Another question was similar but asked about a work challenge where you identified a solution to a problem - describe the problem, how you went about fixing it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Global Commodity Manager
Ellisville, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cooper Bussmann in February 2011.

Interview Details – Standard Panel Interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavior based questions. Most "difficult" was to provide thoughts on how to solve a problem that I had never faced before (the intent of the question was to see how I worked through to a solution, not necessarily the solution itself)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation on salary and bonus

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cooper Bussmann in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at my university's career fair. Got called for an on-campus interview a few weeks later, and then an on-site interview in Ellisville, MO a few weeks after that. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Name three of your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Puducherry (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cooper Bussmann in June 2010.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity through a Recruitment Agency. My first round of interview was over the phone with the Head HR. Since my job profile and the team was a first time set up at Cooper Bussmann, the interview was easy and was more of Past Job Experience and sharing past experiences. After clearing the first round of Telephone Interview, I was then scheduled to another telephone round with the Manager in the USA. It was pretty much the same as I had with the Head HR. Once selected, I was then called for a Face-to-Face session and it was basically about my expectations from the company and salary negotiation. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Past job experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It went pretty smooth. The Offer made to me was good which did not require further negotiation.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Bussmann in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got my information entered into their system by submitting my resume at a career fair. Later I was contacted by our campus recruiting system for an interview. During the interview, I was basically asked the normal behavioral and situational questions you might expect. In addition, they asked me to explain the experiences I had added on my resume. A few weeks later I got an offer. The man who interviewed me seemed very candid and direct.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you failed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really consider negotiating, since the offer they gave me was very fair.

Worked for Cooper Bussmann? Contribute to the Community!