Cooper Industries

www.cooperindustries.com

Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.7

Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Buyer Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

I was a former employee

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries.

I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   View Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in May 2012.

About 3 weeks after my initial phone screen I got a call for an in person interview, which was scheduled for 3 hours with 5 different people:
    1) supply chain manager
    2) business director (tour) and HR rep (no show)
    3) MATERIALS MANAGER AND DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS

I got feedback quickly. They said I had too mutch strategic experience, which was clearly outlined on my resume. Either they wanted someone who would do exactly what materials wanted or they had to cancel the recquisition because they got bought by Eaton this week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your daily tactical purchasing duties   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2011.

I first heard about this job through our college job-portal. First round of interview was held in university. This interview was for 30 min. Interviewer asked me about the projects on my resume. After a week I got an e-mail asking me to set up an in-site interview. This interview was at Cooper Bussman division headquarters which is located in St.Louis, MO. I had four 30 min interview. One HR round and three technical rounds.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a boat and you threw the anchor into the river. The anchor settled on the lake floor. What happens to the level of water before and after the anchor is dropped ?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2011.

I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Negotiation in progress

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in October 2011.

The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.