Cooper Industries

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rotational Program Interview

Rotational Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Question – Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not an ideal fit

Buyer Planner Interview

Buyer Planner

I applied through other source and interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Question – does not apply   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a former employee

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
Highland, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Question – How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   View Answer

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Operations Leadership Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Question – Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2010.

Interview Details – 4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Design Engineer Intern
Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at Cooper Industries

Interview Details – One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Operations Leadership Program
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

Interview Details – If you are so fortunate to have the company recruit at your campus or have some inside contact in the company, the interview process is pretty straightforward. It is typically a 2-3 step interview process to whittle down the applicant pool to the most qualified candidates. Expect a quick reply after the interview process and expect to respond quickly (Approx 7 days and expect to receive your offer well ahead of the schedules of other companies).

Interview Question – The proverbial difficult question of course: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The terms are very rigid and I did not find much room for negotiation.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Senior Lab Technician
Peachtree City, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

Interview Details – When I was hired I went through an initial resume posting process with a head hunter. I was then invited to two different phone interviews and finally invited to PTC for an in-person interview with both the engineering manager and the Lab manager. My initial thoughts were that both of these individuals were very professional and nice. They spent time walking me around the facility, showing me where I would be working and telling me what I would be doing. I met several people who were engineers and found that the stress here was much lower than my current employer who at the time was about to lay me off do to downsizing efforts. I later received yet another phone call from the engineering manager who asked me what I thought it would take to get me to come to PTC. I told him that I would need at least 45K per year to do that and he asked me if I would go any lower. I told him that I couldn’t because of the cost of living and that this move would cause my wife to give up her position and that she was not likely to be able to regain her level of pay easily. I thought about this because I wasn’t sure if he was being cheap or just a good manager of company resources. After coming to work for Cooper and getting raise after raise even when others were not getting them I decided he was just being a good manager of resources.

Interview Question – What do you like least about your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a simple phone call

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Manufacturing Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview, then interview with senior directors at headquarters, i had an interview with the director of talent management, then director of sourcing then vp of operations manager.

Interview Question – none.. its so easy regular question asked   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cooper Industries

Worked for Cooper Industries? Contribute to the Community!