Cooper Industries

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

Graduate Rotation Program Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in September 2009.

It was an on-campus interview with an HR rep. Mostly just behavioral questions. Some questions about my resume. It only lasted about 20 minutes because of one interviewer not showing up. Topics included: leadership, likes, weaknesses, strengths, skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge that you've ever faced?   View Answer

ALP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2008.

It was my second round interview when I apply the leadership program upon my graduation. It is a rotational program among functions. The interview group was about 30 ppl, and we knew only less than 10 would get the offer. The interview was quite intensive while talking to 3 ppl in the whole morning. All of them are VP level but from different divisions, and most of them are behavior and case based. Always there is a resume read thru and threw questions like your weakness, why this company, your experience for leadership, team working, and your career goal.

Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

Firstly, telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based.
    Secondly, there were a set of online tests. Not too difficult, but sometimes time was not enough to answer the last few questions. Good advise would be to practice online before you do those.
    Lastly, there was an assessment center for 1 whole day. First half of the day had IQ test, Presentation, and emails task; second half of the day had 1 to 1 interview, group work and individual problem solving situation where it was a role play between me and one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to work in a team. What difficulties did you have, if any? How did you manage those?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent achievement that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2010.

4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

no negotiation

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Five people separately starting with HR and employee from applied department. Started with basic introductory questions and finished with 3 behavioral questions. They were very open about making sure you know there are behavior-based questions.
    Next with 2 managers from department. Same approach although it became more informal as time went on. Lastly, the director of the department. About 3 hours total. They had just been bought by Eaton Corp and none of them seemed very comfortable talking about it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you respond when management got angry regarding something you did?   View Answer

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries.

I applied through my campus recruiting website and also spoke with one of the recruiters at my university's career fair. A few weeks after applying, I was offered an on-campus interview where I was mainly asked behavioral questions that related to my leadership skills and work experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, just ones that you would expect in a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries.

The initial phone screening was done by HR. Afterwards, HR scheduled a phone interview with the respective department manager of engineering. The entire interview lasted 40 minutes. Everything was conversational. The interview started off with two behavioral questions and move to technical / process questions. No curve ball questions.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, technical design engineering questions about your experience with CAD tools and design processes. Walk through a successful design process and give your results.   Answer Question

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

When I was hired I went through an initial resume posting process with a head hunter. I was then invited to two different phone interviews and finally invited to PTC for an in-person interview with both the engineering manager and the Lab manager. My initial thoughts were that both of these individuals were very professional and nice. They spent time walking me around the facility, showing me where I would be working and telling me what I would be doing. I met several people who were engineers and found that the stress here was much lower than my current employer who at the time was about to lay me off do to downsizing efforts. I later received yet another phone call from the engineering manager who asked me what I thought it would take to get me to come to PTC. I told him that I would need at least 45K per year to do that and he asked me if I would go any lower. I told him that I couldn’t because of the cost of living and that this move would cause my wife to give up her position and that she was not likely to be able to regain her level of pay easily. I thought about this because I wasn’t sure if he was being cheap or just a good manager of company resources. After coming to work for Cooper and getting raise after raise even when others were not getting them I decided he was just being a good manager of resources.

a simple phone call

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in April 2009.

Had on campus interview with Cooper, later was asked for second interview. Me plus 40 or so other candidates interviewed down in Houston. The process was pretty formal. Dinner, tour, questions for a panel of employees. Interviews were 3 ten minute sessions with random employees. Overall the experience was good, just a lot of competition.

Leadership Program Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

The interview was very engaging. The questions were all behavioral based and the atmosphere was casual and nonthreatening. The main goal of the interview was to see how you handle leadership roles. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.