Cooper Industries Interview Questions

2.7

Buyer Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was a former employee

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Ebs Developer Interview

Interview

5 level interview. Good technological evaluation. HR questions are relevant and practical. Tech leads are knowledgeable and were more interested in the programmer mentality then specific technology / syntax related questions.

Interview Questions

• scenario based questions in both technological and HR interviews are good.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later. Very friendly. Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why? Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions. I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two managers and I was hired by one. I was walked through the facility to show the nature of the business and hired on the spot after answering a few manufacturing related questions. I was offered a very good salary and the Director of Manufacturing Engineering was an excellent person to work for. He was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Negotiation

I was offered a good enough salary that I did not need to negotiate. It exceeded my expectations and the former employer's salary by a long shot.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2009.

Interview

Applied internally for supervisor position. I was only asked a couple of pointless questions and then he didn't listen to the answers. I had 16 years experience in this department which did not even enter in to the interview. Department head only interviewed so it appeared applicants could be promoted from within. No applicant was promoted. A totally unqualified supervisor was hired from outside the company. Department head was very new also. Seemed like he wanted someone who was unfamiliar with our operation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle disagreements with your decisions?   1 Answer

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What is your most challenging class?   1 Answer
    • What is your most enjoyable class?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Cty, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Peachtree Cty, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

Informal. Talked with several people. Not sure what they wanted evern though I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest area to improve upon   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. Frank. Fair