Cooper Industries

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Buyer Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

I was a former employee

Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cooper Industries.

On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

not an ideal fit

Ebs Developer Interview

5 level interview. Good technological evaluation. HR questions are relevant and practical.
    Tech leads are knowledgeable and were more interested in the programmer mentality then specific technology / syntax related questions.

Interview Questions
    • scenario based questions in both technological and HR interviews are good.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2009.

Applied internally for supervisor position.
    I was only asked a couple of pointless questions and then he didn't listen to the answers.
    I had 16 years experience in this department which did not even enter in to the interview.
    Department head only interviewed so it appeared applicants could be promoted from within.
    No applicant was promoted.
    A totally unqualified supervisor was hired from outside the company.
    Department head was very new also. Seemed like he wanted someone who was unfamiliar with our operation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want the job?   View Answer
    • How would you handle disagreements with your decisions?   View Answer

Commercial Leadership Program Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

Hiring process consisted of the Regional Manager interviewing me and then meeting the Vice President of Sales for a brief interview. Was not very intense.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation involved. I tried but they would not move on salary or signing bonus.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2009.

phone interview, then interview with senior directors at headquarters, i had an interview with the director of talent management, then director of sourcing then vp of operations manager.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2010.

First interview is a basic 1:1 interview with someone from the closest plant facility near your school
    Second interview is a phone interview with 2-3 people from HQ

Few days later you get a call from HR making you an offer. An email is sent soon after stating your pay and relocation compensation.
    Once you accept they ask you your preferences on what locations you are interested in ranking your top 3.

A few weeks before you start, your manager gives you a call and discusses what possible projects you might work on.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you where faced with a technical problem? How did you handle it? What where the results?   Answer Question