Cooper Industries

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Human Resources Leadership Development Program

I applied online and interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – Applied online through corporate site. Within 2 weeks I was contacted for a phone screen via email and had the phone interview 2 days later.

Very friendly.

Basic questions: Why Cooper, tell me about an ethical dilemma, what interests you about the program, what do you want to do in HR. What was your favorite/least favorite class and why?

Pretty informal, lots of opportunity to ask questions.

I asked what the ideal candidate is like and the response was: Good with numbers, innovative, and analytical.

Interview Question – Why the manufacturing industry specifically?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at Cooper Industries

Interview Details – One on one interview. Hiring manager was not prepared well, and the questions were all over the place.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Buyer Planner Interview

Buyer Planner

I applied through other source and interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – Cooper purchased Wire-Pro - I was an employee of Wire-Pro so I was placed in another position

Interview Question – does not apply   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a former employee

Rotational Program Interview

Rotational Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cooper Industries.

Interview Details – On campus interview, then large panel interviews at headquarters

Interview Question – Recruiter asked for my favorite behavioral question and answer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not an ideal fit

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied internally for supervisor position.
I was only asked a couple of pointless questions and then he didn't listen to the answers.
I had 16 years experience in this department which did not even enter in to the interview.
Department head only interviewed so it appeared applicants could be promoted from within.
No applicant was promoted.
A totally unqualified supervisor was hired from outside the company.
Department head was very new also. Seemed like he wanted someone who was unfamiliar with our operation.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Leadership Program Intern Interview

Commercial Leadership Program Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cooper Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very short - about 15 to 20 minutes long. They asked me a series of questions about my interests and career goals to see if I was a good fit for the position. I couldn't tell if the interview was so short that I would not be offered the job, but I received a call within the week with an offer. The fact that the interview was for an internship (which serves as a long interview for their full time leadership programs) could be the reason for the shorter length.

Interview Question – Not many difficult or unexpected questions. Just be ready to talk about your interests and goals.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of the Regional Manager interviewing me and then meeting the Vice President of Sales for a brief interview. Was not very intense.

Interview Question – If I had the technical knowledge to do the work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation involved. I tried but they would not move on salary or signing bonus.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Manufacturing Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview, then interview with senior directors at headquarters, i had an interview with the director of talent management, then director of sourcing then vp of operations manager.

Interview Question – none.. its so easy regular question asked   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2010.

Interview Details – First interview is a basic 1:1 interview with someone from the closest plant facility near your school
Second interview is a phone interview with 2-3 people from HQ

Few days later you get a call from HR making you an offer. An email is sent soon after stating your pay and relocation compensation.
Once you accept they ask you your preferences on what locations you are interested in ranking your top 3.

A few weeks before you start, your manager gives you a call and discusses what possible projects you might work on.

Interview Question – Discuss a time when you where faced with a technical problem? How did you handle it? What where the results?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Peachtree Cty, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cooper Industries in September 2008.

Interview Details – Informal. Talked with several people. Not sure what they wanted evern though I got an offer.

Interview Question – What was your biggest area to improve upon   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. Frank. Fair

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cooper Industries

Worked for Cooper Industries? Contribute to the Community!