Cooper Industries

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2011.

I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Negotiation in progress

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in October 2011.

The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

If you are so fortunate to have the company recruit at your campus or have some inside contact in the company, the interview process is pretty straightforward. It is typically a 2-3 step interview process to whittle down the applicant pool to the most qualified candidates. Expect a quick reply after the interview process and expect to respond quickly (Approx 7 days and expect to receive your offer well ahead of the schedules of other companies).

Interview Questions
    • The proverbial difficult question of course: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question
    The terms are very rigid and I did not find much room for negotiation.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2010.

4 back to back interviews very thorough and drawn out

no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in April 2009.

Had on campus interview with Cooper, later was asked for second interview. Me plus 40 or so other candidates interviewed down in Houston. The process was pretty formal. Dinner, tour, questions for a panel of employees. Interviews were 3 ten minute sessions with random employees. Overall the experience was good, just a lot of competition.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2009.

phone interview, then interview with senior directors at headquarters, i had an interview with the director of talent management, then director of sourcing then vp of operations manager.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Cty, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Cty, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cooper Industries in September 2008.

Informal. Talked with several people. Not sure what they wanted evern though I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest area to improve upon   View Answer
    Straight forward. Frank. Fair

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

Hiring process consisted of the Regional Manager interviewing me and then meeting the Vice President of Sales for a brief interview. Was not very intense.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation involved. I tried but they would not move on salary or signing bonus.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

When I was hired I went through an initial resume posting process with a head hunter. I was then invited to two different phone interviews and finally invited to PTC for an in-person interview with both the engineering manager and the Lab manager. My initial thoughts were that both of these individuals were very professional and nice. They spent time walking me around the facility, showing me where I would be working and telling me what I would be doing. I met several people who were engineers and found that the stress here was much lower than my current employer who at the time was about to lay me off do to downsizing efforts. I later received yet another phone call from the engineering manager who asked me what I thought it would take to get me to come to PTC. I told him that I would need at least 45K per year to do that and he asked me if I would go any lower. I told him that I couldn’t because of the cost of living and that this move would cause my wife to give up her position and that she was not likely to be able to regain her level of pay easily. I thought about this because I wasn’t sure if he was being cheap or just a good manager of company resources. After coming to work for Cooper and getting raise after raise even when others were not getting them I decided he was just being a good manager of resources.

a simple phone call

ALP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cooper Industries in January 2008.

It was my second round interview when I apply the leadership program upon my graduation. It is a rotational program among functions. The interview group was about 30 ppl, and we knew only less than 10 would get the offer. The interview was quite intensive while talking to 3 ppl in the whole morning. All of them are VP level but from different divisions, and most of them are behavior and case based. Always there is a resume read thru and threw questions like your weakness, why this company, your experience for leadership, team working, and your career goal.