Cooper Industries

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cooper Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Question – Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in February 2011.

Interview Details – If you are so fortunate to have the company recruit at your campus or have some inside contact in the company, the interview process is pretty straightforward. It is typically a 2-3 step interview process to whittle down the applicant pool to the most qualified candidates. Expect a quick reply after the interview process and expect to respond quickly (Approx 7 days and expect to receive your offer well ahead of the schedules of other companies).

Interview Question – The proverbial difficult question of course: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The terms are very rigid and I did not find much room for negotiation.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cooper Industries in November 2011.

Interview Details – I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation in progress

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Industries in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cooper Industries

Worked for Cooper Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cooper Industries Operations Leadership Program interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cooper Industries employees and interview candidates.