Cooper Industries Operations Leadership Program Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Dropped my resume at the Business Career Fair. Interviewed the following week on campus. Interviewed a month later with a group of 50-60 people in Houston. You go through 4 separate 30 minute interviews that are one-on-one. They want someone who is passionate and determined. You have to show you will drive numbers and drive success in all projects and endeavors.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions were asked. Nothing extremely technical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I should have because I know I could have raised my base salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Cooper Industries

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. The next day I received an email with an invitation to the technology center in Houston, TX. Upon acceptance I was flown down to Houston, and had a group company tour with several other applicants the same day. The next day, we had interviews with three separate people (directors, vice presidents, managers). Within a week received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation in progress

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual. He told me about the program and mentioned that many OLP interns get offered full time positions. He briefly talked about the company and then asked some technical questions. For example, what is your favorite class, least favorite class, most challenging class...etc. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What is your most challenging class?   1 Answer
    • What is your most enjoyable class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Industries (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

If you are so fortunate to have the company recruit at your campus or have some inside contact in the company, the interview process is pretty straightforward. It is typically a 2-3 step interview process to whittle down the applicant pool to the most qualified candidates. Expect a quick reply after the interview process and expect to respond quickly (Approx 7 days and expect to receive your offer well ahead of the schedules of other companies).

Interview Questions

• The proverbial difficult question of course: "What is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The terms are very rigid and I did not find much room for negotiation.