Cooper Industries

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Peachtree City, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cooper Industries in June 2008.

Interview Details – When I was hired I went through an initial resume posting process with a head hunter. I was then invited to two different phone interviews and finally invited to PTC for an in-person interview with both the engineering manager and the Lab manager. My initial thoughts were that both of these individuals were very professional and nice. They spent time walking me around the facility, showing me where I would be working and telling me what I would be doing. I met several people who were engineers and found that the stress here was much lower than my current employer who at the time was about to lay me off do to downsizing efforts. I later received yet another phone call from the engineering manager who asked me what I thought it would take to get me to come to PTC. I told him that I would need at least 45K per year to do that and he asked me if I would go any lower. I told him that I couldn’t because of the cost of living and that this move would cause my wife to give up her position and that she was not likely to be able to regain her level of pay easily. I thought about this because I wasn’t sure if he was being cheap or just a good manager of company resources. After coming to work for Cooper and getting raise after raise even when others were not getting them I decided he was just being a good manager of resources.

Interview Question – What do you like least about your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a simple phone call

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cooper Industries

Worked for Cooper Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cooper Industries Senior Lab Technician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cooper Industries employees and interview candidates.