Cooper Power Systems Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Feedback was given very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty typical. Many behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2012.

good

Interview Questions

• what was the thing that you couldn't do very well?   1 Answer

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems (Plymouth, MN) in February 2009.

Interview

Typically 3 phone/personal interviews before a decision is made. Meet with HR and immediate supervisor. Meet with team. Meet with extended team members or higher management.

Interview Questions

• Not a fan of the "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a better salary than I was hoping for, so negotiations were very quick.

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Multi-panel interview process with many different people

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted one phone interview by the hiring manager. Questions revolved around account management and decision making processes. After this a full day interview was scheduled at the headquaters. This interview process consisted of 6 one hour interviews by various managers including business unit directors, HR manager, and the sales vp. Questions varied but mainly standard questions (i.e. Name a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?). Some questions focused on how you would handle specific customer objections. The people were very friendly. They seemed to have a very "engineer type" culture. Very detailed and meticulous. Sometimes this came off as a little arrogant but seemed to stem from a excessive pride in the product and company. The office itself was uninviting (cube farm) and typical of a manufacturing company.

Interview Questions

• How can you improve the company position within the territory?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems in December 2010.

Interview

The candidates were given accommodation at a hotel and the next day the interview started early morning. There were few presentations by previous EDP's and then a series of interviews which were both technical and HR.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems in April 2009.

Interview

Was referred by employee. Was a 1:1 phone interview. Basic personality test, overview of technical skills, capabilities. Offer was made. Accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are the interesting projects you have done? Technical capabilities : FEA, Excel   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cooper Power Systems in August 2008.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. I met with multiple managers at the company who asked me various questions about my work expereince. Nothing was out of the ordinary or unexpected. I had a job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• The interview was so long ago I honestly do not remember what all I was asked.   Answer Question