Cooper Power Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2014
10 interviews

3.1

Quality Assurance Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems.

Contacted by head hunter associate who checked on basic information, then a phone review with the head hunter. Once they verified qualifications a phone interview with the hiring manager, a dinner interview with the hiring manager and then an on site interview speaking with multiple people for a few hours.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more money up front

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in January 2010.

Contact by a recruiter associate who determined level of interest followed by a phone interview with the actual recruiter to get more details on experience and the job description. I received a phone call from the hiring manager, we had dinner and then scheduled an on-site with multiple functional leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed probing of project management and leadership skills.   View Answer
    Recruiter inquiry of current and requested salary, no bonus.

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in February 2009.

Typically 3 phone/personal interviews before a decision is made. Meet with HR and immediate supervisor. Meet with team. Meet with extended team members or higher management.

Interview Questions
    • Not a fan of the "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question   Answer Question
    They offered a better salary than I was hoping for, so negotiations were very quick.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in May 2012.

The hiring process was very professional. I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Feedback was given very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical. Many behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in February 2012.

good

Interview Questions
    • what was the thing that you couldn't do very well?   View Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Multi-panel interview process with many different people

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in September 2011.

The interview process consisted one phone interview by the hiring manager. Questions revolved around account management and decision making processes. After this a full day interview was scheduled at the headquaters. This interview process consisted of 6 one hour interviews by various managers including business unit directors, HR manager, and the sales vp. Questions varied but mainly standard questions (i.e. Name a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?). Some questions focused on how you would handle specific customer objections.

The people were very friendly. They seemed to have a very "engineer type" culture. Very detailed and meticulous. Sometimes this came off as a little arrogant but seemed to stem from a excessive pride in the product and company.

The office itself was uninviting (cube farm) and typical of a manufacturing company.

Interview Questions
    • How can you improve the company position within the territory?   Answer Question

Engineer Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in December 2010.

The candidates were given accommodation at a hotel and the next day the interview started early morning. There were few presentations by previous EDP's and then a series of interviews which were both technical and HR.

Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in April 2009.

Was referred by employee. Was a 1:1 phone interview. Basic personality test, overview of technical skills, capabilities. Offer was made. Accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What are the interesting projects you have done?
      Technical capabilities : FEA, Excel
        Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cooper Power Systems in August 2008.

The interview was fairly straight forward. I met with multiple managers at the company who asked me various questions about my work expereince. Nothing was out of the ordinary or unexpected. I had a job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was so long ago I honestly do not remember what all I was asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Cooper Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!