Cooper Tire & Rubber

Updated Oct 31, 2014

3.1

Plant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

I thought that the HR team at Cooper Tire and Rubber Company was pretty well organized and had everything setup and ready to go on time. During the interview process, you were able to speak to a variety of different positions including : VP of Finance, Plant Controller, Senior Accountant, HR Manager, and Manager of the SOX Department. Overall, the interview was like most other interviews in that you get asked several Behavioral based questions along with personal conversation.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview process, I think the most difficult was with the Controller, he asked very technical questions that I was not expecting however, if you are right for the position the questions were easily answerable   Answer Question
    Be sure to read over the offer letter and make sure that it is what you are seeking.

Compound Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

I was contacted for a initial HR screening through phone. This was a general getting to know the candidate interview & was asked to explain at technical term to the HR. The very same day I got a call to interview with the hiring manager who was extremely rude & felt like he wasn't interested in hiring anyone at all. 5 weeks later I got an email from the HR saying the position has been closed.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Had one phone interview and then an in person interview. Asked general leadership questions and about analytical skills.
    Overall it was a good experience. Everyone was pleasant to interview with and the questions were not very difficult. The most important thing is to show that you are smart and can analyze large data sets.

Reclassifier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in June 2014.

It was the basic questions. It was laid back, but you need to show you can be professional and have an ability to grow within the company. It helps to have a degree or at least a degree plan in progress.

Interview Questions
    Very basic, negotiations can be done on a one on one basis.

Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

It is not a quick process at Cooper. It can take over 3 months from the initial phone call to accept the position. There is usually a phone interview and then a full days worth of interviewing.

Not much negotations

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in February 2014.

I was recruited away from my previous job, The company relies heavily on outside recruiters that so all the ground work for them, so your first contact will probably be with someone speaking on behalf of the company but not an employee. After the initial screening interview with the recruiter, the next step in my case was a phone interview with the hiring manager and the most senior buy in the team (both interviewing me over the phine), and the interview took over 30 minutes (very detailed and chalenging questions). The next step was a face of face interview, and that was actually three different panel interviews on the same day (one with the hiring manager, one with three of the team members, and one with a department manager and MSM).

Interview Questions
    • A technical question about statistical correlation and multicolinearity.   View Answer
    Negotiated through the recruiter. The first offer was much lower than what I was making, then the second offer was at the same level, but they added a sign in bonus.

Polymer Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

I just had phone interview. All the questions are corresponding to your research, make sure you understand each contents you write in your resume.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in April 2011.

First phone call by 3rd party recruiter ADP. Then on site for 2 different days for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your failures in managing teams and projects?   View Answer
    • Case on a global procurement issue.   View Answer
    • Case on a supplier price negotiation.   View Answer
    • More questions on leadership and people manag,ent.   View Answer
    Vacation and salary. Got both with negotiation. Ask for it or you will leave good money and vacation on the table.

Production Worker (Pool) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in February 2011.

The online application process was initially broken, so I submitted a paper application that was seemingly ignored for a nearly 2 months.

Eventually I tried applying online again, and got an e-mail stating they'd like a phone interview with me. I scheduled it online. I had the phone interview the same day and was called back immediately afterward, saying I had passed and they'd like to set up the next interview, which was the in-person interview.

The interview at the facility was between me and two other people. One of them I don't recall speaking but they both took notes as far as I remember.

I was told I'd know within 10 days whether I'd be hired. I wondered why it would take that long but tried to keep my hopes up. On the 10th day from the interview (Sunday, so non-business days count) I received an automated e-mail stating that I had been passed over to pursue other candidates.

They knew my qualifications and everything else from my application and the phone interview. I wonder why they bothered with an in-person interview if I wasn't qualified. I think my age (19) led them to believe I was not serious about a career with them, though I tried to convince them otherwise during the interview. It's a shame I got rejected, as I think I would've made a great employee, being a healthy young adult who could handle the physical demands of the job.

They told me everyone starts at $13.00 per hour.

MRO Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in June 2009.

1)Search the Cooper Tire website for a position and location you desire, apply online and fill out the questionnaire(which is sent to a third party recruiter). 2)If selected, they will follow up with a phone interview with third party recruiter. 3) If selected, you will be notified by the third part recruiter to make an appointment for and in person interview at the specified plant. 4)If the in person interview goes well, you will either make another appointment to meet with several other managers such as the plant manager and the plant engineer.....thats as far as I got. I was told that the interview was "perfect" and couldn't have gone any better! A month later, and several check backs with the recruiter, I had no answer and no offer. After another month, I received an e-mail from the recruiter that simply stated that I "was not selected."

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult time you experienced in managing others, in your last position, and how did you overcome it?   View Answer