Cooper Tire & Rubber Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager and then was brought in and met with 4 or 5 managers separately for my interview. It took 3 or 4 weeks for them to finally make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of my interview questions were the standard, tell me about yourself, what kind of work did you do at XYZ.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Southaven, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was on a Saturday at my request. It started off in the plant managers office and carried on into the plant. The interview was very thorough and answered all questions I had about the job and the company. There were quite a few questions asked of me that I answered accordingly. The facilities were nice and clean. The employees working on that day seemed interested to find out what position the interview was for.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position in hopes of it leading to another position.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem being on call after hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and to the point.

Plant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Findlay, OH).

Interview

I thought that the HR team at Cooper Tire and Rubber Company was pretty well organized and had everything setup and ready to go on time. During the interview process, you were able to speak to a variety of different positions including : VP of Finance, Plant Controller, Senior Accountant, HR Manager, and Manager of the SOX Department. Overall, the interview was like most other interviews in that you get asked several Behavioral based questions along with personal conversation.

Interview Questions

• During the interview process, I think the most difficult was with the Controller, he asked very technical questions that I was not expecting however, if you are right for the position the questions were easily answerable   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to read over the offer letter and make sure that it is what you are seeking.

Compound Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

I was contacted for a initial HR screening through phone. This was a general getting to know the candidate interview & was asked to explain at technical term to the HR. The very same day I got a call to interview with the hiring manager who was extremely rude & felt like he wasn't interested in hiring anyone at all. 5 weeks later I got an email from the HR saying the position has been closed.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

Had one phone interview and then an in person interview. Asked general leadership questions and about analytical skills. Overall it was a good experience. Everyone was pleasant to interview with and the questions were not very difficult. The most important thing is to show that you are smart and can analyze large data sets.

Reclassifier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Texarkana, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

It was the basic questions. It was laid back, but you need to show you can be professional and have an ability to grow within the company. It helps to have a degree or at least a degree plan in progress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very basic, negotiations can be done on a one on one basis.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview

It is not a quick process at Cooper. It can take over 3 months from the initial phone call to accept the position. There is usually a phone interview and then a full days worth of interviewing.

Negotiation

Not much negotations

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Findlay, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recruited away from my previous job, The company relies heavily on outside recruiters that so all the ground work for them, so your first contact will probably be with someone speaking on behalf of the company but not an employee. After the initial screening interview with the recruiter, the next step in my case was a phone interview with the hiring manager and the most senior buy in the team (both interviewing me over the phine), and the interview took over 30 minutes (very detailed and chalenging questions). The next step was a face of face interview, and that was actually three different panel interviews on the same day (one with the hiring manager, one with three of the team members, and one with a department manager and MSM).

Interview Questions

• A technical question about statistical correlation and multicolinearity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated through the recruiter. The first offer was much lower than what I was making, then the second offer was at the same level, but they added a sign in bonus.

Polymer Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

I just had phone interview. All the questions are corresponding to your research, make sure you understand each contents you write in your resume.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber (Findlay, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

First phone call by 3rd party recruiter ADP. Then on site for 2 different days for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your failures in managing teams and projects?   1 Answer
    • Case on a global procurement issue.   1 Answer
    • Case on a supplier price negotiation.   1 Answer
    • More questions on leadership and people manag,ent.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Vacation and salary. Got both with negotiation. Ask for it or you will leave good money and vacation on the table.