Cooper Tire & Rubber

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Compound Engineer Interview

Compound Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a initial HR screening through phone. This was a general getting to know the candidate interview & was asked to explain at technical term to the HR. The very same day I got a call to interview with the hiring manager who was extremely rude & felt like he wasn't interested in hiring anyone at all. 5 weeks later I got an email from the HR saying the position has been closed.

Interview Question – All the questions pertaining to the resume.   Answer Question

Reclassifier Interview

Reclassifier
Texarkana, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was the basic questions. It was laid back, but you need to show you can be professional and have an ability to grow within the company. It helps to have a degree or at least a degree plan in progress.

Interview Question – When was the last time you did drugs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very basic, negotiations can be done on a one on one basis.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and then an in person interview. Asked general leadership questions and about analytical skills.
Overall it was a good experience. Everyone was pleasant to interview with and the questions were not very difficult. The most important thing is to show that you are smart and can analyze large data sets.

Interview Question – Name three strengths and three weaknesses of yours.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Interview Details – It is not a quick process at Cooper. It can take over 3 months from the initial phone call to accept the position. There is usually a phone interview and then a full days worth of interviewing.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotations

Polymer Scientist Interview

Polymer Scientist

Interview Details – I just had phone interview. All the questions are corresponding to your research, make sure you understand each contents you write in your resume.

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Findlay, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone - face to face, Panel review

Interview Question – Describe your self   View Answer

IT Interview

IT
Texarkana, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in June 2008.

Interview Details – Resume review and skills assessment

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Findlay, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in April 2011.

Interview Details – First phone call by 3rd party recruiter ADP. Then on site for 2 different days for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your failures in managing teams and projects?   View Answer
  • Case on a global procurement issue.   View Answer
  • Case on a supplier price negotiation.   View Answer
  • More questions on leadership and people manag,ent.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Vacation and salary. Got both with negotiation. Ask for it or you will leave good money and vacation on the table.

Production Worker (Pool) Interview

Production Worker (Pool)
Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in February 2011.

Interview Details – The online application process was initially broken, so I submitted a paper application that was seemingly ignored for a nearly 2 months.

Eventually I tried applying online again, and got an e-mail stating they'd like a phone interview with me. I scheduled it online. I had the phone interview the same day and was called back immediately afterward, saying I had passed and they'd like to set up the next interview, which was the in-person interview.

The interview at the facility was between me and two other people. One of them I don't recall speaking but they both took notes as far as I remember.

I was told I'd know within 10 days whether I'd be hired. I wondered why it would take that long but tried to keep my hopes up. On the 10th day from the interview (Sunday, so non-business days count) I received an automated e-mail stating that I had been passed over to pursue other candidates.

They knew my qualifications and everything else from my application and the phone interview. I wonder why they bothered with an in-person interview if I wasn't qualified. I think my age (19) led them to believe I was not serious about a career with them, though I tried to convince them otherwise during the interview. It's a shame I got rejected, as I think I would've made a great employee, being a healthy young adult who could handle the physical demands of the job.

They told me everyone starts at $13.00 per hour.

Interview Question – What do you know about this job?   View Answer

MRO Buyer Interview

MRO Buyer
Tupelo, MS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cooper Tire & Rubber in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1)Search the Cooper Tire website for a position and location you desire, apply online and fill out the questionnaire(which is sent to a third party recruiter). 2)If selected, they will follow up with a phone interview with third party recruiter. 3) If selected, you will be notified by the third part recruiter to make an appointment for and in person interview at the specified plant. 4)If the in person interview goes well, you will either make another appointment to meet with several other managers such as the plant manager and the plant engineer.....thats as far as I got. I was told that the interview was "perfect" and couldn't have gone any better! A month later, and several check backs with the recruiter, I had no answer and no offer. After another month, I received an e-mail from the recruiter that simply stated that I "was not selected."

Interview Question – What was a difficult time you experienced in managing others, in your last position, and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Worked for Cooper Tire & Rubber? Contribute to the Community!