Copart

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Copart in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by phone and in person. Basic questions asked about past jobs and performances. Was initially told there was no limit to what an agent could make. I was shown salaries that other agents were supposedly making. Basically, a lot of false promises were made during the interview and hiring process.

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple and basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary and commission structure was acceptable, not much to negotiate at the time.

Fairfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Copart in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by another Vehicle Purchasing Agent so the time between applying for the position, making initial contact and participating in the phone interview went pretty quickly. Everyone seemed very nice and professional along the way and everything told to me made me think this was a very unique opportunity within a winning organization.

Unfortunately many of the things discussed during the hiring process changed after accepting the offer and initial training period. Job duties/responsibilities, pay structure and hours changed on a whim based on a conference call or meeting with the Senior Management. Completely unpredictable and unprofessional to say the least.

Beware of all the promises made during the interview process. They are subject to change at any time for just about any reason without notice.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all, pretty much standard interview questions. The interview was focused mainly on past positions and experience but nothing too specific. Looking back on it there was just lots of reasons why this company & position are such a great opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is really no negotiation because it is sold to you as an unlimited income potential based on your experience and effort, which couldn't be any further from the truth. You are paid a commission against a small guarantee that basically means you make $12/hour.....that is unless they have you work an additional weekend day too.

Fairfield, CA

Interview Details – Supervisor called and asked very basic questions about you past. Most of the interview is them over-promising and telling you the potential the position has. They claim you will easily be able to make 75k and you can work from home and you never have to call a client, all you do is price vehicles. In all reality you have to call on crappy leads, price vehicles, follow up, create orders, track purchases, and then watch the vehicles you buy sell as astronomically low prices. The reason the interview is so easy is because they are trying to get people to leave good jobs to come work for them and they have to lie to you in order for you to do it. If you want a basic job at home, making 25-35k then this job is for you.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just them selling you on the company and coming to work for them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, base pay plus a commission structure

Automotive Purchasing Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Copart.

Interview Details – Spoke to a manager who asked me a few questions about why I wished to work with them, my past job performance, etc, then proceeded to tell me how the previous agents are doing great. Gave an estimate of how much they earn. Sent to local yard to fill out formal applications and sent out for drug screening tests.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, all the typical questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Copart

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Copart Automotive Purchasing Agent interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Copart employees and interview candidates.