Copart

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Copart.

Applied through college intern fair, got a mail from the HR after 1 month about my selection for interview. Then, they came to the university for interview. Interview was pretty straight forward.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Some interviews are good. What is wierd is expect marketing to interview you as an engineer. a joke.
    There was no one available with my expertise to even interview me. So I saw a marketing person, and business analyst, and bugs bunny

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwel Springs, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwel Springs, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Copart in November 2014.

Pleasant interview, no high pressure. Both interviewers were very cordial and laid back. Typical questions, why did I want the job. How did you hear about us etc. Gave me a brief description about the job. They asked me a few question.

Intern Interview

good experience !!

Yard Driver Interview

Yard supervisors are in charge of laborers, vehicle operators, material movers and helpers. They prepare work orders and shipping documents, maintain shipping and employee records and manage inventory. These professionals must also make sure safety procedures are followed, and they're responsible for ensuring accuracy in order fulfillment and receiving procedures.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Copart.

They never really interviewed me formally. I met the GM at Starbucks and asked him a little about the job and he said he would call me back. When I didn't hear back I called him and they told me to come in and fill out the paperwork.

They usually start at a lower pay rate. You can negotiate up, aim high.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copart.

Interview was detailed and thorough. 6 out of 10 for difficulty. Was asked questions about my knowledge of the company, so I'm glad I did my research. Also impressed with a list of my own questions. Managers were nice and personable. Was advised of multiple, detailed job duties that would keep me busy 100% of my day with no downtime. Certain duties timed by computer system. Was presented as extremely stressful environment.

Interview Questions

Pay is extremely low for expected duties. Very below average. Managers seemed very discouraged and disappointed to have someone with exact qualifications to perform all duties knowing that corporate would only allow up to $12 an hour with only a possibility of up to 3% raise after a year, if and only if company allows for it. Seemed like a great company other than their terrible pay. Would have cut my pay by $5 to accept offer.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Copart in March 2014.

External Vendor connected with me to arrange the technical interview and scheduled the technical Interview. I believe there are only two rounds, One telephonic and one face to face. However I did not get the feedback from the staffing firm even when the interviewer had expressed interest for getting me for the face to face round.

Interview Questions
    • Core Java Questions some of them below:
      - Multi threading : racing/pooling/deadlock
      - Distributed JVM
      - ebay related questions : How would you handle a bidding environment
      - Some jsp/servlet questions
      - Caching
      - Algorithms : find the missing number from a sequence.
      - Annotations
      - Difference between forward and send redirect
      - Server side push
      - WebSocket ( I did not know the answer)

Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Copart.

I was interviewed in person by the current RM and it was completed in a restaurant setting as well as in the office. The interview was very informal but I did not take it lightly; the regional was highly respectable and carried himself that way. After that interview I was interviewed, via phone, by the VP and it was also a good interview. The RM's main focus was operations, the VP's was sales.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve dealer sales for your area?   View Answer
    Fast and easy.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Copart in December 2013.

Lots of test prior to the face to face interview. The face to face interview was only 6 questions. Disappointed because I really wanted that job!

Interview Questions
    • Only asked 6 questions in the interview was laid back interview and felt my chances were good, but I didn't get an offer. Had done some research on the company prior to interview and had researched how they were expanding into other countries   Answer Question