Copart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Copart in March 2014.

Interview Details – External Vendor connected with me to arrange the technical interview and scheduled the technical Interview. I believe there are only two rounds, One telephonic and one face to face. However I did not get the feedback from the staffing firm even when the interviewer had expressed interest for getting me for the face to face round.

Interview Question – Core Java Questions some of them below:
- Multi threading : racing/pooling/deadlock
- Distributed JVM
- ebay related questions : How would you handle a bidding environment
- Some jsp/servlet questions
- Caching
- Algorithms : find the missing number from a sequence.
- Annotations
- Difference between forward and send redirect
- Server side push
- WebSocket ( I did not know the answer)
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Copart.

Interview Details – They never really interviewed me formally. I met the GM at Starbucks and asked him a little about the job and he said he would call me back. When I didn't hear back I called him and they told me to come in and fill out the paperwork.

Negotiation Details – They usually start at a lower pay rate. You can negotiate up, aim high.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Copart.

Interview Details – Interview was detailed and thorough. 6 out of 10 for difficulty. Was asked questions about my knowledge of the company, so I'm glad I did my research. Also impressed with a list of my own questions. Managers were nice and personable. Was advised of multiple, detailed job duties that would keep me busy 100% of my day with no downtime. Certain duties timed by computer system. Was presented as extremely stressful environment.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay is extremely low for expected duties. Very below average. Managers seemed very discouraged and disappointed to have someone with exact qualifications to perform all duties knowing that corporate would only allow up to $12 an hour with only a possibility of up to 3% raise after a year, if and only if company allows for it. Seemed like a great company other than their terrible pay. Would have cut my pay by $5 to accept offer.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Copart in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online on 11/4/2013 and was contacted by for a phone interview a week later. My interview with Mr. Lawton went great and after several assesment online and several visits to the yard I was finally going to meet him in person and I couldn't have been more exited at the time. This was a great opportunity for my career and I was so hungry to succeed and make a difference that I prepared as much as I could to make sure I would exceed his expectations. I arrived at the yard and had to wait a couple of minutes but I didn't mind until he walked out of the office, screened me and walked back inside w/o even saying hello. I remember thinking "if this is the RM's customer service I can't even imagine what the hourly employees are like" but I pushed trough because I knew this was something I could easily fix at "my" yard. The interview went great and I was already making a mental list of all the ways I was going to take the yard to the next level but something he said at the end threw me off. He said that I "smiled too much and he didn't know if I was a fit for the office". The next step was supposedly to have a phone interview with the VP but after going through all that I never heard from anyone at COPART again. Not an email, call or text message, I even send several emails to the RM because I wanted to be sure that the position had been filled before I moved on but I never heard back from anyone. It was very disrespectful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. REALLY?? because I smiled? I was always taught that in customer service you smile to make people feel comfortable with you and you keep smiling when the going gets tough until you have no option but to stop. I do not believe in being rude and intimidating, I don't get respect that way. I earn respect by being considerate to my peers and customers, being knowledgeable in the business and making the tough calls when is necessary. Your loss.

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed three times. Copart is very thorough in finding a certain type of person. They know what it takes to be successful there and the kind of person to do so.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Copart?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Copart.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in person by the current RM and it was completed in a restaurant setting as well as in the office. The interview was very informal but I did not take it lightly; the regional was highly respectable and carried himself that way. After that interview I was interviewed, via phone, by the VP and it was also a good interview. The RM's main focus was operations, the VP's was sales.

Interview Question – How will you improve dealer sales for your area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fast and easy.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Mebane, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lots of test prior to the face to face interview. The face to face interview was only 6 questions. Disappointed because I really wanted that job!

Interview Question – Only asked 6 questions in the interview was laid back interview and felt my chances were good, but I didn't get an offer. Had done some research on the company prior to interview and had researched how they were expanding into other countries   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fairfield, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Copart in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of multiple interviews, followed by a background check. I had 5 rounds of interviews, with the last being face to face and by far the most difficult. The final interviewer would ask questions then cut me off in the middle of each response, it was very frustrating and a style that felt more like a police interrogation then a job interview.

Interview Question – No one question was most difficult and there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Auto Inspector Interview

Auto Inspector
Colton, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple process , a good attitude and some experience very helpful.

Interview Question – Job history.   View Answer

Director of Program Management Interview

Director of Program Management
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Copart in September 2013.

Interview Details – They used a third party to engage and screen for this position. This third party ("Mondo") was very disorganized. First, they were not clear on the position that I was to be considered for, sending a job description for another position than the one discussed verbally. Second, they did not send promised information (e.g. location and contact) after changing the screening interview time and date inward, in order to accommodate their needs. Seeing this disorganization as a pattern, I withdrew from consideration. No value placed on effort or time spent by the candidate, so I focused my efforts elsewhere. I am sure Copart deserves more, too.

Interview Question – Are you available Monday, as the VP is in town Tuesday?   View Answer

Copart Vice President Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 10, 2014

I am sorry to hear of your less than positive experience during the screening process used by one of the outside recruiting agencies that was assisting in our staffing of IT positions as we moved our ... More

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!