Copart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.4

Yard Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Copart (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the GM and AGM on site and discussed the position for about an hour. Interview was informal. All question were standard typr interview questions. I got the impression that the GM had a lot of autonomy in the interview process. In other words, I would expect the interview may be totally different in a different location and with a different GM.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      Describe some of your past employment successes
      When could you report to work

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Copart (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes long. With a lot of questions. The questions were relatively easy. Typical situational questions as well as why do you want the job type questions. There were two managers and they give you detail on the position and the environment

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Copart (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied through college intern fair, got a mail from the HR after 1 month about my selection for interview. Then, they came to the university for interview. Interview was pretty straight forward.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some interviews are good. What is wierd is expect marketing to interview you as an engineer. a joke.
    There was no one available with my expertise to even interview me. So I saw a marketing person, and business analyst, and bugs bunny

Anonymous Employee in Greenwel Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Copart (Greenwel Springs, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

Pleasant interview, no high pressure. Both interviewers were very cordial and laid back. Typical questions, why did I want the job. How did you hear about us etc. Gave me a brief description about the job. They asked me a few question.

Intern Interview

Interview

good experience !!

Yard Driver Interview

Interview

Yard supervisors are in charge of laborers, vehicle operators, material movers and helpers. They prepare work orders and shipping documents, maintain shipping and employee records and manage inventory. These professionals must also make sure safety procedures are followed, and they're responsible for ensuring accuracy in order fulfillment and receiving procedures.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Copart.

Interview

They never really interviewed me formally. I met the GM at Starbucks and asked him a little about the job and he said he would call me back. When I didn't hear back I called him and they told me to come in and fill out the paperwork.

Negotiation

They usually start at a lower pay rate. You can negotiate up, aim high.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copart.

Interview

Interview was detailed and thorough. 6 out of 10 for difficulty. Was asked questions about my knowledge of the company, so I'm glad I did my research. Also impressed with a list of my own questions. Managers were nice and personable. Was advised of multiple, detailed job duties that would keep me busy 100% of my day with no downtime. Certain duties timed by computer system. Was presented as extremely stressful environment.

Interview Questions

Pay is extremely low for expected duties. Very below average. Managers seemed very discouraged and disappointed to have someone with exact qualifications to perform all duties knowing that corporate would only allow up to $12 an hour with only a possibility of up to 3% raise after a year, if and only if company allows for it. Seemed like a great company other than their terrible pay. Would have cut my pay by $5 to accept offer.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Copart (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

External Vendor connected with me to arrange the technical interview and scheduled the technical Interview. I believe there are only two rounds, One telephonic and one face to face. However I did not get the feedback from the staffing firm even when the interviewer had expressed interest for getting me for the face to face round.

Interview Questions

• Core Java Questions some of them below:
      - Multi threading : racing/pooling/deadlock
      - Distributed JVM
      - ebay related questions : How would you handle a bidding environment
      - Some jsp/servlet questions
      - Caching
      - Algorithms : find the missing number from a sequence.
      - Annotations
      - Difference between forward and send redirect
      - Server side push
      - WebSocket ( I did not know the answer)

Answer Question