Copart Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.5

Yard Driver Interview

Yard supervisors are in charge of laborers, vehicle operators, material movers and helpers. They prepare work orders and shipping documents, maintain shipping and employee records and manage inventory. These professionals must also make sure safety procedures are followed, and they're responsible for ensuring accuracy in order fulfillment and receiving procedures.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Copart in March 2014.

External Vendor connected with me to arrange the technical interview and scheduled the technical Interview. I believe there are only two rounds, One telephonic and one face to face. However I did not get the feedback from the staffing firm even when the interviewer had expressed interest for getting me for the face to face round.

Interview Questions
    • Core Java Questions some of them below:
      - Multi threading : racing/pooling/deadlock
      - Distributed JVM
      - ebay related questions : How would you handle a bidding environment
      - Some jsp/servlet questions
      - Caching
      - Algorithms : find the missing number from a sequence.
      - Annotations
      - Difference between forward and send redirect
      - Server side push
      - WebSocket ( I did not know the answer)
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Copart.

They never really interviewed me formally. I met the GM at Starbucks and asked him a little about the job and he said he would call me back. When I didn't hear back I called him and they told me to come in and fill out the paperwork.

They usually start at a lower pay rate. You can negotiate up, aim high.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Copart.

Interview was detailed and thorough. 6 out of 10 for difficulty. Was asked questions about my knowledge of the company, so I'm glad I did my research. Also impressed with a list of my own questions. Managers were nice and personable. Was advised of multiple, detailed job duties that would keep me busy 100% of my day with no downtime. Certain duties timed by computer system. Was presented as extremely stressful environment.

Interview Questions

Pay is extremely low for expected duties. Very below average. Managers seemed very discouraged and disappointed to have someone with exact qualifications to perform all duties knowing that corporate would only allow up to $12 an hour with only a possibility of up to 3% raise after a year, if and only if company allows for it. Seemed like a great company other than their terrible pay. Would have cut my pay by $5 to accept offer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Copart in November 2013.

I applied for the position online on 11/4/2013 and was contacted by for a phone interview a week later. My interview with Mr. Lawton went great and after several assesment online and several visits to the yard I was finally going to meet him in person and I couldn't have been more exited at the time. This was a great opportunity for my career and I was so hungry to succeed and make a difference that I prepared as much as I could to make sure I would exceed his expectations. I arrived at the yard and had to wait a couple of minutes but I didn't mind until he walked out of the office, screened me and walked back inside w/o even saying hello. I remember thinking "if this is the RM's customer service I can't even imagine what the hourly employees are like" but I pushed trough because I knew this was something I could easily fix at "my" yard. The interview went great and I was already making a mental list of all the ways I was going to take the yard to the next level but something he said at the end threw me off. He said that I "smiled too much and he didn't know if I was a fit for the office". The next step was supposedly to have a phone interview with the VP but after going through all that I never heard from anyone at COPART again. Not an email, call or text message, I even send several emails to the RM because I wanted to be sure that the position had been filled before I moved on but I never heard back from anyone. It was very disrespectful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. REALLY?? because I smiled? I was always taught that in customer service you smile to make people feel comfortable with you and you keep smiling when the going gets tough until you have no option but to stop. I do not believe in being rude and intimidating, I don't get respect that way. I earn respect by being considerate to my peers and customers, being knowledgeable in the business and making the tough calls when is necessary. Your loss.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in September 2013.

I was interviewed three times. Copart is very thorough in finding a certain type of person. They know what it takes to be successful there and the kind of person to do so.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Copart.

I was interviewed in person by the current RM and it was completed in a restaurant setting as well as in the office. The interview was very informal but I did not take it lightly; the regional was highly respectable and carried himself that way. After that interview I was interviewed, via phone, by the VP and it was also a good interview. The RM's main focus was operations, the VP's was sales.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve dealer sales for your area?   View Answer
    Fast and easy.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mebane, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in December 2013.

Lots of test prior to the face to face interview. The face to face interview was only 6 questions. Disappointed because I really wanted that job!

Interview Questions
    • Only asked 6 questions in the interview was laid back interview and felt my chances were good, but I didn't get an offer. Had done some research on the company prior to interview and had researched how they were expanding into other countries   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Copart in February 2013.

The hiring process consisted of multiple interviews, followed by a background check. I had 5 rounds of interviews, with the last being face to face and by far the most difficult. The final interviewer would ask questions then cut me off in the middle of each response, it was very frustrating and a style that felt more like a police interrogation then a job interview.

Interview Questions
    • No one question was most difficult and there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Auto Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colton, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Copart in February 2010.

Very simple process , a good attitude and some experience very helpful.

Interview Questions

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!