Copper Cellar Restaurants

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants in August 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in the copper cellar and asked for an interview. I was given a small sheet to fill out while I waited for a manager. It was a short interview asking questions on experience and areas I had worked in. I received a call back after 2 hours of leaving to come in the next day for training.

Interview Question – Basic questions on service and experience. If you have worked in multiple ares of service this might be helpful. If you have never worked in this field maybe consider asking for a hosting job first with the opportunity to move to a serving position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't really negotiate just need to work hard and up sell to increase your earnings

Very Easy Interview

Cook Interview

Cook
Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was having a drink at the bar one day when I picked up an interest card and filled it out. I had the GM come over and handed it to him and chatted for a few minutes about cooking and ethics and I was invited to come back in a couple days to interview.
Turns out there was no further interview, they had me fill out paperwork and start that day.

Interview Question – There weren't really any questions. The GM found out I had several years of experience and I was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually didn't know what I was getting paid until I received my first paycheck. Make sure you get this out of them.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants.

Interview Details – Fill out a two page job application, ask to speak with manager. There are two interviews, one with a manager, and one with the general manager. Then they will set up training days.

Interview Question – How many shifts a week do you need to maintain your bills?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, pay is flat.

Very Easy Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. They just asked me a few questions about my past work experience and wny I wanted to be a server. They were looking for apperearnce- how well groomed I was. Also they were looking for someone who could be there long term, instead of just someone who was looking for a summer job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at this restaurant?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants in May 2009.

Interview Details – you fill out the intial application and if the manager likes you they hire you

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Copper Cellar Restaurants in December 2008.

Interview Details – just asked about teamwork

Interview Question – biggest challenge   Answer Question

Worked for Copper Cellar Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!