Copper Mobile

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.8

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Copper Mobile.

Initially called by a recruiter to setup a date to interview. After a few calls and emails, we set a day and time. We moved the time within the day a few times, as well as the day once (only to move it back to the original day). It was clear they were trying to shuffle around multiple interviews, which didn't really bother me. They only had one recruiter as far as I know.
    When I got into the interview, every question was boring and lame trivia about Java. Although it is my preferred language, I cannot believe I was asked silly questions anyone could Google and know the definitive answer to in 1 minute. it was especially annoying because the way the interviewer asked the question, he seemed to hint that where I was heading with my answer was off/ridiculous (even though it was not) and that made me second-guess myself.
    I did not get contacted after the interview. Which is fine, because I honestly wouldn't want to work somewhere that judges someone's programming ability on their language trivia.

Interview Questions
    • Why is there no multiple inheritance in Java? Isn't implementing multiple interfaces basically the same thing? Then why can you have multiple interfaces and not class inheritance? Were the Java developers just lazy/didn't know how to implement multiple inheritance?   View Answer
    • What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Copper Mobile in February 2014.

Interview was positive and questions posed were mainly on OOPS concepts.HR will call you first and will fix a date for a technical round . A Developer from team would call you and interview will be easy.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copper Mobile in August 2013.

They were great, I went to the office and they were very polite. Couple of people came to ask me if I had been helped. Saw one developer to the conference room, they asked for water and coffee.

Interview Questions
    • All easy questions, polymorphism, classes, object oriented programming.
      Some behavioral questions too. Where you want to be in a few years.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Copper Mobile in March 2013.

Got a call from Leanne the recruiter, scheduled an interview, showed up for a technical round.

Finally met a VP and discussed the role, career aspirations and division that I wanted to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copper Mobile in March 2013.

1 hr interview
    2 onsite interview - puzzles data structure - java

had a 1.5 yr bond

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Copper Mobile in May 2011.

I uploaded my resume to the website for Copper Mobile for an iPhone application developer position in Dallas, TX office that they had. It appeared to be a very big company initially from outside and the building that they have. I wont say that i was disappointed at all. They treated me with a lot of respect and gave me all the information I needed.

I saw maybe 60-80 employees in the office and I was initially hoping for at least a 500 people company. Looks like they have a lot of remote employees though and other global offices.

Interview Questions
    • What is iphone reference library?   View Answer
    • Whats fast enumeration? Whats the difference between frame and bounds?   View Answers (2)

I declined the offer as I had an offer for more money from Samsung.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Copper Mobile in May 2011.

Recruiter couldn't answer standard questions. Had to wait to hear from CEO for answers. 2 out of 3 VPs I interviewed with were no longer there after 3 mos. into job. Company seemed bigger and more organized than the reality of the situation. Ask for a fair salary upfront because they don't do raises or bonuses.

Great engineers and a lot of good people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell our product without any training?   View Answer

Mobility Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Copper Mobile in November 2010.

HR Person calls and basic screening.
    Phone interview with Director.
    Written and online test.
    In person interview with VP
    Final interview with C level people.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you for this role?   View Answer
    • Asked a lots of questions about the existing role and daily responsibilities and drilled down into the business model...   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but it seems that they have fixed tiers for specific roles so I didnt help me at all and the package that they were offering was good anyways. You should definitely try though.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Copper Mobile in December 2012.

I had received the Telephonic Call for the interview for the post of the Project Manager .Next day , I goes there and what I have seen at there India Office was horrible .
    It was a small company in Basement at Noida Sector -2 . There was no parking . There was no one on the reception to handle the things. People inside the companies have been wearing the awkward clothes look like where I had entered. There was no chair to sit . The cabins was so small that it just look like 2x2 prison cell . The atmosphere was kind of bizarre .

Interview Questions
    • I am surprise when the Interview started to ask the College and school level questions for the Project Manager interview . There was no management question had been asked and nothing . The interviewer's dressing seems to be like a garbage collector and not able to speak English and even not able to describe whats this company do and what there requirements . There was no HR even   View Answer