Copper Mountain

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lift Operator Interview

Lift Operator
Copper Mountain, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper Mountain in October 2010.

Interview Details – Asked previous jobs I worked, looked into my resume, asked if I could be in charge of a team, and began the test to see if I could handle the job and how I would react to certain situations, such as how to respond to an injured guest or employee, how to contact ski patrol and what the job fully entailed.

Interview Question – Are you ''cool'' with shoveling a ton of snow every morning at 6am? Or, whats do you believe is the meaning to life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary. It was smooth, they wanted to originally pay me $10 p/h and I countered with $12 p/h, as I was in charge of a team of 3 others.

Lift Ticket Sales/West Village Gear Check Interview

Lift Ticket Sales/West Village Gear Check
Copper Mountain, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Copper Mountain in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, went to copper for an interview. Pretty standard interview questions - behavioral, customer service stuff. The interview itself took me about 30 or 45 minutes, but it was very laid back. The supervisor is very converstaional and not at all intimidating, though you can tell she's looking for the best. Just be prepared and upbeat, and show enthusiasm for the brand.

Interview Question – Nothing really caught me off guard or surprised me, just know your standard questions. And dress up for the interview. I wore a tie and was told it really helped me stand out.   Answer Question

Rental/Retail Supervisor Interview

Rental/Retail Supervisor
Copper Mountain, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Copper Mountain in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews.

Interview Question – What is your great fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My salary was increased based on experience. They have a range they can pay you and if you convince them you are worth more you will get the upper end of the range.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Copper Mountain.

Interview Details – Called in for first interview with supervisor, called in the next day for interview with manager. Got a call the next day after second interview to hear about outcome. They are willing to do Skype interviews.

Interview Question – As with most people, when you are standing in a long line at the DMV and get aggravated, what do you think could be done to make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Snowboard Instructor

Interviewed at Copper Mountain

Interview Details – Online application followed by a phone interview then the job offer and pre-season training

Interview Question – What has been your most challenging encounter and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Snowboard Instructor
Copper Mountain, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Copper Mountain in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. They lookfor your ability to understand progressions as well as ability to provide instruction for various groups.

Interview Question – How to handle difficult situations when they arise with difficult students.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, the pay structure is very straight forward

Property and Homeowner Services Coordinator Interview

Property and Homeowner Services Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Copper Mountain.

Interview Details – Applied online, had 1st interview with department manager, 2nd interview with other managers I'd be working with, 3rd interview with senior managers.

Interview Question – List your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Took a pay cut to have the opportunity to work and enjoy the lifestyle that comes with working at a ski resort. The benefits package helps with the poor pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Copper Mountain? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Copper Mountain interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Copper Mountain employees and interview candidates.