Copper Mountain

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.2

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copper Mountain, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Copper Mountain.

Had interview right away at a job fair. Waited in line for about 15 minutes. Sat down with a lift op supervisor and talked about job details. He/she asked if this was right for me and I was hired on the spot. Did my hiring paper work right after and started later that month.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions pretty much showed interest in the job and got it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, at the time it was $8.10 hr. take it or leave it.

Guest Services Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copper Mountain in December 2013.

I got a phone call and did the interview over the phone right away. It was a great experience. The person who interviewed me became my manager. General interview questions were asked. If you are outgoing, have passion for the snow, strong work ethics, ability to handle stressful situations and ready to make peoples vacations even better apply for the job!

Interview Questions
    • They might ask an odd question like... If you could be any animal what would you be and why? If you had a super power what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Copper Mountain.

Called in for first interview with supervisor, called in the next day for interview with manager. Got a call the next day after second interview to hear about outcome. They are willing to do Skype interviews.

Interview Questions
    • As with most people, when you are standing in a long line at the DMV and get aggravated, what do you think could be done to make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview then the job offer and pre-season training

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most challenging encounter and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Lift Ticket Sales/West Village Gear Check Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copper Mountain, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Copper Mountain in December 2011.

Applied online, went to copper for an interview. Pretty standard interview questions - behavioral, customer service stuff. The interview itself took me about 30 or 45 minutes, but it was very laid back. The supervisor is very converstaional and not at all intimidating, though you can tell she's looking for the best. Just be prepared and upbeat, and show enthusiasm for the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really caught me off guard or surprised me, just know your standard questions. And dress up for the interview. I wore a tie and was told it really helped me stand out.   Answer Question

Rental/Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copper Mountain, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Copper Mountain in November 2011.

Two phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    My salary was increased based on experience. They have a range they can pay you and if you convince them you are worth more you will get the upper end of the range.

Snowboard Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copper Mountain, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Copper Mountain in February 2011.

Very straight forward. They lookfor your ability to understand progressions as well as ability to provide instruction for various groups.

Interview Questions
    • How to handle difficult situations when they arise with difficult students.   Answer Question
    There was none, the pay structure is very straight forward

Lift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copper Mountain, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Copper Mountain in October 2010.

Asked previous jobs I worked, looked into my resume, asked if I could be in charge of a team, and began the test to see if I could handle the job and how I would react to certain situations, such as how to respond to an injured guest or employee, how to contact ski patrol and what the job fully entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ''cool'' with shoveling a ton of snow every morning at 6am? Or, whats do you believe is the meaning to life.   View Answer
    I negotiated my salary. It was smooth, they wanted to originally pay me $10 p/h and I countered with $12 p/h, as I was in charge of a team of 3 others.

Crew Member Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Copper Mountain in June 2013.

I enrolled a program called Work and Travel that allowed me to get an interview with a US ski resort and I choosed Copper. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. They asked me where do I study, what do I live, if I know how to snowboard. Personal questions. It wasn't difficult.
    After 3 weeks I got the offer and I acepted.

Property and Homeowner Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Copper Mountain.

Applied online, had 1st interview with department manager, 2nd interview with other managers I'd be working with, 3rd interview with senior managers.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation. Took a pay cut to have the opportunity to work and enjoy the lifestyle that comes with working at a ski resort. The benefits package helps with the poor pay.