Copper River IT

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Copper River IT in November 2011.

Interview Details – I arrived for my interview on time but the recruiter had made a mistake and told me the wrong time. Instead of apologizing and trying to determine the source of the confusion, the hiring manager was incredibly rude to me and made me feel like I was wasting his time. The interview felt more like an interrogation process. Despite this, after talking about my background they did say that my skills matched a contract they were trying to fill and we proceeded to discuss compensation.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working on weekends and up to 80% travel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prior to coming in for the interview, I had discussed my salary requirements with the recruiter. During the negotiation process they tried to offer me far less than what I was looking for. The hiring manager actually became somewhat hostile, telling me that the experience and qualifications didn't warrant the salary I was asking for. Finally, after a very painful negotiation process, I agreed to accept the position. Now, I wished I hadn't.

Worked for Copper River IT? Contribute to the Community!