Corbis Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corbis.

Interview

The interview process has changed drastically over the last year. I believe the process is becoming more robust and employees are having more of a say on who their co-workers may be. In the past this has been a challenge. Transparency within the company gives the tools need to those interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were the most difficult. There wasn't an unexpected question, I have plenty of experience interviewing to have heard most of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was professional and seemed fair.

Non-managerial Interview

Interview

I felt like the in-person interview was a complete waste of my time. I prepared for the interview, drove to the location the night before just to make sure there would be no issues getting there the next day and then I drove across town the following morning and met with a rep for 20-30 minutes only to hear why the hiring person thinks I may not be right for the job. Baffling.

Interview Questions

• That age-old psychological HR trick question as to whether or not you can start immediately seems to be testing your loyalty to your current job. Answer wrong and you're likely done from the running. I always get my guard up a bit when this question pops up because that is when I feel like something is amiss if I can not give my current job two weeks notice.   Answer Question

Account Management Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Corbis (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, received an email about five days afterwards from a recruiter based in Seattle about setting up a phone interview, interviewed with her, and was told she'd talk to the local hiring manager about having me go in for an in-person interview but she never got back to me.

Account Management Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

Applied online, was asked invited to interview over the phone by HR person in Seattle. Was told that she'd get back to me the following week about an in-person interview but I never heard from again. The woman I interviewed with was flustered and admitted she was exhausted. Didn't seem very interested in having to interview me.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Corbis.

Interview

Phone interview with HR in another city, followed by in-person interview with head of department and potential manager. Received an offer, but had to start as a temp, paid through temp agency. Eventually became a salaried employee with great benefits and commission plan.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation in a previous job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate the hourly temp wage.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corbis in April 2013.

Interview

I attended the internship fair with about 40 other attendees. There were 8 marketing interns and only 2 positions. The process was well structured but it seemed like a lot of time to spend in a room for only one, fifteen-minute interview. Overall, the atmosphere was fun and inviting but it seemed a little over the top. The fifteen-minute interview was conducted by a small panel of mangers within the hiring department and it was a more casual interview than I expected. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, none you wouldn't expect. They did ask about other companies you though were doing well or poorly with their marketing That could throw someone off if they weren't expecting it.   Answer Question

Content Editor (Photo Editor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position twice. I had a phone interview and in person the first time, phone and in person the second time and was finally hired.

Interview Questions

• There was a test to create a photo gallery based on a certain topic. My topic was "business" - very general.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is an entry level position.

Interview

Easy process. Met with people who wanted 50 words minimum but would not let me know how many words I actually used. Wish it was easier but easy it was. The movie itself was outstanding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what steps you would start with (after tech drew a web page on the white board)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Easy, easy, easy

Negotiation

Wish I hadn't accepted the offer, easy interview are a huge red flag.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiting lady was frantic and didn't seem to know what was going on. Hiring manager was nice but when I met their manger, I was treated rudely.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about intellectual property law that were unexpected.   Answer Question