Corbis

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Editor (Photo Editor) Interview

Content Editor (Photo Editor)
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Corbis in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position twice. I had a phone interview and in person the first time, phone and in person the second time and was finally hired.

Interview Question – There was a test to create a photo gallery based on a certain topic. My topic was "business" - very general.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. This is an entry level position.

Media Services Manager Interview

Media Services Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Corbis in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and one in person interview. Part of the team was in another office. Once I was contacted, the process was very quick from initial conversation to offer.

Interview Question – Describe your experience using SQL to run reports.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. In retrospect, I should have. Where you start is where you stay.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Corbis.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR in another city, followed by in-person interview with head of department and potential manager. Received an offer, but had to start as a temp, paid through temp agency. Eventually became a salaried employee with great benefits and commission plan.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation in a previous job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate the hourly temp wage.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Corbis in April 2013.

Interview Details – I attended the internship fair with about 40 other attendees. There were 8 marketing interns and only 2 positions. The process was well structured but it seemed like a lot of time to spend in a room for only one, fifteen-minute interview. Overall, the atmosphere was fun and inviting but it seemed a little over the top. The fifteen-minute interview was conducted by a small panel of mangers within the hiring department and it was a more casual interview than I expected. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, none you wouldn't expect. They did ask about other companies you though were doing well or poorly with their marketing That could throw someone off if they weren't expecting it.   Answer Question

Entry Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Corbis

Interview Details – Easy process. Met with people who wanted 50 words minimum but would not let me know how many words I actually used. Wish it was easier but easy it was. The movie itself was outstanding.

Interview Question – Tell me what steps you would start with (after tech drew a web page on the white board)   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Corbis.

Interview Details – Easy, easy, easy

Negotiation Details – Wish I hadn't accepted the offer, easy interview are a huge red flag.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Corbis in November 2010.

Interview Details – In-house consultant interviewed.

Negotiation Details – Slow.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Corbis in June 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was average

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only because i didn't know how bad it was, look else where please!

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Corbis in March 2011.

Interview Details – Strong interview process, but lack of financial backing and lack of support from C level employees such as the current CEO (Gary)...he's horrible and also driving this company to the ground.

Negotiation Details – I accepted under the expectation that this company was a quality one...I was misled, and it was a complete waste of time.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Corbis in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was difficutl. They put you in a room and then asked you to do some problems on the board, which were ok, until they had you stand and do the really hard ones, I didn't once go to the bathroom even though my nervous system increased my urine content in my blatter by so much.

Interview Question – Do this math problem quick! and stand and the room was hot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty uneventful

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Corbis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbis interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Corbis employees and interview candidates.