Corbis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Corbis in March 2011.

Interview Details – Strong interview process, but lack of financial backing and lack of support from C level employees such as the current CEO (Gary)...he's horrible and also driving this company to the ground.

Negotiation Details – I accepted under the expectation that this company was a quality one...I was misled, and it was a complete waste of time.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Corbis in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was difficutl. They put you in a room and then asked you to do some problems on the board, which were ok, until they had you stand and do the really hard ones, I didn't once go to the bathroom even though my nervous system increased my urine content in my blatter by so much.

Interview Question – Do this math problem quick! and stand and the room was hot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty uneventful

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Corbis in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting lady was frantic and didn't seem to know what was going on. Hiring manager was nice but when I met their manger, I was treated rudely.

Interview Question – I was asked some questions about intellectual property law that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Corbis in September 2011.

Interview Details – They were great. Very nice people. Human resources was really patient and professional and called me multiple times to confirm everything. Afterwards I sent a follow up letter and got a nice call back.

Interview Question – Where were you born?   Answer Question

Recruiting Programs Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Programs Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corbis in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was phone screened by 2 recruiters and the hiring manager and then interviewed by the recruiting team including the hiring manager and VP or HR. They covered everything about what the culture was like to what they expect from a new hire. It was a very transp[arent and foreard thinking. Also, very postive and team oriented. I was really impressed by their presentation and what they had to offer.

Interview Question – How would you go about resolving a conflict when trying to schedule an interview where their is no availability by any of the interviewers and the canddiate only has that limited timeframe that he/she presented to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was effortless and they gave me exactly what I was looking for

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corbis in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewers were cordial, the atomosphere was relaxed, and the location was stellar. However, during the three interviews the subject of senior management turnover came up. Related to this was other concerns about the frequent change in company direction which has led to a overly complicated infrastructure. While the opportunity seemed challenging, I left with a feeling that upward mobility was going to be difficult.

Interview Question – The interview was rather easy and informal so I don't really have a difficult or unexpected interview question to provide.   View Answer

Photo Publicist Interview

Photo Publicist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Corbis in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went in for an interview, and spoke with a couple of people that would be my immediate supervisors. Very thorough interview on my background experience and was given adequate information about the job's responsibilities. I have heard good things about their corporate culture, and respect the company a great deal, so I was interested in working there. However, at the interview I walked away feeling that growth for someone in a creative role is limited.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult PR contact?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Corbis in October 2009.

Interview Details – Started with a recruiter call followed by a meeting with the recruiter and some employees and then the hiring manager.

It became apparent that the expectations from the current incumbent of the position and the reports into the position were not aligned with the expectations of the hiring manager.

Never tell the candidate in the meeting that your expectations for the role are that the reporting headcount will be slashed from the current base. Emphasise that budget is constantly under review but no more than that.

Interview Question – This is not a technical position however if you need to be technical can you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Corbis.

Interview Details – Went through recruiter and got a face to face interview with the sales manager. Interview was laid back and questions were mostly about myself and my experiences. Not so much behavioural questions. Got an offer back in a week.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Corbis in August 2008.

Interview Details – It was simple. It was a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the initial offer exceeded the salary and benefits exceeded those of my prior employer.