Corcoran Group Interview Questions

2.5

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Corcoran Group.

Interview

Four interviews on four different days. Met with HR and then supervisor. Also met with Manager for location I would be supporting. General customer service questions and background with HR. Supervisor asked a few technical question and scenario based questions. Met with office Manager for other location and they asked about background and how I would fit.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corcoran Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I was given an interview because my family friend worked as a senior salesperson at that particular office. The office manager was very honest and upfront about the responsibilities of a real estate agent, and addressed any concerns I had. Very easy process - just had to make sure that I took my NYS license exam and that I passed. Once I received confirmation of this, I was set up to attend a 2 week training session.

Interview Questions

• What will make you stand out among 14,000 real estate agents in NYC?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corcoran Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Not intimidating. They just want to get to know what kind of person you are and what can be offered to the position. Just be prepared to talk about your resume (obviously) and skills that pertain to the position.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this position and can you give me an example of the challenges you've encountered that were able to overcome?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Corcoran Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company regarding the full time opportunity with the Corcoran Group. I interviewed with the Director of Human Resources by phone, then the next day had an in person interview. Salary was discussed for when the position would convert to Full Time. During the conversion the company offered me less money and tainted the relationship from the very beginning. I had already left my previous full time job and had no option but to accept their offer. Not the best way to start a new job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question asked was why I wanted to leave my full time job to take a temp to perm position with the Corcoran Group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very bad negotiation experience. I was hired temp to perm and was offered less than what we agreed to upon me accepting the positon.

Sale Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corcoran Group (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and easy. Met with an office manager who was on time and courteous. Was asked about my knowledge of New York City and a brief discussion of why I wanted to work in real estate. The rest of the interview was basically reviewing things that I had learned in corporate training.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an independent contractor there is no negotiation because there is no salary.

Real Estate Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Corcoran Group.

Interview

I applied to Corcoran through the career services at my university. Got a reply within a day. Had a quick phone interview, and got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Just behavioral questions to get a feel for fit.   Answer Question