Core BTS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.6

LAN Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Core BTS (Liberty, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The initial Core BTS interview was mostly informal hosted at an informal restaurant, but all parties were well dressed and professional. It was very stress free and we just had a conversation. If you are confident of your skills then you will do fine. The next step was the formal interview hosted at the employers location. This was mostly a conversation with random parties talking to each other and throwing questions at me. I felt very relaxed and confident. A week later I was re-asked my salary requirements and processed by HR.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was VoIP related. I am weak on VoIP so I was honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiating phase is perfect. I gave them a figure that I needed to support my family and they gave me $1000 over.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core BTS in August 2013.

Interview

Initial interview with Regional Vice President. Second round will be with minimum of two existing Account Executives. Upon approval of sales group then you will filter up to Sr. VP and CEO; most likely by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offer was in line with my expectations so I accepted.

Network Operations Center Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Core BTS in February 2013.

Interview

I was invited for an interview and arrived to meet 3 interviewers. There was a director, a senior NOC engineer, and a help desk manager. They each had their own questions relating to their part in the company. They seemed to be communicating to each other through chat on their laptops throughout the interview. I was asked a simple technical question about how I would go about troubleshooting lack of access to a server. The questions from the other two interviewers included the basics such as customer support experience and how I would handle stress, etc.They were all dressed professionally and I had the impression that the company was professional.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take in troubleshooting connectivity to a network server?   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Core BTS (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was thorough and provided multiple employees to speak with during the process. The hiring manager provided a detailed overview of the position and asked engaging questions about my experience and skills. The follow up interview was with the hiring manager and team members. All of my questions about the company and position where addressed. Communication during the process was excellent.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Core BTS in June 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with the regional vice president and one with the president of sales. Neither were too formal, only one face to face interview.

Negotiation

There was none. I was just lied to.